A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 213593 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 01, 2008 07:52:07 PM »

hehe... congrats!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1521 on: October 02, 2008 09:16:36 AM »

If I had to do it again, I would get married in front of my immediate family, best friends and hubby's family, in a small ceremony with a JP, and then have a HUGE ASS PARTY.

Never again will I do THAT again >_________>

Ugh, i know the feeling.  Over a month later and i'm STILL wiped out from our wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: October 02, 2008 10:19:39 AM »

If I had to do it again, I would get married in front of my immediate family, best friends and hubby's family, in a small ceremony with a JP, and then have a HUGE ASS PARTY.

Never again will I do THAT again >_________>

Ugh, i know the feeling.  Over a month later and i'm STILL wiped out from our wedding.

Over a year later and I'm STILL wiped out...

K, maybe that's a little excessive. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #1523 on: October 03, 2008 08:48:12 AM »

Hah!  I hope to get over the exhaustion any time now... I sorted through all of the "stuff" when we got home and put it into three categories: "goodwill", "keep", and "sell" and I keep telling myself to get on it and put the "sell" stuff on craigslist or ebay, already, but I'm just... so... tired....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

« Reply #1524 on: October 03, 2008 08:14:12 PM »

Oh you poor dears!

I had 25 adults and 2 kids including my husband and I. A garden ceremony with no additional decorations except what nature provided and a restaurant buffet reception with no caterers, decorations, centrepieces or anything. I still got to craft most of my wedding and we didn't spend a fortune or invite a bunch of people we didn't totally love and really want there. It was probably the best wedding I could have imagined and the ceremony was over in 5 minutes (we both hate being up in front of people like that).

It would not have suited everyone but it was our perfect day. That's all we can really hope for right? Even after the exhaustion and the emotions, as long as you had the day you wanted that's all that counts.

And the most important part is that you married the man of your dreams in front of your loved ones and now you have him forever  Cheesy.

Come to think of it, is that part of the exhaustion??  Wink Shocked Tongue
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008 08:14:42 PM by eternallyeve » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
star_inmypocket
« Reply #1525 on: October 04, 2008 11:57:17 PM »

I think I have finally reached the point where I just want the wedding to be over! (I still have 3 months - getting married Jan.. 3rd).

The tasks aren't so daunting as family drama! Anyone else havin issues? It seems like wedding always bring drama (especially if your not paying for your own wedding, I think).

Maybe I am being pessimistic because I am pmsing, just had some drama with my future MIL, and the willow branches I ordered turned out to be crappy stems (not branches) and now I have to return them! Blah!

I don't have too much left to do though.

Labeled all my envelopes, invitations are half-way assembled, the rest is being printed
Still have to do maps (I am starting to think it is pointless in this day and age of mapquest)
Almost done with the favors (pencils we had to tie in a knot and labeled our names and wedding day - 1/3 aren't labeled)
I have all the vases, marbles, and candles
Just ordered new willow branches
Need to buy centerpiece mirrors
Print monograms for the vases

When it gets closer I will:
create and print programs
Creat and print menus
buy ribbon...  I guess that doesn't have to wait

I have decided to go back to my original idea of doing my own flowers

I hope everyone else's planning is going smoothly! I am almost believing that eloping would be better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination? -Jung

http://LuluMcCleary.etsy.com
http://thelifeoflulubelle.wordpress.com
http://pinterest.com/lulumccleary/
thekster
« Reply #1526 on: October 07, 2008 09:48:58 AM »

Star, I've still got somewhere around 5 months and I'm at that point too! Smiley Hope the drama with your husband's mama is resolved soon... that's never a nice feeling.

We met with my minister yesterday to discuss the ceremony. I feel like half of our guests will fall asleep, haha. I thought that when we (the minister, my FH and I) got together, I wouldn't feel quite so nervous cuz we'd have done a play-by-play of sorts, but I guess that's what the rehearsal is for. During the meeting, we told him that there might be ANOTHER change of venue, and he reminded us that my church would probably be available. (I don't know if I mentioned this on here yet, but during Hurricane Ike, the Pavilion we wanted to have the wedding out got at least a little bit of damage since it is litterally on the edge of the coast.... It has 4 large broken windows, some siding is missing from the entrance, and I couldn't quite tell cuz it was getting dark, but there was part of a deck beside the building that wasn't connected, but may not have come from the actual building. It could have been part of the pier that got washed away. From the pictures I saw, the water was right under the bottom of the building [it's on stilts] but when I went, there was just a small lake that was no higher than a foot deep. I don't know if they're going to repair it because there was talk of it being torn down to have a hotel or something built in it's place. Rawrrrr I really hope they fix it.)
I haven't done much of anything new for the wedding lately. I need to get on it. However, I HAVE taken a picture of my wedding dress! Not in it though, in case FH happens upon the picture. I didn't get a pic of the back but it has a corset dealie and I don't recal what length the train is, but it's purty dang long. It was taken with my phone, so it's probably crappy quality. Without further ado, here is is!
Edited to make picture smaller

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008 09:57:06 AM by thekster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
star_inmypocket
« Reply #1527 on: October 07, 2008 10:17:19 AM »

Thekstar your dress is beautiful! Good luck with your venue, that really stinks. I'm sure everything will work out... ah the joy of weddings, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination? -Jung

http://LuluMcCleary.etsy.com
http://thelifeoflulubelle.wordpress.com
http://pinterest.com/lulumccleary/
beehart
« Reply #1528 on: October 08, 2008 08:07:55 AM »

so i'm super excited because i found the fabric for my dress!  i found this stuff forever ago and have been spending MONTHS trying to find it again (i've been reallyreallyreally wanting a polkadotesque type fabric.  well, i did! and the best part?  i went there with a friend and bought 1/2 yard (wanted to check it against some white fabric) where the guy quoted me $5.99/yard.  pretty sweet deal, right?  well, my mom came into town that night and decided we should go get all of it the next day since it had taken me so long to find it.  well, the owner was there was almost crapped himself when we told him how much we were quoted.  he honored the $5.99/yard but apparently it was supposed to be closer to $15.99/yard, so we got a steal of a deal!  my camera died so i couldn't take a pic of the design i'm going to do.  it's a mermaid/grecian type of top, a sash at the waist, then a straight aline skirt.  i'll post pics of it when i get my muslin finished, but that won't be for a very long time seeing as how i'm not getting married til oct 3, 2009!  ok, on with the fabric pics:

the fabric fresh off the bolt:

and with some white cotton behind it (oh, i got white sateen to use behind it...wanna know the deal i got on it?  $2 for 10 yards!  yay!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cateyejess
« Reply #1529 on: October 15, 2008 08:25:58 AM »

Hello!
I have never picked up a needle and thread, but I am getting married next August and wondered how easy the veil was to make and how much it cost in the end. My FH's mother and grandmother both sew and embroider so I know they would lend me a hand. I just had questions mostly about cost, how long it took to make and also how to attach the comb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Transparency to a Gradient
Macromedia Flash 8 - Choosing a Gradient Overflow
Macromedia Flash 8 - Saving and Locking Gradients
Macromedia Flash 8 - Applying and Transforming Gradients
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adjusting Cap, Join and Other Stroke Properties
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...