A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 227013 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HeartOn
« Reply #1620 on: March 29, 2009 03:40:21 PM »

I feel like I have made some good progress in recent weeks!
Dress is almost done, fascinators for maid of honor and I are finished, my shoes are painted and embellished, my shrug is half knit, very simple bouquets are together and wrapped.

I will try to take some photos soon.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1621 on: April 05, 2009 02:24:18 AM »

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong place. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009 02:24:54 AM by SewMamaLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
Volcanogrrl
« Reply #1622 on: April 09, 2009 09:16:48 PM »

Update.  Firstly -- gads what a big blabbermouth!  Ah, wedding excitement.  Smiley  Okay, now on to the original list:
  • Save the date cards (we're getting the photos this weekend and I already made a mock-up)
    Invitations (AAAAAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!)
  • flower cones -- the day of the wedding we'll just plop a bunch of wildflowers in cones for us lady-folk.  Thought that'd be easier than making bouquets?  other ideas? Nevermind.  I've enlisted a bridesmaids' daughter to put the bouquets together.  She's 11.  These will rock.
  • flower baskets -- from goodwill or whatever, to put more flowers in.
  • bathroom baskets -- no running water up at the cabin, but the outhouses are nice.  baskets will hold: battery-operated lanterns, nice hand sanitizer, lotion, bug spray, t.p., hand mirror, bandaids, tampons and pads, air freshener.  Can you think of anything else to put in there?

• candles -- no electricity to where we're holding the actual ceremony and reception
  • Little laminated "reserved" placards to put at each reserved campsite
  • playlist -- we'll have a generator and whatnot so we can "rock out"
(mostly done)
  • programs
  • kids' games -- ideas? 
  Pinata, those genius heart-shaped melty crayons, coloring pages, baby-sitters.
  • driftwood signs
  • groom's survival package -- i saw some great ideas in other threads and love this idea!
  • parent gifts
  • picnic baskets -- nice picnic baskets with some extra little things in there for the ladies in the wedding party. 
  • "ringbearer" pillow or something -- one of my dogs will be the ring-bearer. 
  • little bandana thingies for the dogs, in our colors
  • doggy-favors -- a little bag with treats and poop bags for the dogs and their peeps
  • people favors -- i wanted to give out little LED headlamps.  I've found them for as cheap as $2.00 each, but if you see any for cheaper, let me know! this will be a "make your own GORP bar" with baggies and lots of fun fancy GORP fixin's.
  • thank you cards -- seriously, i'll be getting these going BEFORE the event!
  • my dress -- I'm debating whether to recycle my first wedding dress (i'm too tight to be superstitious) or buy something simple. purchased, Just need to alter it. [/s]
    • care packages for the cabins -- the women will be getting ready in one cabin and the men will be in another.  I thought I'd stock each cabin with some necessities -- advil, nail polish, breathmints, eye drops, a bit of cash, some cookies, maybe a little flask of something to sip, wet wipes, etc??
    • the "honeymoon tent" decorations -- we'll set up a big hunting tent in the woods, and move a bed into it and set it up all fancy-schmancy. 
    • menu cards -- just a list of what's on the menu.  We're having a "bbq" station with a big ol' bbq and a "dutch oven" station where my amazing friend will be cooking some dutch oven goodness.  (Think "CeeDub") here's a pic of some random guy with a stack of dutch ovens, so you know what I'm talking about:  http://www.dream-adventures.com/images/do_stack.jpg
    • The cake -- stacks and stacks of chocolate-dipped s'mores.
    • Scavenger hunt -- between the ceremony and eating, we're having a scavenger hunt.  Good way to mix up the folks and get them talking.  Smiley  We'll go off and do a few "formal pictures" at that time. 
    • Fun Run costume.  my friend is organizing a 5 mile run/walk/lollygag in the morning.  Lots of runners and walkers in the group. 

[/list]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inlovewithblue
« Reply #1623 on: April 15, 2009 09:06:50 AM »

Ok, I'm in - aiming for our September 12/09 wedding date:

Here is the list:
-Wreaths for cabin doors
-Invitations (print & assembly to go!)
-Direction signs
-Apple guest tags
-Camp packages per cabin
-Welcome sign
-Fascinator
-Cupcake Toppers
-Wedding Programs
-Photo Gallery

That's it for so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeartOn
« Reply #1624 on: April 17, 2009 10:28:59 AM »

OK! Photos!

