A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,218
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 222067 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thekster
« Reply #1040 on: April 02, 2008 10:34:31 PM »

haha ruby you're so silly! on the glass vase thing, I ended up with FIVE vases (I have no idea why I originally bought them!) I've just wrapped them in a couple of layers of newspaper and stuck them in a plastic tub with a lid. My brother even dropped the tub AND it had another heavy tub put on top if it and there's nary a crack! That whole explanation was kinda useless on you though since you already bought alternatives haha. *shakes fist at you*  Grin That makes me think - EVERY centerpiece idea I come up with is more suited towards round tables, but we have long rectangular (banquet?) tables.

GUYYSSS! I think we've decided on the BAHAMAS for our honeymoon! My mom said she'll basically pay for the basics for us, and if we want any shore excursions or any upgrades, we'd have to pay but dude... We're still getting off cheap! It makes me excited that we've pretty much got it pinned down. We were between Colorado and Florida (with no cruise) but then BOOM! Here comes Florida with a cruise to the Bahamas. Sorry for rambling; I"m just excited. I feel like I did some other wedding related stuff but I can't remember. Maybe I just talked to one of my bridesmaids a lot and used the wedding as an excuse to talk to her at work haha Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1041 on: April 02, 2008 10:37:45 PM »

THE BAHAMAS!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy How exciting, I'm totally jealous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
thekster
« Reply #1042 on: April 02, 2008 11:34:22 PM »

I'm excited too Smiley but super nervous after reading on the passport website that part of Nassau is a high crime area. *nervous*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1043 on: April 03, 2008 07:26:22 AM »

thanks, TheBon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1044 on: April 03, 2008 07:30:58 AM »

haha ruby you're so silly! on the glass vase thing, I ended up with FIVE vases (I have no idea why I originally bought them!) I've just wrapped them in a couple of layers of newspaper and stuck them in a plastic tub with a lid.

we did that with vases and other glass things for the candy buffet, but the vases we were looking at for centerpieces were decent sized and we were going to order 18 of them (we needed a few to mess with because we had planned to spray paint the insides to make them opaque)... and that'd probably be at least two big boxes to add to our almost-a-closet full of stuff.  so i'm happy that we got these pails ($1 at target!) so we don't have to deal with painting and because they stack together and take up about two feet by one foot, and can go in the same tub as the flowers.  woo hoo!

and yay, bahamas!  i think we're going to wait to take a honeymoon til our one year anniversary (because i start school two days after we get married, yuck) and we were talking about the bahamas.  have you guys looked at the all-inclusives?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
sunnydays914
« Reply #1045 on: April 03, 2008 08:03:50 AM »

Woohoo Bahamas! One of my maids is going to the Bahamas for her honeymoon. All the pictures she showed were beautiful. I laugh at her every time she calls Nassau "Nasa" Smiley

I have stacks of 11 3/4" tall, 3" diameter vases in my closet. I don't think they're destructible because they've lasted through my 4 year old sister playing with them Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

« Reply #1046 on: April 03, 2008 08:30:49 AM »

ruby, how was your experience printing invites with kinko's? I am going back and forth between printing mine there  or by myself. I can't decide!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #1047 on: April 03, 2008 08:41:18 AM »

OMG ehinders.  it cost me 26 bucks to have them print and cut them out for me, and i have to tell you that it was worth every penny. 

i tried using several different (free) copy machines and printers with different settings but none of them got the colors right and would cut bits of it off, which stressed me out to no end (and took me several hours, to boot).  i finally decided to give in and go pay for it, which i wish i would have done in the first place!  it took like half an hour total, and they printed them out and cut them on the huge industrial cutter, and then they were DONE. 

i took in a jump drive with my file on it, and the only thing i'd advise if you did the same is to make sure any special fonts you used are saved onto your drive, as well - i had to use one of their computers to download Little Days from dafont.  i had someone at the front do it for me using their computers and "better" printers, i didn't use the copy machines. 

in any case, huge stress reliever, it was cheap and fast and cut out a lot of the grotty work that would have annoyed the crap out of me (because i was NOT looking forward to cutting each one out using an exacto knife).    so, long story long, i guess, i'd do it again, but sooner, if i could.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

« Reply #1048 on: April 03, 2008 11:33:16 AM »

Thanks for the info, Ruby! I kept going back and forth about it. I don't want to have to buy a crap ton of ink, cut all of them, etc. Kinko's here I come!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #1049 on: April 03, 2008 11:37:07 AM »

yeah, MUCH less of a PITA, in my opinion.  in fact, i'm going back today to have them industrial-cut my matting stock (for three dollars... yusss) because it'd take me forever to cut myself.  so kinkos here I come, too.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fatty Tuna Vs. Regular Tuna Sushi Rolls
What is Wasabi?
How to Make a Salmon Crunch Roll
How to Eat Sushi with Chopsticks
How to Make a Tamagoyaki Omelet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...