A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 217658 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

o0prittyrthany0o
OMG SO MUCH FUN!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: April 10, 2010 02:55:41 PM »

Ok, so I have a FEW pictures.
Here is my list again, with edits.
Centerpieces
Embroider handkerchief(its complicated lol)
Bouquet ribbon
Guest book
I Spy Cards &Cameras for little kids
Programs
Table Numbers
Chuppah
Bridesmaids gifts
Flower girl gifts
Garter
veil
ring pillow
Flower girl basket
Memory tree for lost loved ones
aisle runner
guest book
after party invites, and sashes for wedding party
This is my (incomplete?) veil. Its a cathedral length, and at the moment is completely plain. I have not yet decided whether to add any embellishments, though I was considering lace from my grandmothers dress which I have.

And this is a picture of my mock-up guest sign in table. I created the memory tree from two fallen branches outside (thanks unseasonal winds) and a lot of pearl christmas garlands in a beautiful red vase my grandmother happened to have. I am putting lockets with both my and my fiances grandparents wedding photos on the tree as well hung with purple velvet ribbon. It should be tres elegante!
The guest book is a black paged spiral bound scrapbook. I found a beautiful chipboard piece that says wedding memories and superglued it to the front. On the inside, since there are more pages than I have guests, I will add my save the date, invitation, program, and some pictures of my fiance and I. The black pages are great, because I bought metallic gel pens for people to write in it with. It should be spectacular!

This is just some more pictures of the wholesetup. Incidentally, that candlestick is my grandmothers, and is silver and was her mothers and was given to my grandmother as a wedding present. It will be at my wedding, with its other.

We are having an afterparty pub crawl at a bar near the reception, so here is the invite, and the back has a map
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010 07:14:25 PM by o0prittyrthany0o » THIS ROCKS   Logged
o0prittyrthany0o
OMG SO MUCH FUN!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1751 on: May 22, 2010 08:00:27 AM »

Hey guys! I hope this helps someone! I am making my own aisle runner monogram, and monogramming the tablecloth for my cake table. I made my monogram in paint, and then I used http://www.blockposter.com to blow it up. I had to trace it and color it in, but the stencil came out pretty great. Pics to follow. For now, here is the monogram I designed!

It will be painted in the colors you see here, but I colored it with black and red so it stands out a little more for tracing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
davidsdesire
« Reply #1752 on: May 27, 2010 06:39:23 PM »

wow!  you guys have really kept this thread alive.

I'm not the craftiest kid on the block but I will be making (for our Ren Faire wedding next April)

guest book
tartan sashes for family members
an altered book ring 'pillow'--yeah, i stole the idea...an i'm keepin it!
cd favors

I can't think of anything else but I'm sure other things will come along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenStockings
« Reply #1753 on: June 18, 2010 05:43:16 PM »

Just because I like to freak myself out, here's the list of things I'm supposed to have done by September 5th:

- Save The Dates Sent back in April, but I wasn't super pleased with them... wrong paper choice?  bad graphic?  they looked great on screen, but once printed they were kinda ugly.  Ah well.
- INVITATIONS Done and sent!
- Bride's DRESS, including overdress, -underdress- STARTED, and bloomers DONE
- Groom's KILT and TUNIC
- Bride's and Bride'sMaids BOUQUETS (group craft project with bridesmaids)
- CUPCAKE STAND (Dad's working on this, and it's actually for 2 bite brownies!)
- Ring warming RING HOLDER - a pillow or baggie, or something STARTED
- Basset hound STEED'S TABARD
- FAVOURS, which are 250ml Mason Jars filled with stuff and with pretty fabric tops - STARTED
- SIGNAGE for the bar, bathrooms, food tables, etc.
- Ceremony PROGRAMS
- Quilt squares for the GUEST BOOK QUILT
- Small TABLE for the ceremony stuff (being made by wood-worker hubby-to-be)
- Painting blue glass WINE BOTTLE water stations
- FOOD including salad, croutons, punch, etc.

