A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 222013 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1240 on: June 03, 2008 09:44:03 AM »

h_pets--We had the same issues with folks having to cross the country. What we did was Christmas '05 sent out a photo of us and an announcement that we were engaged and the wedding would be in Oregon in June '07. Then, we sent out save the dates either 6 or 9 months in advance [9 sounds right, so Sept of '06] and then we put up our website to go with that. Then, six or eight weeks before the wedding we sent the actual invitations with rsvp's. You generally give people until 3 or 4 weeks before the wedding to rsvp, depending on when you need to know what for vendors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1241 on: June 03, 2008 09:51:34 AM »

thanks, TheBon.  When I start thinking about this stuff, my head starts spinning in circles and I start wondering how cheap round trip tickets for two to Vegas are (which would work out if I liked Los Vegas at all).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1242 on: June 03, 2008 12:29:02 PM »

I think you can frequently get them round-trip to Vegas from PDX for under $200 each through Travelocity. Wink

We looked at a bunch of vendors in Portland and the area so feel free to PM me if you need any advice or just want to kvetch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1243 on: June 03, 2008 01:34:56 PM »

Hey, I'm doing a Vegas wedding and I'm super excited!  Grin It's not all Elvis and drive-thrus you know :b

I received my parcel from theknot.com today!!! So excited. Will post pictures when I get home from work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
HHjamie
« Reply #1244 on: June 03, 2008 02:42:52 PM »

h_pets360 - Here is an example of the time line I used. We are getting married August 16th. I sent out the Save-the-dates March 1st (5.5 months ahead). Invitations went out May 2nd (3.5 months ahead). RSVPs are due June 28th (1.5 months ahead). I'm going to start calling non-RSVPers July 15th (1 month ahead). We have to have a final head count to the hall August 1st.

I admit, half way through all this wedding planning, we began wondering why we didn't just hop a plane to Hawaii and elope.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1245 on: June 03, 2008 11:43:48 PM »

thanks HHJamie.

Mishymishy, i know lots of people pull off weddings in vegas AND vegas themed weddings with style.  Maybe 'cause my mom and my worst-ex-step-dad got hitched there, I just can't get excited about that for me and my love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1246 on: June 04, 2008 09:37:58 PM »

Oh no worries, I understand! I've always loved Vegas so it was a good fit for me but its definitely not everyone's style. My FI parents are mormon, so I have no idea how they will cope in sin city for a weekend  Grin

Anyway, 2/3rds of my favors are here! I'm just waiting on the labels for my candles which SHOULD have been dropped off today but i wasn't home for the fed ex guy Sad He didn't even leave a note though.... aren't they supposed to leave a note saying they tried to deliver a parcel? On the online tracking it said "owner not home" or something like that but there was nothing on our door.  Huh

Anyway, these are our silk fans that we will be handing out before the outdoor ceremony. Hopefully it will help a little with the heat. The matches will be given at the reception with our candles.

Close up of the engraving on the fan:

Oh and what is the etiquette on names on favors/invites? I am hispanic and our tradition is always "men's name first" but someone told me its the other way around on wedding stuff. Is it a cultural thing?

and since I already have a post for my invites, here is the link to the post Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243204.msg2775887#msg2775887
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
thekster
« Reply #1247 on: June 04, 2008 09:47:21 PM »

Mishy - I loved your favors before, but when I saw they were personalized, I love them super duper much now!

And I feel accomplished - I don't know enough html to make a complete website, but I made a quiz all by myslf! *pats self on back* Haha I got stuck though so I need my boy to finish it, but I think I got like 80-90 percent done with it. Hopefully we'll get the stupid thing up and running within the week. *cheers* Yay for accomplishing crap!
Oh not only that, but I set an appointment (1 of 4 or 5 grrr) with my pastor for the 16th, AND I called 4 bakeries to try and find a place that wasn't a freaking hour away. The one we really liked the way the cake/icing tasted AND was pretty cheap, was something like 1.5 hours away and would have charged $125 for delivery. I found one today that is slightly more expensive than them, but still cheap, and is much closer than most other places, and they have FREE setup and delivery. I don't know how their cakes taste though so we'll definately be going to a tasting there sometime soon.
And since I was a lazy-bones today and the boy went to all day, I made supper so it would be ready when he got home... then found out he was going to be ~1.5 hours late. LAME. But I still felt all house-wifey and cannot wait to be married.
Weeeee I need to go to sleep but someone keeps knocking and I don't know what they're doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

Sometimes when you fall, you fly.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1248 on: June 05, 2008 07:24:12 AM »

Oh and what is the etiquette on names on favors/invites? I am hispanic and our tradition is always "men's name first" but someone told me its the other way around on wedding stuff. Is it a cultural thing?

and since I already have a post for my invites, here is the link to the post Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243204.msg2775887#msg2775887

I am not sure who said it was the other way around, but all the wedding invitations I've seen it's been addressed to "Mr. and Mrs. Ryan Secrest". If children are involved, "And Family" is added. So I don't see it as a cultural thing, I see it as a tradition.
Val
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnydays914
« Reply #1249 on: June 05, 2008 07:55:22 AM »

First thing, I am in love with those fans! I'm sure the will be appreciated by your guests. I've even wanted a fan during cooler weather.

Secondly, I'm almost 100% positive that the placement of names is due to culture. Hispanic culture and mainstream US culture are pretty different. Traditionally, the bride's name is first because the wedding day is all about the bride (that's why guests stand when you walk in!) I think this could be part of the wedding where you personalize it to match your background. If you want to put his name first, do it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Image Quality Function
Canon G10: Set Program Mode (P)
Canon G10: Set Manual Mode (M)
Canon G10: Set Manual Focus Function
Canon G10: Set ISO Function
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...