A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
774 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 216836 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunnydays914
« Reply #1580 on: February 10, 2009 07:52:36 PM »

B! B!
Although, now that I look at the photos again, I really like the potential that C has... I'm not sure for what, but it could be really cool. I might be too hot and stuffy for an oceanside ceremony.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlueEyedMonster
« Reply #1581 on: February 16, 2009 06:18:50 PM »

Grin I am newly engaged Feb.6/09 and can't wait to start crafting stuff!!!

Love this website and all the creative people on it

Martha Stewart Weddings and Craftster are my new favorite everyday websites!

Will post soon ..... about crafting list

J
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dellastella

the crafter formerly known as avsceriline

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1582 on: February 17, 2009 05:27:50 AM »

We got married in Aug of '08, and I totally dropped the ball on posting our DIY projects on Craftster. I'm trying to redeem myself... just posted a tutorial for easy and inexpensive fan programs. Hope someone finds it useful!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog  |  flickr  |  wists  |  pinterest
HeartOn
« Reply #1583 on: February 21, 2009 10:37:17 AM »

My dress is almost finished!

I took it home when I visited my parents to get some mom and auntie help with fitting and am so, so pleased with the results!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #1584 on: February 21, 2009 10:58:53 AM »

Stunning!! I sold couture wedding dresses for sometime and it was always heart wrenching to have a bride that did not have the body for a mermaid style dress chose one. Your figure is perfect for the cut and you are going to be a gorgeous bride. Well done. The color is perfect for you as well, you must keep us posted with the final pictures.

Kudos on the proper undergarments as well if I might say so. Nothing sadder than a happy bride with sad breast on her wedding day.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009 11:01:45 AM by Tero » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
HeartOn
« Reply #1585 on: February 21, 2009 11:12:29 AM »

Ha! I still have to work out some undergarment issues (as evidenced by the visible bra strap), but it's pretty close.
Thanks so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 21, 2009 11:19:45 AM »

It fits you wonderfully!  The color is stunning on you as well.  Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
dellastella

the crafter formerly known as avsceriline

« Reply #1587 on: February 21, 2009 12:35:49 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog  |  flickr  |  wists  |  pinterest
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1588 on: February 22, 2009 06:24:58 AM »

HeartOn, it's beautiful, and suits you perfectly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
heyitzme37
« Reply #1589 on: February 23, 2009 01:04:08 PM »

Okay, I guess I need to join this list.  We got engaged just after Christmas and our wedding will be July 18, 2009 in our hometown.  We rented a refurbished barn that is part of the parks system for the ceremony and reception.  It's really pretty and outside of town so we can have everything open and won't have a lot of town commotion to distract us.  We will only have about 50 guests, all family and working with a small budget.  Here's what we have planned and the few crafty items I'm making.  Oh and did I mention that I'm marrying the guy I had a huge crush on in high school.  It's so great!  I can't wait!

Ceremony
- One of my relatives is a minister so he's agreed to marry us and is donating his time since we are family.  We will put the ceremony together ourselves since it's not in a church or anything there is no decorating involved.  Just set up the chairs.  There is a wall of really cool murals in the barn. The photos below are taken from the park website. 

Reception
- Red checked table covers tied at corners with white lace ribbon left over from invites

- White lace placemats

- Red plates (purchased at WalMart at Valentine's day for $1 a pack - bought 2 different sizes enough for 80 and only spent $8 - what a deal)

- Blue/green glass jars for M&Ms (got Valentine's Day ones on clearance), Skittles and either mints or nuts for each set of tables (purchased at Old Time Pottery - love that place - 50 cents each for small jars and only $1 each for the tall ones - spent $9 - another great deal)

- Flower centerpieces - Finally decided the flowers for the table are wild daisies in small terra cotta pots.  Already have the flowers.  Just need to get the pots and everything else to put them together.

- Also having buckeye nuts scattered on the tables.  It's a surprise for my fiance who is a huge Ohio State football fan and thought this would be a cool way to bring that in without it staring you in the face.

- Invites - handmade by me and done - will post pics as soon as I take them

- Guest book - currently in process.  Making scrapbook pages and asking our guests to bring a picture of them with one of us or of their family and add it to the book along with a note.  I have the scrapbook paper mounted to the chipboard and now get to have the fun of embellishing each page.  This is my most expensive project.

Other Stuff
- Have my dress shown below.  Please ignore the so-so picture.  Changed what I'm wearing.  Here is a picture of me and my daughter in our dresses.  This is without all the finishing touches like shoes, jewelry, make up, hair.  I'll carry some red flowers for a pop of color and probably have my daughter carry a red and white bouquet. Will have to see what I can find.

- Wedding bands - already purchased and put safely away.  Ended up not being able to find a band to go with my engagement ring so I'll wear it on a different finger and we got matching wedding bands.

Now for the fun things we are doing.

- Food - pizza from the local pizza shop which is my fiance's favorite pizza.  It's going to be a riot to have the pizza delivery guy show up with the food.  Everyone will love it since they are all pizza fanatics.  Plus we plan on having a salad and a brand of potato chips that is also local and a favorite of both families.

- I'm going to ask family members to make pies instead of doing a cake.  We are having a "pie"  reception - get it - pizza pie, pie for dessert.   Smiley

- Music - still undecided on what I want to do for walking up the aisle.  I do know though that after we are pronounced man and wife I want the Ohio State fight song to play.  It's to be a surprise for my fiance and again, everyone will get a kick out of it.

Wow!  Didn't think the post would be this long but that's everything in a nut shell.....or should I say Buckeye nut shell!  I'll post other pictures as I get them.  Comments and/or suggestions appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009 08:06:03 AM by heyitzme37 - Reason: Updated information and dress » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sam Rollinson - Model Profile - Interview & Runway
Why Do People Wear Makeup?
Get Marilyn Monroe’s Winged Eyeliner
SELF Magazine’s 2014 Healthy Beauty Award Winners
How to Apply Blush
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...