A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitted Me a Couple Eggs  (Read 1863 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aoifecmcc
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006 03:17:43 PM »

aww this pattern is really good! i just knit one this evening, but my camera is out of action at the mo  Sad i put a little kinder surprise plastic container inside the egg and stufferd around it, with rice inside the plastic thingy it so it rattles, but i want to make a pew more, maybe with a bell, a squeaky thing and something crinkly inside so they are all different. my cat will be very pleased! Cheesy ill post pictures on my page (link in signature) when i take some photos. thanks for the pattern link Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KnitterMa
Hey, Nice Veins.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006 05:09:35 AM »

thanks so much! I went out and bought needles cuz i've never knit on dpns. and I ran into a problem. I really have no idea how  Undecided  if anybody has instructions or a video that would be amazingly great! teehee i need to learn how to increase too.  Roll Eyes
There's a video here on DPNs.  This pattern is not easy to do with metal DPNs, I suggest using bamboo (I have to sit at my table every time I'm knitting this pattern to support the needles and keep them from sliding out  Undecided). 

Also, increase st options can be found here and I used the method found here.  This is a good project for praciticing increase techniques.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandalol219
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006 05:45:52 PM »

thanks for the links! the knitting on dpns is still so hard for me. i hope it clicks like knitting on straight ones did. then i could actually get them done by Easter.

Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
KnitterMa
Hey, Nice Veins.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006 07:27:40 PM »

It'll click.  When I first started working with DPNs it felt the same to my brain as doing a hard math problem.  They really grow on you though.  I just finished this project for my son that totally should have been written up on DPNs rather than knitted flat - and I was cursing ...  the ... damned ... seaming ... all  ... day... long!  DPNs are much better.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Your First Movie
How to Make a Storyboard
How to Make a Music Video
How to Produce Videos on a Budget
How to Write the Perfect Holiday Movie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...