A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: uglyass xmas ornaments display ideas?  (Read 1454 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tattooed_dork

physics makes us all it's bitches

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 11, 2006 07:21:04 PM »

i have this abosolutely wonderful, kitchy collection of (mostly) glass xmas ornaments. i would love to display them all year long. i would just throw a tree up, but there is one problem. one cute, furry problem...

abby would destroy them. i thought about just running a wire around the top of a room and hanging them from hooks, but that seemed.. well... too simple, for lack of a better term. i'd like something a bit more crafty/kitchy but my brain is devoid of ideas. i bet you lovely craftster can help me out!

i couldn't resist posting another pic. i'm one of those horribly annoying my-cat-is-my-child-by-proxy persons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006 07:32:18 PM »

how about getting some silk flowers/greenery and hanging them as a valance over a window (or not), then hanging your ornaments from there.  Its what I did with our ornaments last christmas (2 cats and toddler)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gennessee
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006 12:39:31 PM »

A friend of mine dealt with his cat issues by collecting fallen branches outside and attaching them to his living room ceiling with wire. (He was lucky enough to have reasonably high ceilings and acoustic tiling so he could attach it to the crossbeams.)  He then decorated them with lights, garland, ornaments, the whole works... it looked fantastic and was totally immune to cat antics.

(Sorry for replying to such an old post, but I stumbled upon it and thought you might still be looking for a solution.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooed_dork

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006 07:28:53 AM »

lol... that's funny. i was just thinking about this the other day. thanks for the sugestion.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006 07:48:23 AM »

I  was  thinking a  display frame box  thingy....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
seamonkeychik
LOOK OUT!

OoOo What I could do with this!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006 12:27:47 PM »

Yeah I have no idea sorry I am no help. I had to comment on how cute Abby is!!! I had a siamese named Albie and she had such a personality. Your Abby reminds me of her. So cute! Hope you figure it out. Just wanted to say "AWWWWWW!!!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitkabbit
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006 07:42:32 AM »

Are you in a house with a chandelier?
Hang them off of that!!!!  all year long is cool, just used canned air to dust em!
Or, have you got a ceiling fan, you could decorate the fan (providing it stays OFF during the winter) with tinsel and the ornaments and stuff.  That's only part of the year tho...
What else.. places kitty can't reach.  Get an extra windowscreen, hang the ornaments on it (wire the ornaments to it) and put it on the wall?
hope these ideas help.

I know.  Kitties are bad.  Ours *so far* hasn't tried to get in the tree but the new kitty we got last night looks like she's gonna be trouble.  Right now we've got her in isolation... but I worry when she comes out- she is 6 months old so still a baby.  cats+ shiny breakable things= big mess!

Your kitty is soo adorable.  Is she a noisy talky kitty?

~k
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006 07:44:28 AM by kitkabbit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006 07:50:25 AM »

When we traveled at Christmas and we had a cat, I put up greenery garland over my windows and hung the ornanents from that.  You probably wouldn't want evergreen on your windows all year, but you could put twisty grapevine branches up instead for an outoorsy look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooed_dork

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006 09:07:17 AM »

Your kitty is soo adorable.  Is she a noisy talky kitty?

~k

yeah. especially if she's only around one other person. she doesn't yowl too much, but if she's looking at you and you talk to her, more often than not, she vocalizes back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Ham and Bananas Hollandaise
How to Make Honey Brisket Sloppy Joes with Herb Kentucky Lime Salad
How to Make Rhubarbecue Ribs
How to Make a Tuna Salad Sandwich
How to Make Creamy Chicken Skillet with Loaded Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...