A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jim Henson Gallery  (Read 26909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2006 07:09:03 PM »

Non-craft related again- but the Museum of TV and Radio in Beverly Hills had a big old "50th Anniversary of the Muppets!" sign in the window, and so the sweetie and I went inside for the first time ever! They have hundreds of hours of footage, and it was difficult to choose, but we selected just two things to watch- an episode of the The Muppet Show (I don't have it on DVD!) and then an awesome 60 minutes special from 1979 that was entirely behind the scenes of the Muppet Show.

These are in their current collection as well as oodles of other "behind the scenes with the muppets" and other Henson projects, so if anyone is in the LA, I highly recommend stopping by! I think I'm going to become a member- admission is free, there's a suggested donation, but it's so darned cool that they have all this footage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
boywonder

Oh I've got all the courage, I'll ever need.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2006 07:24:29 PM »

Non-craft related again- but the Museum of TV and Radio in Beverly Hills had a big old "50th Anniversary of the Muppets!" sign in the window, and so the sweetie and I went inside for the first time ever! They have hundreds of hours of footage, and it was difficult to choose, but we selected just two things to watch- an episode of the The Muppet Show (I don't have it on DVD!) and then an awesome 60 minutes special from 1979 that was entirely behind the scenes of the Muppet Show.

That reminds me of the exhibit at the CBC Museum in Toronto that I went to in February. They had an exhibit called "Growing up with CBC" and they had some of the actual muppets from Sesame Park. They're so cool to see up close.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitty mcknitknit

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, down it goes

« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2006 07:42:01 AM »

For those of you in the DC area, the Smithsonian Museum of American History just opened a small exhibit on Jim Henson's work. (!!)  I fought the tourist crowds and went yesterday, and though it wasn't very big, it was cool: eight or nine of JH's original creations for his show "Sam and Friends" including the original, cut-out-of-a-coat-his-mother-discarded gray-green Kermit; the Swedish chef, complete with wooden spoon and one of the egg-beater riding rats from "The Muppets Take Manhattan"; and some of the classics that were voiced by JH: Rowlf (loved this!), Dr. Teeth (inspired by Liberace? One wonders...), and an older Kermit.

The museum is closing down for 2+ years (renovations) in September, but I have a feeling this will be a permanent part of the museum...

Hooray!

Oh, there were also a few animatronic displays from The Dark Crystal (v. creepy) and Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viridis
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2006 10:13:11 PM »

Slimey!

Love the little mupheads. Are they stitch markers?

I made them as buttons/beads. I have never seen that style of stitch marker so i am unsure as to if they could be used for that purpose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2006 06:02:27 AM »

Just checking in with a quick update.  There are still two people who have yet to receive.  One I know is on its way but it was an international swap so that's where the delay is.  The other one is also an international swap BUT I haven't heard from the sender in quite a while and I don't know if she really actually shipped it out or not yet.  If I don't hear from her by Saturday I'm going to be asking for an angel for Viridis. 

On another note, I thought I'd share a picture of the cakes I made for my niece's 1st birthday.  I used the pattern from the Quilting with the Muppets book for Cookie.  My niece had her own little cake too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

...we all shine on... ~John Lennon
grasshopper

Do you like me? Make an assessment.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2006 06:08:54 AM »

Yay for Cookie Monster!!  Now I am hungry for cookies AND cake!! 

Let me know if you need an angel for Viridis!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The time has come
The walrus said
To talk of many things-
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
goatgoddess
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2006 07:23:25 PM »

Got my package from Jane Doe

thank you so much - such a fab package - photo's just weren't doing the job so scanned everything. which is why Oscar looks a bit smooched  Smiley

a cute Jim Henson timeline with a little Oscar toy

a woven (knotted?) wrap - very nice - love the feel so soft and love the look, the colors are perfect!

Then a way nice journal - love the pic on the front

thanks so much Jane Doe !
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006 07:26:03 PM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2006 07:28:08 PM »

That timeline is really cool, and oscar actually looks really cute all smooshed! LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2006 08:34:00 PM »

Glad the package reached you safe and sound Smiley

The little time-line thingo, I intended you to use as a to-do board.
The message I wrote on the other page wipes off with a tisue, and then you can write on it with a whiteboard marker.
I thought the timeline might inspire and spur you on with your "to do" list Wink

So not to mislead anyone, I just want to clarify that I didn't make the little oscar - it was a charity purchase I thought goatgoddess would like

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2006 09:09:39 PM »

Glad the package reached you safe and sound Smiley

The little time-line thingo, I intended you to use as a to-do board.
The message I wrote on the other page wipes off with a tisue, and then you can write on it with a whiteboard marker.
I thought the timeline might inspire and spur you on with your "to do" list Wink

So not to mislead anyone, I just want to clarify that I didn't make the little oscar - it was a charity purchase I thought goatgoddess would like

Oscar is nested up with my stuffed toy goats - he looks bemused <G>
Yeah my scanner wasn't big enough to show all of this - it's very cool the top being the timeline and the bottom a wipe off board for lists,

I will hang my "to do" list in the craft room but not around my hubby - the "honey do's list" around our house isn't a list I make for him but rather a list he makes for me, and with our goats that list is never ending <lol>
I do like it - most of the writing had come off but I got the gist of it

thanks so much!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006 09:12:23 PM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How a Washing Machine Became a Percussion Device
Avatar Post Team - Episode 3 - Process and Flow
How to Play a Fermatta on Violin
How to Play at the Tip of the Bow
How to Play the Piano with Velocity
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...