A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 301,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Earth Day Global Recycled Swap!  (Read 7628 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knightswhosayknit
Veni, Vidi, Texui

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006 03:58:38 PM »

lady4feet- did you get the scarf as well (or even know it was a scarf? I stupidly didn't write you a note...)? Anyway, I'm glad you like the bag, and yes, it is made from a t-shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone on Ravelry? My username is Caitlism, friend me!
lady4feet
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006 06:40:36 PM »

lol, sorry yes I did get the scarf. I thought that's what it was but wasn't 100%. It's a very pretty purple that's perfect for GA weather since our weather doesn't get to cold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rangerbeth
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2006 12:24:13 PM »

Wow. Sooo I check my mail MAYBE once a week if I'm not expecting anything. I decide to give 'er a look the other day and I find a BONUS GIFT from my lovely swapper grannystylee. She sent me another package containing these badazz pins. And I totally agree, they look super fabu as a set. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sketchygirl
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2006 01:31:30 PM »

Those are pretty sweet! What beer is the gargoyle/devil guy from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2006 04:38:28 PM »

OK, so I received like weeks ago... I have no excuse except that the picture hosting things is a daunting task for me... I get so lost in the computer sometimes, anything I need, I have to save on my desktop, otherwise I can't find it again, and of course I lost the photos... I am so glad I married a computer nerd...
So here's the booty I received from Arabella....

Recycled junk mail hand made paper,  embroidery kit (embroidery patterns from sublime stitching, needles, thread and a loop), water colors, tote with hand made earth day patch, recycled yarn pulled from a thrift store sweater....

embroidery kit;

junk mail paper check out the stars...

tote

Ok, I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything... I want to post more pictures... I will get better close ups! Thanks ARABELLA!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
grannystylee
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2006 09:48:02 PM »

Wow. Sooo I check my mail MAYBE once a week if I'm not expecting anything. I decide to give 'er a look the other day and I find a BONUS GIFT from my lovely swapper grannystylee. She sent me another package containing these badazz pins. And I totally agree, they look super fabu as a set. Thanks again!

I'm so glad you like them!  The caps all came from the sidewalk or street.  I forget the name of the devil guys beer, some kind of ale, I've seen the delivery trucks around.

Oh and cool stuff javastain, congrats!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006 09:58:51 PM by grannystylee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rangerbeth
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2006 09:56:13 PM »

Holy... that paper rocks. Any suggestions on resources get directions from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arabella
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2006 02:32:00 PM »

javastain, you're still ahead of me on posting pics!  sorry I can never get on craftster these days.  looking at the pics, it doesn't look "recycled" enough, so I want to let everyone know that I made the tote from reclaimed fabric, the watercolors (for the little javastains) are from American Sci & Surplus (so that's kinda recycled, right?) and the embroidery "kit" is all thrifted, except for the SS patterns but I had to throw some of those in there!

Holy... that paper rocks. Any suggestions on resources get directions from?

thank you!  making the paper was so FUN!!!  It was seriously like some of the most fun I've had crafting.  I used the Arthur Gummer papermaking kit, which makes it a lot easier, but you can make your own mould and deckle too.  for the paper, just put it in some water, let it soak a bit, then blend it up and add scraps of embroidery thread, crappy tissue paper, or whatever you've got lying around.   I'll post some links later, but if you google "make handmade paper recycled" or some combo of those words, you'll be able to find it.

rangerbeth - I'd be happy to swap you some for the recycled sandwich bag!  (that was you, right?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2006 05:00:53 PM »

javastain, you're still ahead of me on posting pics!  sorry I can never get on craftster these days.  looking at the pics, it doesn't look "recycled" enough, so I want to let everyone know that I made the tote from reclaimed fabric, the watercolors (for the little javastains) are from American Sci & Surplus (so that's kinda recycled, right?) and the embroidery "kit" is all thrifted, except for the SS patterns but I had to throw some of those in there!

Ok, so I have to say I am slightly embarrased  Embarrassed because I lost your note (well, the kids watercolored it and off it went, it's probably under someone's bed...) I didn't want to say the wrong thing when describing the items... was that one recycled, repurposed, from a recycleing plant, from an eco company etc.. anyway... the hidden-ish pocket in the tote is perfect for slipping my cell phone into to run off somewhere and I can't wait to use the embroidery kit too. Thanks again arabella!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
lady4feet
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007 10:29:42 AM »

Hey guys thought I'd dredge up this old gallery to see if anyone is interested in one this year. The discussion is here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=150144.msg1491644#msg1491644
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Polymer Clay Christmas Tree Ornaments
How to Make a Rudolph Hand Puppet
How to Wrap Presents with Fabric
How to Make a Holiday Mouse
How to Knit a Pomp A Doodle Scarf
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...