Very simple bouquets for the maid of honor and myself:

And the brooch my gramps gave my gram when he wanted to start 'courting' her on mine:

Shrug for me (still have to make one for my maid of honor):
back:
front:
close up:

Recon'd shoes (painted, embellished and so wonderfully comfortable):

My fascinator (maid of honor has hers so I can't take a photo of it):

Still to complete:
-shrug and dress for maid of honor
-flower lights
-cupcake stands
-cake topper
-centrepieces
-candles for favours and tables
-embroidered hankies for immediate family members
-guestbook
-something to go behind the head table (no idea what yet)
-other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1625 on: April 22, 2009 06:24:30 PM »

I really dig your fascinator, HeartOn--such a unique touch!
I personally have been really really remiss on my wedding crafting--I did decide on a dress, and got cute white shoes (the bargain fiend in me couldn't resist--they were only $5 at payless! what a steal--esp since I only plan on wearing them once!)

The big snafu that we've run into is that our wedding planner sent us an e-mail today saying that we can't have our ceremony on the day and place we've been planning on for, oh, the past 9 months or so. Some issue with cruise ships and other excuses (despite the fact that from a quick look at other wedding forums I now see someone else is/was also booked for that date and area), but he basically ended the e-mail saying he re-booked the location for a different date (three days earlier, on a weekday) for us.
Is it just me, or is it a bit of poor form as a wedding coordinator to e-mail the bride and groom a MONTH before the wedding and tell them you're planning to change their wedding date--for a destination wedding that multiple family members have booked plane tickets for?
Anyway, we're trying to work through it and figure out a solution that's going to work for us, but needless to say I'm frustrated--mostly because we decided to spend the chunk of money on a wedding coordinator to save stress (this upcoming month is really busy...finishing up medical school, graduating, doing a ton of paperwork--I really don't have the kind of time I'd need for full-time wedding planning) and now I feel like he's not being responsible or upfront with us. AAAAAA!
Sorry for the long post, I just feel like I needed to vent some of my frustration to folks who might understand where I'm coming from...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
thekster
« Reply #1626 on: April 22, 2009 08:08:48 PM »

Oh no, Synne! That's horrible for that to happen, and horrible for him to tell you via email. Was this the wedding coordinator or the person in charge of your location? I really hope everything ends up working for y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 22, 2009 10:18:39 PM »

Oooh...Synne. Sad  I hope it all works out soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeartOn
« Reply #1628 on: April 23, 2009 02:45:28 PM »

Yikes! That is totally unprofessional and unreasonable of your wedding planner to just change the location AND date without even consulting you first. The coordinator should be the one who has to scramble around and correct the mistake. I really hope it all works out for you without too much frustration to the next few weeks!

Thanks for the fascinator comment, also! I made about 4 before I came to this one, but I'm happy with how it turned out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hardyjenni
« Reply #1629 on: April 25, 2009 04:01:30 PM »

So, the boy and I got engaged 4 weeks ago.  We're not getting married until Aug 14, 2010, but we're moving in a few months.  Since we're getting married at a venue near where we currently live, I want to try to get as much done as possible before moving.  We're pretty poor right now, so no wedding planner and a lot of stuff is being done on a tight budget!  But that's what craftiness is for  Smiley  So far, I've only completed two projects, and my list keeps growing.  The projects I'm currently planning on doing are:

TO DO:
Save the dates
Invites and RSVPs
Programs
Centerpieces
Hankies for the mothers and grandmothers
Something for the dads (I don't know what, though)
A cupcake stand
Cupcakes and cakeballs
Ring bearer pillow
beaded bouquets for bridesmaids and self
beaded boutonnieres
beaded corsages
Guest "book" (we're having a wish bowl)
favors (undecided on these)
Gifts for bridesmaids
gift for groom
baskets for restrooms

DONE:
A cake topper (we're having one small tier for the cake cutting part of the reception--see photo below)
The wires at the bottom stick into the tier.  I tested it out on a loaf of bread and it worked great!

flower girl basket (got an 80 cent lime green basket after Easter and painted it white.  I've included before photos just so you can see the green.  And the photo doesn't do the color justice.  It was MUCH brighter!)
before:

after:

close-up of the beads:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I try to be crafty in the kitchen! Visit my budget cooking page!

http://tinyurl.com/STLmeals
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Plates
How to Make Vases
Glass Blowing in Red Hook, Brooklyn
Yarn Resources
Choosing the Perfect Yarn
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...