I know this thread is pretty quiet, but I'll post anyway. My wedding-to-be is on October 21, 2017
. It's going to be an Oktoberfest and craft beer themed
wedding! We both are keen craft beer drinkers (and craft beer bloggers), we love themed parties, and I'm of German background, so it works for us. Plus, the original Oktoberfest was a party put on for a royal wedding. We hope our guests will have a blast.
We've already got a venue, a local German club, with food to be made by the Ladies Auxiliary, and a band, which is a wedding cover band who also does Oktoberfest hits, and will play in lederhosen.
The venue at a Christmas bazaar:The DIY List:
- colourful fabric or paper bunting for hanging (if the Germania Club doesn't already have some nice ones - we're going to their Oktoberfest this year to scope it out!)
- "Wilkommen" sign - cut-out paper letters
- chalkboard signs in frames - a Bar one, a seating chart one, and... another one? (I have 3 frames)
- table numbers (written out numbers in German, on... something)
- brown beer bottle, growler, and flower centrepieces
- bouquets & boutonnieres (weekend of) DIY-ish
- pick colours! Something like sage green, maroon, gold,... but where will my hoped-for purple jewellery fit in?
- figure out how to incorporate steins
- figure out whether to make a guestbook of some sort
- plan invitation and save-the-date (if using?) layout for my graphic designer sister to create awesome paper goods