A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,071
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 213549 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HHjamie
« Reply #1410 on: August 05, 2008 06:30:50 AM »

beehart - we went with a pic save-the-date because the overwhelming majority of those invited haven't seen us in months-10 years, so we thought it would be nice. We took the pic ourselves and made them from shutterfly. I think either way is fine, it's a personal preference thing. Best of luck with all the planning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beehart
« Reply #1411 on: August 05, 2008 07:25:47 AM »

neither one of us are all to comfortable in front of the camera so i guess i'll have to see if we can get any decent pics before deciding.  i've had a rough year and it shows physically so maybe we'll wait a little bit...or just photoshop the heck out of the pics!  i guess these are the crafty things i plan on doing right now.  i'm sure i'll add more later

-save the dates (i'm sorry, but that's one thing i won't use an acronym for)
-invites
-my dress
-i'll alter the bridesmaids dresses if they want them jazzed up a bit (i told them to get whatever and we'd work from there.  good thing i picked conservative bridesmaids!)
-groom/groomsmen ties
-thank you cards
-centerpieces (i'm getting unique/old glass vases from thrift stores and painting them then adding a ribbon...and filling them with massive amounts of (sun?) flowers)
-i'm making bead bouquet fillers instead of using baby's breath (to wedding-y for me)
-bridesmaid gifts
-wedding favors (i'm thinking about filling up mason jars with our favorite cookie in a jar recipes and decorating the jars but i'm not sure yet... we shouldn't be having too many people so i think this would be doable)

-there's more but i can't think of them at the moment
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeartOn
« Reply #1412 on: August 05, 2008 08:37:44 AM »

I really love this thread, guys.

I am FINALLY going to have more time to pick up projects again, so I will probably start on the dresses first, followed by fascinators and bouquets (faux flowers since the day is still 10 months away).

I also have a question: does anyone know of any good tutorials, or have any good tips, on how to make beaded flowers? I want to make one for my fascinator, but think I need a better idea of how to do so first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EOcrafter
Never met a craft I didn't like

mmm rummy drink!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1413 on: August 05, 2008 09:34:07 AM »

OOh i have not posted any wedding updates in AWHILE, but since I"m finally getting stuff done, thought I would update ya'll

Wedding Date: October 18, 2008
Colors: Red, purple, black and champange
Theme: Damask - almost EVERYTHING has some variety of damask print on it

Stuff completed:
Lace shrug for my wedding dress...OMG it is beautiful, I really need to get a pic posted, its from VK Spring 2008, they did a whole wedding spread, I made it out of white bamboo yarn, it is the most beautiful thing I have ever made!!
Fresh water pearl necklace, earrings, and bracelet for my ladies...thank god my matron of honor likes crafting as much as I do!  They were a cinch
Knitted lace bracelet bags for my ladies in red and purple
Embroidered hanky for me!   thanks to a great embroidery swap, thanks PearliePie!
Place card "trees" - there's no way I could just have a sea of place cards on a table, I am hanging them from potted branchy things, again, thanks for the matron of honor for helping those come to fruition
Crocheted blanket for said matron on honor, its a big granny square one it all her favorite colors - many many shades of blue
Menus!

Stuff still to make:
Grooms/groomsmen survival kits
Goodie bags for my ladies which shall include:
           Jewerly, purses, pashminas, comfy slippers, emboidered hankies, tye-dyed undies, crafted picture frames, and many other necessities,
Embroideried hankies for moms
Damask covered photo board
Damask covered cake box

I'm in the home stretch!  The only thing that will drive me insane is my family, not my ambitious crafting schedule!  I will get it done  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

star_inmypocket
« Reply #1414 on: August 05, 2008 03:06:49 PM »

