A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 307,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 284695 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1370 on: July 19, 2008 11:33:14 AM »

Yes, the page I got my tut from was probably made from someone here on Craftster (but not actually ON craftster, cuz I couldn't find it.) Oh, I'm so happy it's an easy dress to make. Yours looks really pretty, and I didn't read all of your post on the other page cuz I'm at work, but it seems you did it by hand?? Awesome. And I figured it would be kinda difficult to wear a bra with; that may be one of the many reasons my plus-sized sister doesn't particularly like it. :/

I've seen some plus-sized women pull off the infinity dress, but I suspect your sister is either afraid of showing too much skin, worried about lack of support, or worried about lack of structure. I know my body type is not flattered by stretchy, clingy fabrics, and I would also balk at wearing something so likely to make me feel badly about myself. [I definitely never leave the house without a bra on, unless I'm wearing a REAL, steel boned corset.] Just some food for thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
thekster
« Reply #1371 on: July 20, 2008 07:23:14 PM »

Bahhhh I made sort-of an infinity dress today. I don't like it very much. And I definitely don't like it enough to make it three more times.
The reason I don't like it could be the fact that I didn't really measure anything. It fits on the mannequin with sorta my size specifications, but I still don't think my sister will like it that much.
I keep trying to get ahold of a cake lady we might use, but all we do is play phone tag. She said if we don't catch each other today, she'll call me back tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be around to answer it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1372 on: July 20, 2008 08:53:20 PM »

Cake topper- check!

FG headbands - check!

And the biggest project of the whole wedding, a canvas bag for every kid- check!

Probably doomed to be the least appreciated thing I did too...

One week to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
thekster
« Reply #1373 on: July 20, 2008 10:29:42 PM »

Dinos!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
catastrafi
« Reply #1374 on: July 21, 2008 01:43:41 AM »

absolute and total kudos. That is amazing. You have DINOSAUR cake toppers!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dellastella

the crafter formerly known as avsceriline

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1375 on: July 21, 2008 03:36:15 AM »

teaparty, the collar on that brontosaurus is too much! And I can't believe you put together a bag for each child. That is such a sweet touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog  |  flickr  |  wists  |  pinterest
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1376 on: July 21, 2008 12:42:11 PM »

It was sooo much work. I foolishly tried to actually match each bag to each kid too. But we have 15 kids coming and we wanted them to be busy and happy all night. Some of them are going to be my new nieces and nephews and the others are all kids I nannied for, so we love them all. Inside each is:

-A new picture book chosen for each kid from my mom's huge library of children's lit. (she gets them for promotion from the publishers!)
-Boys all have a dinosaur and a pirate toy, and the older boys will have a photo detective game to work on.
-Girls all have princess chapstick, a mermaid toy, and when I go to the store again they will also have either a feather boa or a lei, and a sparkle flashlight. I know it's really girly stuff, but there will be 5 3-5 year old girls. They LOVE playing princess...
-Babies (<2) get a stuffed toy and the book.

I know it was crazy to do all that, and more expensive than is really prudent. We spent way more on the kids bags than on the adult favors and the kids won't really even remember it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1377 on: July 21, 2008 01:14:49 PM »

It's ok, the parents will love it, too! It will be worth it when you see them dancing around with their bags and leis, having a blast! I do that with the kids in my family; their gifts get more thought and crafting than any adult's gifts do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
iheartmyTHO
Experiment With A Chemist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1378 on: July 21, 2008 05:44:54 PM »

i am totally jealous of the dino cake toppers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeartOn
« Reply #1379 on: July 21, 2008 05:50:55 PM »

THOSE BAGS FOR THE KIDS ARE SO GREAT!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...