A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jim Henson Gallery  (Read 26746 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BatGrrl
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2006 10:49:36 AM »

A couple thoughts on converting Elmo to Grover....

It looks like frosting his fur with a spatula makes him look more fuzzy and might mean you wouldn't have to trim the wavy lines.

Make the eyes go down on his cheeks, yes, and I have an idea that might help with the fact that there should be more head/fur above them (or that the fur is oddly Elmo-eye shaped if you don't cut the tops off):  make a Super Grover helmet and place it on the top of the cake.  You could make one out of light cardboard, paper, or those craft foam sheets for kiddy crafts.  Or, depending on the exact size/shape, you might be able to put the Elmo-shaped cake on top of a single round layer, then frost with the fur-promoting spatula technique?

Well, if my mom can make a lion out of a Cabbage Patch Kid, I think you'll manage to turn Elmo into Grover with little difficulty.  Good luck!

Pieces,

Joanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2006 11:11:55 AM »

But I can't see in my head whether Grover will look okay with the eyes off the top of his head like that.

That's the only thing that I think might keep it from truly looking like Grover.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...we all shine on... ~John Lennon
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2006 12:17:28 PM »

You might even be able to do it with just a totally round cake pan (if you have one, of course!)  Grover's noggin is pretty much a perfect circle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

regansbox
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2006 12:55:29 PM »

You know how cool it is to have a community of like-minded individuals I can ask this sort of bizarre question to and get a half a dozen responses in a few hours?

I'm gettin all misty now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krebstar5
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2006 01:54:56 PM »

You know how cool it is to have a community of like-minded individuals I can ask this sort of bizarre question to and get a half a dozen responses in a few hours?

I'm gettin all misty now.

I know what you mean!  I'm going to be so sad when this is all over!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2006 05:46:07 PM »

Time for a Muppet Newsflash!  I received from SonjaBoo today!!  Woo-hoo! She sent me the coolest things!!!!

A necklace with a picture of my craftster avatar!  Yeah!

A Muppet Stage that I can change the background scene on!!!!   It looks like the Muppet Show stage and it has tons of scenes from the Muppet Show on a scroll that you can roll to get to the one you want!

I had to get my Scooter action figure doll out (yes, I have a Scooter action figure doll, doesn't everyone?) so he could do an action shot for me.

An extra scroll that wouldn't fit in the muppet stage, but I'm going to find something crafty to do with it.  Also a super cute Fraggle picture book type thing!  It has my favorite Fraggle Boober on the front and it says "anna begins" on it!  And some super cute Sesame Street stickers!

Thank you so much, Sonjaboo for everything!  I am spoiled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2006 06:09:42 PM »

Wow Sonjaboo! Those things are all so incredible! I adore the stage so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2006 07:19:06 PM »

I am so happy that you liked it!  It took a while to get it to work right, but it was worth it in the end!  I had a ton of fun making it!  I love the fact that you have a Scooter action figure too-- he adds just the right touch.   Grin

Incidently, I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but I used one web site quite a bit in my search for Muppet Show pictures-- Muppet Wiki.  I had never heard of it before (it was probably mentioned on this string at one point and I totally missed it) but it is awesome!  It has everything you could think of on the Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street-- you name it!  I highly recommend it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2006 07:40:03 PM »

I received today from anna-begins, and may I say, you should all prepare to be seriously jealous!  I cannot post pics tonight as my camera batteries have died on me (will get some tomorrow!) but anna-begins was incredibly generous and is an amazing swapper!  She sent a fleece blanket with Kermit and Animal on it, an incredible Kermit pillow, two felt flower broaches (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE), and an amazing box filled with Muppet coasters-- I am totally blown away!  Thank you so much Ann-- you have been such a great swap partner!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2006 08:08:40 AM »

I'm so glad you liked what I made, Erika!!  I had *so* much fun crafting for this swap!  I took some pictures before sending out so I'll post them here.

Trinket Box  The circles say Create, Dream, Imagine. The ribbons I used on the side of the box looked muppety to me so I had to add them!

Coasters w/micro beads

Fleece Blanket

Kermit Pillow

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
When Are You Ready For a DSLR
Critical Shutter Speeds in Macro Photography
How to Choose a Lens For a DSLR - Photography Tips
Nikon J1 Video Sample
GE PJ1 DLP Projector Camera Demo at Photokina 2010
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...