A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 216830 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kristiface
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2006 06:07:33 PM »

You have some really cute stuff, cawfeehouse!  I really like your original floral centerpiece-- I think that the newer version has too many things going on, though.  What if you did half the tables with the bouquet with wine corks, and then the other half with the twirly twigs with wine corks in the container to carry that theme through?  I'd agree with your fiance about the pearls, though.  LOVE the flower basket-- super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2006 06:52:54 PM »

I used to make those in grade school, but would never have thought of it as a wedding favor! What a creative idea! Kudos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2006 07:14:37 PM »

Everyone's stuff looks so great! Speakaboo, can I steal about 75% of your ideas? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
alwznlace
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2006 01:15:51 PM »

kristinp36

i love your wedding crafts.

please, please tell me how you made the cake toppers

to other people, please start showing people exactly how to do your crafts for the ones like me who are completely unoriginal
thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiface
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2006 11:03:07 PM »

Alright, ladies-- I finally managed to get the hankie finished! 

The story: my grandmother and I were close until she passed away when I was 11.  Unfortunately, her wedding dress has deteriorated a great deal because it was never preserved so it can't be re-worn, or salvaged to use in the construction of my wedding dress.  So-- I decided to use a piece of her dress for my "something old".  My mother sent me a section of her lace that was in relatively good condition and I made a nosegay handkerchief from it.  The construction is not perfect (as you'll see) because I didn't have enough lace to make a proper border, but I managed to make it come together Smiley  I LOVE it!

Final product

The construction:

(close up of the lace)
I used two men's handkerchiefs to cut out two matching squares of fabric.  I used an iron to "hem" them.  I cut the lace in 4ths, and sandwiched the pieces between the two squares with one piece on each side:

Then I top stitched around the sides to finish it.

It may not have been the best construction, but I wanted to cut the lace as little as possible.  The middle square is admittedly small, but with two layers of hankie, I'm hoping it will be able to absorb a tear or two!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Charles Du Bos
kristiface
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2006 08:21:43 PM »

Yay!  The cardbox is finished (at last)!  It was sort of a disaster for a long time, because the spray adhesive I had used was cheap and didn't stick very well.  I managed to find some good ribbon to pretty it up a bit.  I still need to find a pretty bow to make it a little less... boring on top!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Charles Du Bos
diosaperdida
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2006 08:31:34 AM »

I have almost finished my necklace! I am going to work on inserting fanny pads in my undies so I am not such a flat-assed bride.
And right now I'm thanking God for the ability to sew two straight lines..that was a life saver. I used a  retangular peice of dotted/lacey fabric that was going to be for a veil to make a shrug to cover my gianormous linebacker arms!
It looks fantastic!
As far as the veil goes..I just hate my head with a veil..I'm skipping it and wearing a rhinestone and pearl headband..purchased for the veil..but fine on its own.

The day is Friday.

Now if I can not come down with the stomach flu that my Mom ( who lives with me) has right now!

I already have a nasty summer cold.

Diabetes+ wedding stress= kids in daycare= sick bride  ( at least it does in my case)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
littledoe
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2006 10:31:30 AM »

A few more crafts for my August 12 wedding:

Wreath

Guest book

Simple anklets with indian bells for the girls and I.  Not my original plan due to not finding a large linked chain, but I'm okay with them.

I don't think I've posted these yet, but here are our favor tags.  We're having sugar cookies and pillow mints as favors.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006 08:43:43 AM by littledoe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amerigirl05
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2006 09:41:09 PM »

Hey, my wedding is 10/07 too! But unlike you, in April I had no idea that I was getting married this fall Smiley.

My list:
Programs
magnet favors and custom label tins
groom's survival box
welcome baskets for in-laws
centerpieces (mason jar candle holders)
bracelets for bridesmaids
etched shot glasses for groomsmen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristinp36
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2006 07:46:34 AM »

kristinp36

i love your wedding crafts.

please, please tell me how you made the cake toppers

to other people, please start showing people exactly how to do your crafts for the ones like me who are completely unoriginal
thanks

They were really easy...all I did was add the crystals

Purchase letter in your choice of size, font, material (metal, silver mirrored or gold mirrored)

www.weddingcuts.com

I then bought various sized Swarovski Crystals in 3 colors (Siam, Lt siam, Clear)

The proceeded to glue them on one by one with a pair of tweezers and glue I purchased form the letter place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roz Savage Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Meet Supermodel Daisy Fuentes
The Lost Kings Book Trailer
Leslie Dunton-Downer Talks About The English is Coming
Mark Alpert Talks About Final Theory
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...