A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 224629 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #990 on: March 23, 2008 10:35:31 PM »

These are my save the dates Smiley Not the craftiest I know, but I like them Smiley I made them!

Its on silver backing paper, but its hard to see the sheen on the scanner. I used this kit:

http://www.gartnerstudios.com/skuDetail.cfm?sku=75932

Awesome value. Supplies to make 20 cards for $9.99!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
HHjamie
« Reply #991 on: March 24, 2008 07:18:13 AM »

Thank for the link Mishymishy! I've been trying to find pretty print at home invites that weren't as expensive as normal invites.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexscreations
« Reply #992 on: March 25, 2008 01:28:18 PM »

Here's my list!  Smiley

Definite DIY projects:
- invitations
- "calligraphy" for invitation envelopes
- programs
- bathroom baskets
- guest book pen
- memorial of some sort for my father, who passed away in 2006
- playlist for DJ

Maybe DIY, maybe not:
- some kind of decorations for ceremony chairs?
- bridesmaid gifts and/or jewelry
- my jewelry
- jeweled hair pins for myself and/or bridesmaids

We're on a reeeeally tight budget, and sticking to it rather well so far (hooray!).  We're doing a fall theme.  We got print-your-own invitations with a really pretty leaf & acorn theme, so we're going to use those, but we're going to embellish them a little with ribbon.  We also have to make the RSVP postcards and directions/hotel list enclosures.  We'll be getting ivory card stock from an office supply store for that, and decorating with leaf paper punches and possibly some classy stickers.  My FH can help with some of it, since he's really creative; hoping to get friends to help with some things, too.

I put the word calligraphy in quotes, since my mom and I (and maybe some friends) are going to try to do that, and we don't know how yet!  LOL.  I'm sure it will come out pretty.

The playlist is already being worked on.  We're big folk-rock fans (that's how we met!).

We've got until November...I hope we can get as much done ourselves as we want to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #993 on: March 25, 2008 01:50:30 PM »

lexscreations, we've had our playlist finished since the 2 month mark of our year long engagement! We knew what we wanted, that's for sure!

You've got time to work on all your projects. Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished results!

The most we've done on the wedding lately has been filling the website with info. If you want to take a look, you can find it at www.katieandbrian.info

Anyone else having bridal showers? I'm really, really enjoying the free stuff  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #994 on: March 25, 2008 02:22:15 PM »

dang sunny, I must say, you have some AWESOME arm muscles. I know that has nothing to do with anything but yeah. I love the website too! Whoever made it (the fiance?) has mad html skills.

Mannn you guys have reminded me that we still have to do the playlist. You guys keep me in check for all my wedding crap haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
lexscreations
« Reply #995 on: March 25, 2008 02:27:49 PM »

The most we've done on the wedding lately has been filling the website with info. If you want to take a look, you can find it at www.katieandbrian.info

It looks really nice!!  Smiley  We have a wedding web site, too, but we didn't exactly make it ourselves, we just filled it in.  We had fun writing our story, though!  It's here if you'd like to see: greerandheidenberg.weddings.com

I can't wait for the bridal showers.  Actually, for me, it'll probably just be one shower.  When do those usually start?  Probably closer to the wedding, I guess?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #996 on: March 25, 2008 04:17:28 PM »

Thanks!
It was the fiance who made it but to be fair, he didn't code the whole thing. He customized a wordpress (http://wordpress.org/) site to have all the features that we needed. That way I could edit content too. I'm a complete dunce at html!

I just had my first shower last Friday and the second one is this Saturday and we're 7 weeks away yet. The first was a great time. It was a Tupperware shower so I was able to buy all the overpriced plastic-ware that will last forever.

Oh my goodness. 7 weeks! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 25, 2008 05:43:19 PM »

Thanks!
It was the fiance who made it but to be fair, he didn't code the whole thing. He customized a wordpress (http://wordpress.org/) site to have all the features that we needed. That way I could edit content too. I'm a complete dunce at html!

I just had my first shower last Friday and the second one is this Saturday and we're 7 weeks away yet. The first was a great time. It was a Tupperware shower so I was able to buy all the overpriced plastic-ware that will last forever.

Oh my goodness. 7 weeks! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Wow. I guess I'm 7 weeks away too, I didn't even realize until you said that! I'm crafting invitations like mad, so hopefully I can get them out by next weekend...ish. yikes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corkyface
« Reply #998 on: March 28, 2008 10:11:35 AM »

I honestly can not believe this is the first time I am posting anything about my wedding.  I have been engaged for almost 8 months and this board has helped me plan sooo many things!! My wedding is just 2 weeks away!!
We are getting married on the beach in florida and having a small reception there, with about 50 guests, and when we return from our honeymoon, we will have  big reception (200ish) here in Louisiana.  Our colors are chocolate brown and robins egg blue. 

my dress:http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=501221958&N=1604013&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3FN%3D1604013&R=02749422

bridesmaids: http://www.target.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Target-Special-Trapunto/dp/B000YIZIP0/qid=1206724078/ref=br_1_6/601-9787824-0898569?ie=UTF8&node=144457011&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=144457011&rank=-product%5Fsite%5Flaunch%5Fdate&rh=&page=3
when i got them for my girls they were only forty dollars!!

so far i have crafted:
  • my veil
  • my "mermaid crown" (headpiece)
  • my jewelry
  • designed and gocco'd my invites
  • centerpieces and other table decorations
  • bamboo archway

thats all i remember for now, and i promise to post picture of those things later when i have my camera.

things STILL left to craft!!
  • bridesmaid jewelry
  • guestbook
  • parents gifts (miniscrapbooks)
  • cake!
  • martha poms

i REALLY hope thats all! haha

thanks for giving me all the reat ideas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #999 on: March 28, 2008 10:56:01 AM »

so far i have crafted:
  • my veil
  • my "mermaid crown" (headpiece)
  • my jewelry
  • designed and gocco'd my invites
  • centerpieces and other table decorations
  • bamboo archway

thats all i remember for now, and i promise to post picture of those things later when i have my camera.

things STILL left to craft!!
  • bridesmaid jewelry
  • guestbook
  • parents gifts (miniscrapbooks)
  • cake!
  • martha poms

i REALLY hope thats all! haha

You've done a lot! I hope to be a good place with all the crafting when I'm 2 weeks out. Are you doing the martha poms in brown and blue?

We really are 7 weeks away! We're getting RSVPs back and I'm quite pleased how well the invites held up through the mail. I think our official attendance count is up to 25 Smiley
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008 11:00:25 AM by sunnydays914 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Blais: Serving Innovation
How to Make Grilled Breakfast Pizza
Chef Shows Off Goat Cheese Fondue
Chocolate Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
How to Make Hot Chicken Wings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...