A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spring Cleaning: Trade Craft Supplies INSTA-SWAP (signup 4/10-4/16, send by 4/24  (Read 7920 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Oops Creations
« on: April 10, 2006 10:59:56 AM »

Swap name: SPRING CLEANING—Trade Craft Supplies INSTA-SWAP
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Oops Creations
Sign-up date range: 4/10/06-4/16/06
Date to send item by: 4/24/06

Details of swap:

Spring has sprung and that means spring cleaning.  I know for one I've found tons of great crafty supplies I was "hording" over the winter.  I think I tried to be prepared in case I needed to entertain myself if I got snowed in. Does any one else has a bunch of crafty supplies that you want to trade? How about a INSTA-SWAP   

The United States Postal Service has a FLAT RATE BOX via Priority Mail-- as much as you can stuff in a box for like $8.10 plus cost of delivery confirmation.  I think that would be the best bet-- if we have international interest I would suggest a similar postage cost range, it would be a smaller box.  BE SURE to request the FLAT RATE box or you'd be charged by weight.

So Fill those FLAT RATE Boxes full of new or gently used crafty odds and ends and send them out.  Lets not get into the specifics of what you have and what you want--- you should be a surprised when you open your box.  I do suggest that partners “post-stalk” to make sure you are not sending embroidery floss to someone that only crochets.

Partners and who has (Sent) or (Recvd)

Oops Creations (Sent) => Teapotdnky (Recvd)
Teapotdnky (Sent) => Spunkkygirl (Recvd)
Spunkkygirl (Sent)  => Goldfishgirl (Recvd)
Goldfishgirl  (Sent)  => Aytchjay (Recvd)
Aytchjay (Sent)  => Jennickell (Recvd)
Jennickell (Sent)=> Tenika (Recvd)
Tenika (Sent) => EmilyFlew (Recvd)
EmilyFlew(Sent)  => Oops Creations (Recvd)

Qbmaya (Sent)=> Writer78 (Recvd)
Writer78 (Sent)=> Dabba (Recvd)
Dabba(Sent)=> PenGwend (Recvd)
PenGwend (Sent)=> TessTessi (Recvd)
TessTessi (Sent)=> Knichole (Recvd)
Knichole(Sent)=> xdefxxtones (Recvd)
Xdefxxtones has officially flaked=> heroinechic will be recieving a swap angel pkg from Dabba  Grin
Heroinechic (Sent) =>Qbmaya
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006 06:01:38 AM by Oops Creations » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
Oops Creations
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006 11:00:49 AM »

Link goes to original thread in "New Swap Ideas" folder
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=88629.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
Writer78
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006 11:12:08 AM »

forgive my dumbness, but - if you want to buy a flat rate box, does that mean you bring your stuff to the post office and pack it up there and then pay/ship?  or can you buy the postage-paid box, bring it home, fill it, and chuck it in the mail?  How do you get a DC#, if it's the latter?   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oops Creations
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006 11:50:55 AM »

To clarify (at least this is true at my post-office)

Post Offices have the stack of priority-mail and express mail boxes in one area of the post-office lobby.  This is where the FLAT-RATE boxes (via Priority Mail) are, they have a Large Red Sticker that says FLAT-RATE BOX on them.  These boxes (like express mail and prority mail boxes) are free for the taking-- I usually keep a stash at home.

If you can't find it in the lobby of your local post-office, inquire with the staff.  The would be happy to assist you.  When you are ready to send just purchase Delivery Confirmation as usual.

I'm suggesting the FLAT-RATE box to cut down on postage while maximizing the amount of stuff we can swap.  If you have problems please feel free to PM me and we can discuss options on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fill a Box is Back
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006 11:57:40 AM »

since the postage rates went up the flat rate boxes are now $8.10 a box and they come in 2 sizes
this is what the usps site says...
Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes
Available in two sizes:
Box One: 11-7/8 x 3-3/8 x 13-5/8 inches (ideal for garments, board games, books and other relatively thin items).
Box Two: 11 x 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches (perfect for shoes, model cars and taller items).
Rate is $8.10, regardless of weight or destination for items mailed in the Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes provided by the Postal Service.

but enough of that

i think i may join in with this
i need to do some spring cleaning of my craft corner
i just dont know that after getting rid of stuff that i need anymore stuff
haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spunkkygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006 02:20:25 PM »

I signed up I am soooo excited  Grin  I will get my flat rate box soon and start cleaning!  and if my partner doesn't want to stalk me or look around.... I will take anything BUT I don't scrapbook!  Otherwise anything goes.  I mean anything, I think I have ADD and can't stick to one craft at a time, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk.  That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.- Ernest Hemingway
Writer78
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006 03:53:17 PM »

I signed up I am soooo excited  Grin  I will get my flat rate box soon and start cleaning!  and if my partner doesn't want to stalk me or look around.... I will take anything BUT I don't scrapbook!  Otherwise anything goes.  I mean anything, I think I have ADD and can't stick to one craft at a time, lol.

I'm in, too!!  Can't resist these supply swaps!

Same as above goes for me - feel free to craft stalk me if you wish.  (I post like crazy, so I'll understand if you don't want to dig through my huge stack o' posts!)  I'll try any craft, and I'm all about happily taking any hand-me-downs that you want to, well, hand down!  The only supplies that would be wasted on me would be yarn and jewelry findings.  I'll sort through the box I receive, and anything I don't use, I'll put on freecycle - there's always a quick and efficient taker on there ready to give craft items a home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pikabean
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006 06:42:22 PM »

this would be good motivation to spring clean... which I really need to do... I'll keep my eye on it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xdefxxtones
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006 10:46:39 AM »

How do you sign up?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006 05:23:03 AM »

hmm, I haven't made it onto the "approved" list - Oops Creations, am I OK to join?  Can resend info if needed - just want to make sure I don't miss out!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Winnie the Pooh
How to Draw Betty Boop
How to Sketch Nemo
How to Draw Tom And Jerry
How to Sketch Squidward
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...