Ahhhh... I hope someone else is still reading this thread to commiserate with me!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010 03:59:32 PM by GreenStockings » THIS ROCKS   Logged
shadesofblades
« Reply #1754 on: June 21, 2010 05:03:47 AM »

Thought I would jump on the bandwagon too, so here is my list, I'm starting small here.

Save the date cards (done and sent, received with a few, "hey this is pretty"s Cheesy )
Invites (kinda decided on how i'm doing it... that's a start, right?)
Button holes x8
Corsages x5
Bridesmaid gifts
Groomsmen gifts
Centrepieces
Table numbers/placecards/whatever I decide on
Bridesmaid hairpieces
my hairpiece or birdcage veil
guestbook
photo display thingee (parents and grandparents wedding photos)

List likely to be amended as I go.
Hope everyone else's crafting is going well!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010 05:05:57 AM by shadesofblades » THIS ROCKS   Logged
davidsdesire
« Reply #1755 on: June 28, 2010 04:20:13 AM »

Just because I like to freak myself out, here's the list of things I'm supposed to have done by September 5th:

Ahhhh... I hope someone else is still reading this thread to commiserate with me!

ok, I will.  Holy smokes, that is a LOT to get done!  You go, girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leann2800
« Reply #1756 on: August 03, 2010 11:28:43 AM »

I just started planning my wedding. I haven't even decided what to make yet. There are so many ideas out there.

So far, I know what cakes I want and my best friend and I will make them. I plan on making the invitations as well. I am not sure how to decorate yet. But, the dress I like is goddess style and the cake is Grecian. So, I think grapes or olives or golden apples. But, I just wanted you guys to know I was reading your post and commiserating with you and crafting along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blissfubutt
« Reply #1757 on: December 27, 2012 10:08:58 AM »

wedding date 05-10-15

save the dates

invitations

bouquets

centerpieces

'photo booth'

favors

guest book

random games/activitys

random decorations like slate signs w/ cute sayings (I got a whole lot of slate really freaking cheap)

and idk what else yet I'm still deciding on what we're having let alone what I'm making
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elyssia
« Reply #1758 on: February 25, 2013 04:17:42 PM »

Hi everyone, I've been engaged for a couple of years now and decided to start putting the gears in motion for an actual wedding. No date set yet, but aiming for next year, probably in the summertime if we can. In typical Elyssian fashion, I'm planning the small details (read: things I can craft!) instead of concentrating on the scary big things like booking a venue  Roll Eyes I'm aiming to get anything I can make out of the way early without an actual deadline which would just make me panic, that's my logic anyway. Anyway, without further rambling, this is what I can think of so far...

Save the Date cards
Invitations
Seating chart/table names/place settings
Bunting to hang over the candy buffet
Personalised tags to put on the favour boxes/bags (by giving each guest one bag/box to fill at the candy table, I'm hoping to avoid a feeding frenzy)
Fabric flowers for table centrepieces
Decorate some little jam jars with lace to hold tealights in
Cupcakes
Cake topper

This is all I have so far, sure I'll end up adding to it as time goes on though! Loving seeing everyone else's crafts, you're all so talented  Cheesy Hope the things I make turn out as nice
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftermath - noun - The resulting and overwhelming mess that is left lying about after a full session of creative pursuits

'To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.'

"A day without chocolate is not worth living" - Michel Roux Jr., 2 Michelin stars Smiley
Elyssia
« Reply #1759 on: February 25, 2013 04:20:05 PM »

Oh, I've just realised how long ago most of these posts were  Embarrassed is there no-one planning weddings that can join in again? Don't want to be here talkin' to myself  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftermath - noun - The resulting and overwhelming mess that is left lying about after a full session of creative pursuits

'To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.'

"A day without chocolate is not worth living" - Michel Roux Jr., 2 Michelin stars Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sports Betting Tips
How to Play Blackjack
Understanding Craps Terminology
Basketball Handicapping Bets
Learn to Play Craps
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...