A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 223683 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amnesia
« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2007 01:36:17 PM »

Rehearsal Dinner Invitations and Favors:

The masu cups will be filled with cello bags of red/white jellybeans!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
amnesia
« Reply #251 on: May 11, 2007 01:40:20 PM »

Favor and gift DIYs

TO DO: Reception favors:   these chopsticks will lay horizontally and be tied to the top of the square boxes with two small navy ribbons (a play on the line formations of shrine gates):

TO DO: OOT gift bags will have:
Favor tags:

Matted but not framed engagement pics (not shown)
Favor CDs:

Origami crane chocolates:

Two of these bookmarks:

Fun bottle of a favorite soda drink

Welcome letter, map and general info

Photo books of engagement photos for our parents:

Flower girl trinket bags and necklace:

(shows the outside fabric)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: May 11, 2007 09:14:59 PM »

Holy Crap everything is so beautiful amnesia. You're so talented an congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
iheartmyTHO
Experiment With A Chemist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: May 12, 2007 02:15:19 PM »

i adore your birdcage veil!  i want to wear one so bad at my wedding.  but unfortunately i have short hair and it just doesn't look right with my hair do.  the rest of your stuff is absolutely lovely too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amnesia
« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2007 11:07:41 AM »

Thanks ladies! 

From the above list, I need to figure out a better approach for pew decor... what I had thought up doesn't stay together very well and I'm not sure how to adapt it.. Any ideas on something to use as pew decor that would work?  Anything in navy, green or ivory (or coordinating) or using green or white fake orchids or using butterflies?  I'm not feeling very inspired on this one...

I've framed the few pew decorations I did originally as mock-ups using an IKEA frame and I was thinking about having them out on a table near the programs or something (so they won't be wasted):
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amnesia
« Reply #255 on: May 13, 2007 11:35:09 AM »

Oh.. and I just found the link to the DIY instruction template that I used for my veil-- this is in response to a personal message but I thought others might also like the info:
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0da3o/birdcageveilbio/id10.html

I made one practice version first to get a sense of how much netting I wanted (and the netting was super cheap... you can get it multiple places, but I used Judith M's millinery supply for mine...).  I used a set of instructions for the kanzashi flowers that I think came from craftster, but...my method is as follows:
1. I made rice paste using rice flour mixed with cold water first (equal amounts of each) and then a third part hot water until it was thinner (but still covered the spoon.. so not so thin it was soupy).

2. I brushed the rice paste on the fabric and let that dry.  This starches the fabric and it was my nod towards more traditional methods of doing this, but a very stiff starch may also work.

3. I then cut the fabric pieces in 2 inch squares and followed the folding directions here: http://www.ohbara.com/kanzashidirections.gif

4. Instead of using rice paste as the adhesive, I cheated and used a hot glue gun.  I encountered some problems at first with the glue being messy, but using smaller dots of glue, my flowers eventually improved.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpbride
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2007 01:04:03 PM »

Awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amnesia
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2007 09:24:39 PM »

The same thing could be done for other trays.. I lined two wooden trays with oat colored bookcloth, affixed with adhesive, then used more adhesive to add the blue ribbon around the inside lip/edge.  The two feather butterflies are affixed with small adhesive dots also.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Petunia0384
« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2007 12:13:25 PM »

Here's my list!  My wedding is May 31, 2008, so I have plenty of crafting time (which is fine by me, since I'm also working and trying to get the heck out of graduate school).  Right now, I am absolutely bursting to do a wedding related craft!  Hmm, maybe I can pick something off of this list and head to Michael's tonight...

-Be my bridesmaid cards
-Unity candle
-Pew markers
-Powerpoint photo slideshow
-"I Do" letters for the cake table
-Some sort of card holder
-Wreath for the church door
-Programs
-Ribbons for reception tables (I'm writing [rather, my mom is writing because my handwriting sucks] quotes on them and having them run across the tables)
-Flowergirl basket

I know I will definitely be adding more to this than I will be marking off in the near future...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007 08:30:55 AM by Petunia0384 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2007 06:25:03 PM »

I love this thread! There are so many great ideas happening here- and I can't wait to get my hands dirty with my own craftiness. My wedding is August 23, 2008, and my colors will be shades of pink. Here's my list:

-Invitations need to be printed, and embossed
-Be my bridesmaid cards ;o)
-Veil and headpiece (not sure yet)
-Table runners
-Favors
-Knit lace shawl for my bridesmaids, or possibly just my MOH
-Gum past strawberries for the cake
-Programs
-All bouquets
-Boutonnieres
-Ribboned candles for centerpieces
-Jeweled table numbers
-Garters
-Rose wreath for church door
-Ribbon bands for reception area
-Pew decorations
-Monogrammed aisle runner
-Unity Candle
-Flower decorations for extra tables
-Rhinestone cake toppers
-Decorations for cake table
-The cake... (maybe I'm being too ambitious here, but no cake place will make the cake I want- almond white cake with strawberry filling and rolled buttercream frosting with contrasted scrolling and gum paste strawberries. I'm hoping that I can find someone to do this for me for a whole lot less than $1,000 for 95 people, but I'll still make the gum paste decorations).

I'm looking for this list to get longer, rather than shorter as time goes by. Hopefully, I can get the "fabric" stuff done before the end of the year. That way, the rest will breeze by without having me worry about things that could have been done already. I'm planning on doing a slight run-through with flowers to gauge my ability with it, and see how far in advance I can make the bouquets. The same will happen early on with the gum paste cake decorations. I'll post lots of pictures as soon as things start rolling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Retail Stores That Offer Student Discounts
China Is The Fastest Growing Luxury Market
Kate Middleton Rocks the Burgundy Trend for Fall
Rebecca Minkoff Opening First US Flagship in SoHo
Who Rocked The Frock: Kristin Cavallari Vs. Sophia Bush
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...