A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
335 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby/Kid Stuff Swap Round 3 - SIGN UPS CLOSED; SEND OUT BY MAY 29/06  (Read 5873 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2006 11:59:05 PM »

Swap name: Baby/Kid Stuff Swap (Round 3)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Madmatigan79
Sign-up date range: April 11/06 - April 25/06
Date to send item by: May 16/06
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
All ages allowed? Or 18+? Come one, come all!

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders" list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:

Because there are more than a few crafty parents/grandparents/aunties/etc out there, this is a swap of items for the "little people" (read: children 12 years and younger) in our lives. Each person will craft at least three medium (time-wise) items (or equivalent, i.e. one large & one small, several small, etc) for their partner's child (or children). If you want to do more (or less), that is fine, as long as you have agreed upon it with your partner.

Consider the interests and age(s) of your partner's child(ren) and make things that will be appropriate.

The Rules:

You've probably heard them all before but here goes...

If you are eligible to get a DC (delivery confirmation number), you MUST get a DC. If you are not eligible to get a DC, SAVE YOUR RECEIPT AS PROOF THAT YOU HAVE SENT!

Please acknowledge when you receive your package by sending a pm to both me and your partner AND by posting in the Swap Gallery (will post link to thread once swap is underway).

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO POST IN THIS THREAD OR ACTIVATE THE 'NEW POST' NOTIFICATION FEATURE. This will ensure that no one gets left out of the loop as you will know when I or anyone else leaves a new message on this thread.

PLEASE DON'T SEND OUT EARLY without checking with me first! I will send out a pm to check in with everybody prior to the mail out date. When people reply to the check in pm, I will post a list on this thread. When your partner has replied, you may go ahead and send their package. Your partner will not send their package until I have heard from you! (this method seems to have worked for other organizers in keeping things on track and weeding out flakers)

If, for whatever reason, you are going to have to send late (or worse, not send at all - we all understand that life can get in the way of crafting), please let me and your partner know ASAP. Avoid negative feedback by keeping in good communication!!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?

How many children (12 years and under) do you have (if not their parent, what is your relationship to them)?
Do they have any allergies (ie. nuts, smoke, pets, etc) or special needs that your partner should be aware of?
What are their names/ages/genders?
...clothing sizes?
...interests (ie. animals, princesses, sports, etc)?
...favorite activities (ie. drawing, singing, video games, etc)?
...favorite colours?
...favorite story/tv show/character/etc?
...other likes?
...dislikes?
Any other pertinent information?
Anything in particular you think your child(ren) would need/could use/would love?
What are your craft skills?
What age range would you prefer to craft for (if it doesn't matter, just put "any")?
Do you have access to a digital camera/a way to post pictures?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

Partners:

Teal = responded to first check in
Purple = sent
Green = received
Red = sent and received
Black = all swap requirements completed

Madmatigan79 <------> babyonboard
heide <------> betzi
cantafruit <------> julieko
jnaos <------> javastain
zenochka <------> chicaboomboom
Tinted <------> SewMuch4Kids
spitbubbleluv <------> Etheren
hardcoremothball <------> Nomes707
Zelda.Suicide <------> fairgreenlady
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006 03:30:35 PM by Madmatigan79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleHeather
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006 01:08:31 AM »

Oooh - I missed out on this one last time!  I'm away on holiday for the next week, and I'll see how my time committments are after that, but I'd like to join!  I'm an aunt to an adorable 17 month old niece, with my second niece due in June!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babyonboard
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006 06:05:34 AM »

Hi I have sent you a p.m to join this swap!

i am very excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heide
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006 06:56:23 AM »

I sent a PM to sign up too... I hope I get matched with someone who has a little girl, because I already have some great girl-stuff in mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cantafruit
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006 06:56:58 AM »

I'm sending too and also very excited!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*personal swap, anyone? I sew, knit and crochet*

wist: http://www.wists.com/cantafruit
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006 09:33:17 AM »

Ohhh... I have a broken sewing machine!!! UGH! Ok, I am debating... I can crochet the dickens out of anything but that takes a while to do (especially with Ellie (almost 3) wanting to crochet with me... ie. getting tangled in the yarn with her crochet hook in hand!)... THe kids LOVED this one... stuff in the mail for them! It was like Christmas in March! Oh... the torture! OK... give me a day or two to let all the voices argue it out!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006 09:50:46 AM »

If it makes things easier, I can change the send out date to extend the crafting time...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewMuch4Kids

My Reality Check bounced.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006 02:30:10 PM »

I am going to PM for this one too.

It will be fun.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
zenochka
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006 03:19:30 PM »

Yeah just sent my info in! I had so much fun with round 2 I can't pass this one up!!
Cheryl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006 05:49:18 PM »

If it makes things easier, I can change the send out date to extend the crafting time...  Wink

Hahahah! Only red wine makes things better!!!  Wink
Seriously though, I think if it was extended juuuuusst a little, I would do it... BUT if anyone has a prob, don't post here so you don't feel uncomfortable...PM madmatigan seperately... I would hate to make someone wait just for me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Retro Rockabilly Hair
How to Use Dry Shampoo
How to Do Bright Ombre Tips
How to Do an Easy Side Knot
How to Make Short Hair Trends Work for You
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...