A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 217698 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunnydays914
« Reply #1640 on: May 01, 2009 03:32:20 PM »

Kster, my one year anniversary (!) is coming up in a little over 2 weeks and we still haven't finished editing our photos  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 01, 2009 05:33:16 PM »

Kster, my one year anniversary (!) is coming up in a little over 2 weeks and we still haven't finished editing our photos  Cheesy

Oh my gosh. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
thekster
« Reply #1642 on: May 02, 2009 05:59:39 PM »

Wow, that's insane, Sunny! I'm hoping I'll get one set back soon. My friend put them all on a cd but we never have time to see each other except at her work and she forgets to bring it. *shrugs* I really need to get some soon so I can send out my thank yous  Shocked I'm so bad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1643 on: May 03, 2009 02:57:20 PM »

My Wedding is May 31st 2009. I pretty much planned on doing as much of it as I could. If I could sew better I would have made my own dress but I opted to buy one online.  Smiley

I'm doing:
invitations - done
favors
Bouquets
outdoor decor - done
centerpieces - not 100% sure on what I want

I still have so much to do and I'm glad I have craftster for inspiration because I think my brain is on overload with all the planning.  Smiley

My cake person cancelled on me today.  Sad  My wedding is in less than a month and she thinks she gave me plenty of notice for cancelling?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnydays914
« Reply #1644 on: May 03, 2009 05:51:43 PM »

arcadian, my cake person canceled the Monday (5 days) before the wedding! It's crazy how much time they think you need.
Let us know if you need any help! May 31 is coming soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heyitzme37
« Reply #1645 on: May 04, 2009 08:40:26 AM »

Arcadian that is really awful about your cake person cancelling on you.  If you have trouble finding someone else then make cupcakes!  They are really easy to do yourself and much easier to work with than a big cake.  You can frost them and even just put a flower on each or some fancy sprinkles for that matter.  Good luck and congrats!  I have to wait until July 18th for my day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hardyjenni
« Reply #1646 on: May 04, 2009 09:11:00 PM »

arcadian green:
That's horrible about the cake.  Where are you having the wedding?  I used to work in the bakery industry, and depending on where you are, might be able to suggest someone...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I try to be crafty in the kitchen! Visit my budget cooking page!

http://tinyurl.com/STLmeals
hardyjenni
« Reply #1647 on: May 05, 2009 03:13:41 PM »

Okay, I need opinions, please!!! My FH doesn't like the wax seals for the back of envelope, nor does he like the foil stickers.  So, I'm left to design a sticker that he does like.  I've made two prototypes.  One has the letter P cut with the sissix and made into a sticker to be placed on the main sticker (confusing, I know!).   I stamped the P on the second one.  But I did a horrible job, so you kind of have to pretend the letter is straight and centered. Smiley
The sissix P: 

The stamped P:

Also, I made a prototype of the boutinneirre (I probably just butchered the spelling  Tongue).  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  If anyone has any suggestions on what to do to it or add to it, please, please, please let me know.  Thanks  Grin

I finished my $0.80 garter this weekend.  The charm is from an old earring (I lost the mate to it many years ago).

Whew!  That was a long post!  Sorry about that!
And although it is not crafty, here's a pic of my engagement ring.  I love it!  It's my birthstone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I try to be crafty in the kitchen! Visit my budget cooking page!

http://tinyurl.com/STLmeals
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 05, 2009 03:20:34 PM »

I'd have to see your invites to give input on the seal.  Have you posted them here already?  If so, could you link me to them, please?

The bout is cute!  I'm not totally in love with the proportions of it.  My eye naturally went to the bottom/ribbon portion rather than the beautiful beading at the top.  I'd like to see less wrapping and more stem/flair at the top.  Obviously I'm partial to these, though Cheesy http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=190980.0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009 03:21:07 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1649 on: May 05, 2009 05:29:15 PM »

Well I'm not sure what the circumstances for cancelling on me were but the girl who was going to do my cake thought she was giving me plenty of time. I actually was planning to do a cupcake tier with a small cake on top...to save money.  Smiley  I would do it myself but I don't have a lot of time off before the wedding to make my own cupcakes/cake.  Luckily I posted an ad online and I have already had several responses so that will be less stress.

hardyjenni, I like your engagement ring and your garter.  Did you make the garter yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sneak Peek: Birchbox June 2013
Susan Sarandon Gets Incredibly Candid About Aging in Hollywood
Skin Care Tips For Oily Skin
Upgrade Your Beauty Bag for $15 or Less
Legendary Colorist Christophe Robin Gets Frank About Cannes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...