A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 213569 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

drotarki
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2006 01:12:34 PM »

I'm getting hitched May 27, 2007.  I don't have many craft plans yet but I want to join in!

My "Save the Date" Cards are in the process of being made, but they aren't fancy at all.  Just plain old ink-jet printer and cardstock with a cool retro image.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiface
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2006 09:10:28 PM »

This isn't on my list of to-do's, but I did it anyway... and it was kind of fun!  Below, I decorated two cheap champagne flutes with crystals.  They're SUPPOSED to look like Ws... which I guess they mostly do! 

Now if I could just get around to the things that actually ARE on my to do list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
littledoe
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2006 10:03:53 PM »

Finished 2 more projects tonight.

My wedding outfit and the ribbon wands.

There are crappy photos of me.  My step-son took them. 

I look much larger than I am in this photo.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006 10:26:09 AM by littledoe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Senora Muertos

Viva Dia de los Muertos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2006 10:10:04 PM »

Your dress is gorgeous (sp?)!  You did a great job and you don't look large at all!  The ribbon wands are nice too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MTFBWY!
You can never have enough glitter!
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2006 11:26:11 AM »

Speakaboo - Wow!  Shocked I am totally blown away by all the work and planning that you have done. I really look forward to seeing the photos of your big day and how all the pieces came together! Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
butterflybebe
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2006 08:08:25 PM »

I finished my banners last night.  Wuwu!  I did fourteen.  Seven are brown, and seven are navy blue (although they look kind of black in these photos).  I had planned on doing 7 more in a sage green, but when I realized how much time it was taking me, I nixxed that idea.

And a close-up:

I'm so glad to be done this project!
I loved these I pm'd u
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006 09:22:34 AM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BKMGifts

Baskets, diaper cakes and more!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2006 05:09:28 PM »

OOOOOOOOOOH Littledoe!! What a gorgeous wedding you're going to have!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cawfeehowse
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2006 07:59:57 PM »

I was pretty crafty today I think.  I updated my flower girl basket, made a sample centerpiece and made a fun activity for the cocktail hour.  Here's the pics:

Flower Girl Basket

The basket came with these sweet little flowers on it and leaves on the handle.  I got it around Easter at a craft store, but the flowers didn't exactly match my wedding colors and I wanted to incorporate them into it some how.  So what I did was wrap some ribbon around the handle (which will be nice for our FG to hold because there are little twigs that sorta stick out and would poke her) and also around the base of the handle.  I think it's just darling but let me know what you think!

Centerpieces

As I mentioned on a previous post, my florist is charging an astromoical amount of money for centerpieces (for the whole story go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107739.0) and I really was not going to pay $500 for them.  I got to thinking about what I could do with the beta fish vases that I had already bought and with the help of some crafters and some of my own tweaking I came up with this. 

Our wedding is kind of a very elegant french garden theme (we're getting married under a white arbor, wine corks are being used, etc) so I think it kind of fits.

What I did was put double sided tape on the bottom of a skinny glass (literally from the kitchen cupboard) and centered it in the middle of the vase.  Then my mom (who works at a restaurant) has saved like a couple thousand wine corks for me and I took those and filled around the glass making sure to cover the glass as best as I could. 

Then, I took my silk roses and inserted them around the lip of the vase.

After that I went into the backyard and found some pretty sticks (we had a storm yesterday so there were tons on the ground) and cleaned them off a bit and brought them inside and stuck them in the glass (I think for the actual centerpieces we'll use curly willow branches from the craft store).  Then for some fun I took two of my pearl necklaces and draped them around the branches. 

I don't know why but I like the sophistication of the pearls with the rusticness of the branches (my fiance doesn't like the pearls - what do you think?).  I'm still debating about adding the thicker purple ribbon with the thinner pink ribbon around the neck of the vase or maybe using more wine corks.

**UPDATE**
I thought maybe putting it on a white tablecloth with the rosepetals and the votives around would give the more complete look for the centerpieces.

As you can see, I added the ribbons on this version.

Wedding Word Search
Our cocktail hour is going to be more like cocktail 2 hours so I wanted to make sure that our guests had plenty to keep them entertained.  My fiance and I love games and puzzles so in addition to the cootie catchers I made a wedding word search.  I fed 30 words about my fiance and I or weddings in general into this website (http://puzzlemaker.school.discovery.com/WordSearchSetupForm.html) and copy and pasted it into Microsoft Word.  With some fun formating I had a totally cute little word search.  I rolled it into a scroll and tied it with some extra ribbon and good to go!

That website even gives you the solution that I also formated and printed off so quests can see how they did!

** UPDATE to add more crafts **
Heart Wreaths
My fiance and I were at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago and saw these two wreaths made out of sticks and formed into the shape of two joined hearts.  Since joined hearts is kind of like our wedding thing (it's on our toasting flutes and caker serving set) we decided to buy them and boy were we surprised to find out their price: $1.50 each!  So we got both and I've spent some time today putting some of my touches on them.  Check it out:

The plain wreath.

The wreath with ribbons.

Side by side

A close up of the ribbon.

That's all my crafty projects, what do you think?  I'd love to hear some feedback.

Erin
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006 04:23:30 PM by cawfeehowse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006 03:50:07 PM »

My fiance and I love games and puzzles so in addition to the cootie catchers I made a wedding word search.

Cute stuff, cawfeehowse - - but what's a "cootie catcher" Huh Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
cawfeehowse
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2006 06:05:07 PM »

Ooh!  Sorry!

This is the cootie catchers that I made:

and when its folded it'll looks like this:

It's like a fortune teller thing.  You spell out something and move the catcher... It's hard to explain.  Maybe the instructions will help:

Wedding Fortune Teller

How to Play:

Pick a Name or Date
Open and Close the fortune teller once for each letter
Pick a word on the inside flap and Count again
Pick one Last Time & Open that Flap
Read the Fortune & Fulfillnyour Destiny
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet and Change Color Without Knots
How to Make a Wallet from a Computer Keyboard
How to Make Emergency Sunglasses Out Of Duct Tape
How to Make a Custom Faceplate for Your Xbox 360
How to Make a Pink Eraser Casing for a USB Drive
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...