A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Invite your partner swap?  (Read 6900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2006 11:02:51 AM »

If you are a swapping addict, I'm sure you have a list of people that you would love to swap with. And when you see that they've signed up for the same swap as you, you hope that this will be the time you are partnered up. But it doesn't always work that way, does it?

What if there were a swap where you have to sign up as partners? i.e. if I want to swap with xxxxx, I would first pm her and see if she's game. If she is, then we would both pm the organizer and let them know that we are swapping with each other. It's almost like a personal swap, but it would have an organizer, and (I'm guessing) an awesome gallery.

You would have to realize that there is a chance your invitee will not be interested, either because of their current circumstances (too many swaps already, not a good time, or just don't want to do it), but it could end up being lots of fun. If you're like me, there are several people on your "gee, I'd like to swap with them list".

So, what do you think? Should we make a go of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006 11:51:35 AM »

Ooooh! My "must-swap-with" list is super long! I think this is a great idea!!

Would it be a "do what you do best" swap? Or "please make me this thing I covet and can't make for myself"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006 11:56:58 AM »

ahem.. you both are on my list!   Cheesy

What if you wanted to partner with someone and they didn't want to partner with you (and it could be for a variety of reasons, i.e. maybe your specialty just doesn't float their boat)? How to handle that gracefully?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006 11:58:01 AM »

This sounds interesting. I doubt I'd be on a desired partner list, but I can think of  few people that I would like to see some stuff from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006 12:00:46 PM »

what if... LOL I'm going to get complicated here.  Stifflersmom, Bloo, hope you don't mind of I use you for examples.

What if I wanted to craft for Stifflersmom.  Stifflersmom really wanted to craft for BlooCanoe.  Could Bloo then craft for me? Or am I just making this way too hard?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006 12:01:05 PM »

What if you wanted to partner with someone and they didn't want to partner with you (and it could be for a variety of reasons, i.e. maybe your specialty just doesn't float their boat)? How to handle that gracefully?

Ah, there's the rub. I think we would all have to just hope that everyone is considerate enough to be civil. You would pm your prospective partner and work things out behind the scenes, so at least there would be no public humiliation!  Wink

I think that it would be sort of like asking someone for a date. You gotta take a risk.

Oh, and bloocanoe, you are on my list as well!  Smiley

As for themes, that's why I posted this here. I haven't quite worked that part out. I like having a theme, but I couldn't think of something right off hand, so I'm open to ideas. I would love it if someone asked for something that I had made with some success. It would make it so easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006 12:05:11 PM »

what if... LOL I'm going to get complicated here.  Stifflersmom, Bloo, hope you don't mind of I use you for examples.

What if I wanted to craft for Stifflersmom.  Stifflersmom really wanted to craft for BlooCanoe.  Could Bloo then craft for me? Or am I just making this way too hard?

I would make it so only partners of two would sign up together. They would have to mutually agree to be partnered before pming the organizer.

The only difficult thing about this is if you really have someone in mind that you would like to partner with, and then someone else asks you and you have a quandary...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006 12:07:38 PM »

I think that it would be sort of like asking someone for a date. You gotta take a risk.
aha... this explains my singleness.  I am risk-averse. 

*heart explodes in chest from happiness*

I can see this getting like high school prom date agony.  "Hi Rackycoo, will you be my swap date? Oh, I see... kiwimonkey already asked you to go to the swap with her... It's okay. I understand... I should have gotten up the courage to ask you earlier..."

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006 12:10:15 PM »

aha... this explains my singleness.  I am risk-averse. 

*heart explodes in chest from happiness*

I can see this getting like high school prom date agony.  "Hi Rackycoo, will you be my swap date? Oh, I see... kiwimonkey already asked you to go to the swap with her... It's okay. I understand... I should have gotten up the courage to ask you earlier..."

Ha, ha. That made me laugh. I suppose we could open the option for people to take more than one partner if they, like me, seem to have tons of crafting time on their hands. OR, we could plan on a second round, and you could tell your second "date" that you will take them on in round two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006 12:11:51 PM »

Quote from: BlooCanoe link=topic=89248.msg842373#msg842373

hehehe that amused me greatly! (Which is actually saying a lot considering I feel like poo today)  

I would make it so only partners of two would sign up together. They would have to mutually agree to be partnered before pming the organizer.

The only difficult thing about this is if you really have someone in mind that you would like to partner with, and then someone else asks you and you have a quandary...
makes sense to only allow pairs.  OTher wise it was get WAY too confusing.
But oooh it might get hard for those of us (like me) who have problems with decision-making. Smiley  (Guess it's time to pull out that quarter to flip)

oooooo I like the idea of allowing someone to have more than one partner. (again, less decisions to be made.... chose them ALL! Roll Eyes)  But really, only you know how much time/money etc.  you have fro crafting.

PS- stifflersmom and bloo  you are both on my list  (i've been stalking you stiff,  but never get my claims in quick enough when I see you in the Ongoing WIsh swaps  Sad  ...or maybe I'm your FOC)
Teapot, you've been busy.  It seems that most every thread I read there's a comment from you on.  I now recogize your avatar more so than my own Smiley
And Racky, I hear wonderful things about you everywhere... I think I'm going to go stalk you right now.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006 12:19:17 PM by Kiwimonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set Shutter Priority (Tv) Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Image Quality/Resolution Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Program Mode (P)
Canon XSi/450D: Set Mirror Lockup
Canon XSi/450D: Set Manual Mode (M)
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...