A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Corduroy wallet & new tie-dye wallet  (Read 12548 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aneesah
« on: April 11, 2006 01:45:52 AM »

Just wanted to add another wallet I made yesterday; it's slightly bigger than the corduroy wallet 'cause it has bias binding, but I still like it. Very sturdy 'cause I used Wonder-Under and fused the tie-dyed pieces to just white pieces. (Would've used regular interfacing but I don't have any.  Undecided )

I started with a pair of white pants and fabric dyes and ended up with a terribly stained carpet, a really messy bedroom floor and regret that I didn't dye some more fabric yellow for the binding. Sad (There weren't enough for one outer edge.) Oh, and the wallet. Tongue The tie-dyeing didn't come out so bright and colourful but I'm okay with that. Ignore the sloppy stitching, please! Grin

---------------

I originally just posted my pictures in the A Bag a Month Craftalong thread, but fort_loop asked for a tutorial, so here it is.

My wallet is on the messy side and I'm sure there are better ways to sew on the pieces, so forgive me for any mistakes and such in the tut. Smiley

I'm aware that Craftster resizes big images, so to read the text properly, just click here to open the image in a new window.

Let me know if you have any questions!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008 07:02:49 AM by Aneesah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
bluepie
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006 09:25:56 AM »

love this wallet!...but can't see any phoos or text..maybe its my computer??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aneesah
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006 08:52:36 PM »

love this wallet!...but can't see any phoos or text..maybe its my computer??

Oops, forgive me. I ran out of bandwidth at the hosting site, apparently. Embarrassed It's okay now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ketmga
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006 03:57:58 AM »

Great wallet and tutorial but do you have it posted anywhere else that would be easier to read? The print is so small I can barely read the instructions. Also, do you have the conversions to inches? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aneesah
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006 09:45:23 AM »

Great wallet and tutorial but do you have it posted anywhere else that would be easier to read? The print is so small I can barely read the instructions. Also, do you have the conversions to inches? Thanks!

Is it really too small to read, even full-viewed? Undecided I've already saved the text in the image itself, so it would take lots of work to re-type them as real text, sorry. And nope, I think the world should use centimetres, I find it difficult to read like, 1/8" or 1/16" on the ruler. Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fort_loop
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006 10:22:03 AM »

Thank you soooooo much.  I really appreciate it.  When I get time to make one (which I certainly will even if it is a couple of months from now after my second child is born and I get out from under some other deadlines) I will post or pm you with pics. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ketmga
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006 05:45:12 PM »

Is it really too small to read, even full-viewed? Undecided I've already saved the text in the image itself, so it would take lots of work to re-type them as real text, sorry. And nope, I think the world should use centimetres, I find it difficult to read like, 1/8" or 1/16" on the ruler. Lips sealed

Yes, it is really that small even on full view. Some of the text is blurry and I can not read it. I guess I will have to learn how to use cenimeters. Thanks anyways. I really like the wallet but will not be able to make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fort_loop
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006 06:54:28 PM »

Hmm?  For what it is worth, I am not having any problem seeing the text in the images.  Maybe it makes a difference what browser you use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aneesah
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006 07:56:06 PM »

Yes, it is really that small even on full view. Some of the text is blurry and I can not read it. I guess I will have to learn how to use cenimeters. Thanks anyways. I really like the wallet but will not be able to make it.

I'm pretty sure the illustrations are at least helpful. Cry In any case, I think I'll PM you with the smallish text, what's the use of tutorials if people can't follow it, right?

Alright, I enlarged the whole image by 25%. Grin
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006 11:44:58 PM by Aneesah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

groschveux
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006 09:44:17 PM »

Thank you for the tutorial. I'll have to try it soon.
People that have trouble viewing it, can save the tutorial on their computer and make it appear bigger.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Figuring Out What Styles Work for Each Face Shape
How To Do Three Easy Hair Styles With Oscar Blandi Styling Pin
Behind the Scenes With Indique Hair Boutique
Smurf-Style Your Hair: The Big Pony Braid
The Top Hair Trends From NYFW Fall 2013: Braids and Ponytails
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...