A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,366
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 244662 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paigeywithwings
« Reply #770 on: January 31, 2008 01:20:59 PM »

catElle - That's terrible news.  I'm sure they will refund your deposit if the damage is extreme.  Best of luck to you, I would start looking for a new venue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
helenpaige.etsy.com
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 31, 2008 01:36:11 PM »

catElle- I can't believe that happened! I guess this is good luck if you haven't made your deposit and weren't sold on the venue, but still! Definitely a bummer about the invitations though if you change venues. That's such a freak thing!

sunnydays- my fiance is coming to visit in two weeks (we're both in school, 1300 miles apart, thank goodness for video chat!), and I was hoping to rope him into assembling invitations since he's gotten off really easy as far as wedding planning goes. I don't know if I'll be ready by then though! I guess I need to get a move on. March 22-April 5...hmm that's really soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkangel1979
« Reply #772 on: January 31, 2008 02:03:32 PM »

Goodness catElle, hope you get the venue sorted out one way or another!

Congrats on your engagements, pinkangel! A girl after my own heart, into list making:) My fiance makes fun of me, because I make lists for EVERYTHING.
Me too, couldn't cope without lists! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #773 on: January 31, 2008 07:47:41 PM »

wow...3 pages in one day!  way to go craftsters!
star...a much larger version of the card box would make an awesome ottoman! Wink, might want to secure it better than with just velcro, I speak from experience that it's not very sturdy!!!!  ha, ha.  you so funny!
sweets...thanks for the nice compliment! And you were so skeptical of the colors at first!! I am loving seeing everything come together too!  I just hope it all turns out like the pictures I have in my fried little brain!!

Things to do still:

Invites got finished last weekend, and will go out next week (that will be 7 weeks! augh!)

I have decided against the kids coling books and opting for covering the kids tables with brown kraft paper (the adult tables will have tan tablecloths with red overlays) so, I don't think the brown paper will look out of place, then they can color all over the table with the star and heart crayons!  What do you guys think?

runners for bridal party tables ( the girls dresses are red and I don't want them sitting next to a red table cloth) so I'm going for red runners over the tan for the bp tables

tissue pom poms for the bar area

print programs, remembrance poem

FIND a gift for our Dads, and the little guys.  I cannot figure this out for the life of me!

Then all that left is planting flowers at our friends home where our wedding will be!

Wow.  I think I may actually have it all under control!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhettsmommy
« Reply #774 on: January 31, 2008 07:53:21 PM »

Oh, I almost forgot...I just got a new Cricut machine.  So, I'm going to try this weekend to make name plates for the chairs for the ceremony with our family members names.  Wish me luck!
They will be red background with teh name cut out of the turqouise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #775 on: January 31, 2008 08:10:39 PM »

wow...3 pages in one day!  way to go craftsters!
star...a much larger version of the card box would make an awesome ottoman! Wink, might want to secure it better than with just velcro, I speak from experience that it's not very sturdy!!!!  ha, ha.  you so funny!
sweets...thanks for the nice compliment! And you were so skeptical of the colors at first!! I am loving seeing everything come together too!  I just hope it all turns out like the pictures I have in my fried little brain!!

Things to do still:

Invites got finished last weekend, and will go out next week (that will be 7 weeks! augh!)

I have decided against the kids coling books and opting for covering the kids tables with brown kraft paper (the adult tables will have tan tablecloths with red overlays) so, I don't think the brown paper will look out of place, then they can color all over the table with the star and heart crayons!  What do you guys think?

runners for bridal party tables ( the girls dresses are red and I don't want them sitting next to a red table cloth) so I'm going for red runners over the tan for the bp tables

tissue pom poms for the bar area

print programs, remembrance poem

FIND a gift for our Dads, and the little guys.  I cannot figure this out for the life of me!

Then all that left is planting flowers at our friends home where our wedding will be!

Wow.  I think I may actually have it all under control!!

I am 100% for brown kraft paper on the kids table. There is nothing more exciting to a kid than knowing they can draw on the table when they are bored by all the adult happenings going on. Heck, I might have to put some on the head table! Mmmmmm..... coloring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhettsmommy
« Reply #776 on: January 31, 2008 08:24:41 PM »

that's kinda what I was thinking, and although I do love all the coloring books, especially sweets, I think I'll be just fine with them coloring...everywhere.

I like your idea, maybe I could use it somewhere else too and write little sayings or something...I'll have to think about that! Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkangel1979
« Reply #777 on: February 01, 2008 03:36:25 AM »

I love the kraft paper idea, sounds perfect for the kids (or anyone really!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 01, 2008 04:50:47 AM »

The kraft paper idea is GREAT!!  We actually considered it, but closed the idea once we chose "khaki" colored tablecloths. Cheesy  We had some pretty small kiddies present and could totally imagine them coloring on all of the tablecloths. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes!
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #779 on: February 01, 2008 05:50:00 AM »

Love the kraft paper idea, and I am green with envy about your new Cricut! I want one soo bad! Maybe I can finagle it into my wedding budget.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Comedy Club Host
How to Succeed as a Comedian on the Road
Finding Your Unique Voice as a Comedian
How to Produce Yourself as a Comedian
How to Convert Life Into a Comedy Routine
Latest Blog Articles
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...