A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,334
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 237266 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1300 on: June 20, 2008 09:58:14 PM »

Excellent catch Mishy, thank you!

Our friends refer to us as the muffins because I call my fiance (who is 6'5", 300 lbs and shaves his head) muffin almost exclusively. Everyone thought it was so hilarious, it just stuck. and whenever someone is poking fun at him, they call him muffin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #1301 on: June 21, 2008 02:37:02 PM »

Cute  Cheesy

I finished one more thing, the table numbers are finished! I used the cricut machine at my local scrapbook store and leftover invites glued face to face. I don't want to double post photos, so you can see them here. Man do I ever love that Cricut! I want one so badly now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
elottino
« Reply #1302 on: June 28, 2008 09:27:58 PM »

DragonRhapsody,

Your dress will be beautiful!  Do you have the fabric yet?
You were asking about kids at weddings, and if you like/want kids, invite them.  We're inviting 200 people to the wedding, and a quarter of the guests will be kids Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #1303 on: June 29, 2008 04:41:49 AM »

DragonRhapsody,

Your dress will be beautiful!  Do you have the fabric yet?
You were asking about kids at weddings, and if you like/want kids, invite them.  We're inviting 200 people to the wedding, and a quarter of the guests will be kids Smiley

Are you inviting some wranglers to keep them all in line?  Tongue Sounds like that will be a heck of a party! We've only got 60 people for our wedding... which is, oh yeah, a week from yesterday!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008 04:42:21 AM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
elottino
« Reply #1304 on: June 30, 2008 05:40:34 PM »

Mmm, I hope their parents do that!  Actually, I was thinking of doing something like the crayon hearts sweets4ever posted for her wedding.  That might keep them busy for a minute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 30, 2008 05:44:07 PM »

Yeah, that helps!  We did custom coloring books, the crayons, little pinwheels (Dollar Tree) and scented bubbles (Dollar Tree) for outside play.  Since we had the reception in a metro park lodge in the summer, many of the kiddies went outside to play after dinner.  It was nice...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #1306 on: June 30, 2008 07:07:05 PM »

We did heart shaped crayons for the little kids at our wedding and heard thank yous from the parents all evening long. Each child got a small bag with 3 crayons, 3 little sheets of stickers (I bought a box of 1000+ mini stickers at Dollar Tree) and a scroll of 6 double sided coloring pages (ripped from two coloring books from Dollar Tree). The kids walked around with stickers all over their faces all night!
We didn't expect this but the kids also loved the dress-up props for the photobooth we had. I don't know how many photos didn't have our flowergirl wearing a giant pink wide-brimmed hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #1307 on: July 01, 2008 10:39:31 PM »

Arggg my invitations are one step closer to being done. I'm pretty sure I have the wording at least CLOSE to what I like. My only real problem is getting a font combination I really like. :/
Banga, I don't think I posted yet but I really like your table numbers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1308 on: July 02, 2008 09:30:51 AM »

Kaiser Scissorhands, that is too funny about "muffins"!  My husband and I have both called each other Muffin since as long as I can remember...  Muffin is just so.... cute!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like to dabble in it all... curiosity keeps me crafty.

my blog: paper + stitch
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 02, 2008 06:09:15 PM »

It's about time I showed you guys come wedding pictures!! My main DIY-ing was the cupcake tree, but I also made flower lights for the tables, my bouquet, and my mom stitched pink tulle on my crinoline. We also frosted/decorated all the cupcakes ourselves. So, here we go!

My bouquet- mini gerber daisies, wrapped in brown satin ribbon. Oh, and I also re-gathered my veil because it was too pouffy.

A shot of the food tables, we did all the lights with flowers on them draped along the sides. And my mom and MIL made all the food.

Pink petticoat and my beautiful 4" heels (I was determined to NOT have to hem my dress!)

A couple pictures the kids at the kids table drew for us, I'm going to put them in an album

And finally- the cupcake tower. It's getting its own post with more pictures, so here's one to give you an idea- it was taller than both of us, and my husband is 6'!

The post with more pictures and explanation is here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=255004.0
And, these are my low-res pictures so you can actually load them, so that's why they are semi-grainy. The full size are excellent:)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008 06:30:44 PM by frogeyesalad - Reason: link to cupcake tree post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lili Göksenin Models Jeans of the Week
Mixing and Matching Vintage Items
Jessica Hart Poses in Bikinis After Her Fake VS Firing!
Best & Worst Dressed Celebrities
Dress Like 50 Shades of Grey in Lingerie Line
Latest Blog Articles
I Scream, You Scream...
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...