151 Days! Yikes, its coming up fast!

I am sending out save the dates today. You can view them here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259188.msg2900401#msg2900401   I need to commit to an invitation and RSVP design and order everything. I have a friend who is a professional printer, so I just have to buy the ink and paper and hell do it.
   Although Im not making the cake, I decided what it should look like: white, tiered square cake with a green stripe along the bottom of each tier with little branches stuck to each layer (hard to explain).
   Tuxedos and dresses have been picked out
   I need to figure out what I am going to do for the guestbook. I thought an idea of a scrapbook would be really cute theknot.com has some really good ideas.
http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/results.aspx?type=3&Wedding_Details=Guest%20Book   I need to order everything to do the centerpieces and commit on what the low centerpieces will be.
   Make the jewelry for my bridesmaids and (probably) me.
   The 2 days before the wedding we are buying flowers and doing them ourselves I think I want Ranunculus and white peonies, among other things.
   Design Programs
   Table Numbers (or names)
   Seating Charts
   My Veil
   Make thank you cards to attach to favors, and assemble
   Thank you cards for all those showers and the wedding (I may just buy them)

Looking at this list I have a lot to do! Were just taking it one step at a time Im not getting too stressed yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination? -Jung

http://LuluMcCleary.etsy.com
http://thelifeoflulubelle.wordpress.com
http://pinterest.com/lulumccleary/
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1415 on: August 05, 2008 03:50:28 PM »

290 days until ours--of course I haven't really done much since my first post other than lurk on the wedding board.

I did do a dress mock-up muslin a little bit ago, though!
You can see my kitty Mei was being helpful
The back, with my super-professional binder clip alterations.
Have to show it off just because I spent the good part of an afternoon on it, and put in my first invisible zipper (I admit it, I'm a sewing novice)! I ended up with a ton of extra room up top despite my trying to merge sizes (what can I say, I'm a hippy little pear) and I haven't gotten up the gumption to try altering my pattern pieces accordingly. I also haven't found the kind of lightweight cotton/linen blend that I'd like for the dress anywhere nearby (muslins are actually the closest thing to what I want). We'll see. Maybe I'll walk into david's bridal, and fall in love with myself in a pouffy white dress a la a recent book I read.

We DIYed our engagement pics too--walked around Duke Gardens a little before dusk with a tripod (it was a gorgeous spring day, so there were about 4 other couples there getting their photos done professionally. we were totally cuter. and cheaper.) They came out fine except for the fact that apparently neither of us likes to smile.
EOcrafter, please do show us some pics ot the shrug--I remember seeing it in VK!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
HHjamie
« Reply #1416 on: August 05, 2008 10:15:59 PM »

Yea for crafty productive brides!

Synne - that dress is going to be beautiful! The fit/pattern is soooo flattering. Forget David's Bridal and go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #1417 on: August 05, 2008 11:14:08 PM »

Dang it, I just put a long post on here and lost it all! Basically, it said:
Synne - pretty! Love it! And you've shown me what muslin looks like Smiley I always imagined it as a hemp type material.

I found the dress two of my bridesmaids will wear! Fortunately the dresses run small so the smallest they had fit my very tiny friend. They didn't have one in my sister's size so most likely, I'll have my mom make one. It's a bright blue under thing with black sheer overlay that makes it almost exactly my color. The blue is to the knees, the black is about an inch or 2 below that.
Here's my besfrennn modeling - she apparently thinks she's a mannequin heh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 06, 2008 04:59:19 AM »

Ooooh... I LOVE the bridesmaid dress!!  Who is the maker & what is the style number?  I bet we could find it online!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1419 on: August 06, 2008 08:01:04 AM »

I also haven't found the kind of lightweight cotton/linen blend that I'd like for the dress anywhere nearby (muslins are actually the closest thing to what I want). We'll see. Maybe I'll walk into david's bridal, and fall in love with myself in a pouffy white dress a la a recent book I read.

I was going to say that a linen linen/cotton blend, rayon, bamboo maybe? would look great with that dress (yes kind of like the mock up). You should go to a fancy fabric store if you have one in your area. You should also look at www.fabricdepot.com Their website isn't the best, but (when I was in the store) I got some linen/cotton (I think) that would look great in that dress. I think it was in the PFD (prepared for dyeing) section. I would order samples, to make sure what you want isn't too thin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Self Publish a Book
Hot On HuffPost Books
Amy McNamara Shares Lovely, Dark and Deep
The Self Defeating Myths of Change
The Many Moods of Cheat
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...