A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 221230 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sabriel
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2007 01:22:59 PM »

Hello all!  I'm happy to join in on the wedding craftalong!

My wedding is on August 18, 2007.  It's coming up so quick!   Shocked

I am hoping to make the following:
Save the Date Postcards
Invitations
Thank You Cards - bought at store
Wedding Programs
Ring Bearer Pillow - Decided against ring bearer
Wedding Website - Didn't happen
Centerpieces - ended up just getting a florist (must easier than the stress from having my mom do it)
Placecards
Table Numbers
Favors
Guest basket for bathrooms (mints, shout wipes, pins, etc.)

My mom wants to make our bouquets and buttoners but I feel the need to be involved in that process (especially since we don't always agree on what I like  Tongue)

I've been having the wedding dreams as well.  Last night I dreamt that it was the day of the wedding and we didn't have a bunch of things.  I was able to laugh it off until I realized we didn't have our marriage license!   Undecided

Edit 8/6/07 - I ended up having to let go of wanting to make lots of things for the wedding.  The time constraints of working full time were just too much.  On the flip side, I'm much more relaxed for having let things go.  Smiley  Pictures of what I did get to will appear soon!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007 04:09:50 PM by Sabriel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: May 29, 2007 12:24:57 PM »

Well, I had my first wedding nightmare last night.  Pretty good considering we've been planning it since January and it's in August.  In it, I was late, didn't have my hair done, didn't have my makeup done, didn't have any shoes (!), the dress was dirty, there were no flowers, etc.  Ironically, my biggest fear that the dress won't fit wasn't in the dream.  Oh well.  I hope I don't have one of those again.  That was not fun.

The dream issues, though, are the last things I have left to do.  So one big cheer!  I need to take photos, but almost all my crafty stuff is done.

List of things I've finished:
  • Save the Date cards
  • Invitations (these were a real bitch since I was inexperienced and unorganized, but now I know how to do better!)
  • Flower girl presents
  • Centerpieces
  • Wedding website (techie crafty)
  • Favors (ready to fill with candy sooner to the date)
  • Programs (designed, ready to print)
  • Guestbook (we're using cut out paper pieces for people to sign, then they will be placed into a scrapbook)

Things I've started:
  • Print O' the Wave stole - about 1/3 of the length done; using Kidsilk Haze
  • Bridesmaids gifts - bought fabric and pattern to make them nice evening bags
  • Eyelet skirt to change into as we leave the reception - so far I've tested the pattern, and figured out any modifications I need.  Now I just have to buy the eyelet fabric and get goin'
  • Our Vows - not a physical craft, but we're writing our own.  We've been brainstorming, and have a few ideas, but we're a long way off yet.

To Do:
Really, it's almost all non-crafty things to do like find a hairdresser, buy shoes, etc.  I do need to figure out what I will do if I don't fit into my dress though.  Scary!  There aren't any major crafty things left, but semi-crafty things left are placecards, seating chart, and bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding party (my fiance's aunt is a florist, so she's helping and teaching me, all at the cost to her of flowers).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
greyshadeofblack
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2007 11:01:50 AM »

Whew, so I'm kinda jumping in at the last minute. Lord knows why, I've been reading this this thread scince before I got engaged.
So, Im getting married in 5 weeks. Im 20, and feel a little self concious for being so young, but ya'll make me feel better.
I'm making our centerpieces, my hubbys buttonier, the flowers, my shoes, my jewlery, and all of the linens. I'm thinking I'll screen print everything with our monogram.
Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jeweledmonkey
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2007 11:23:39 AM »

Well, I had my first wedding nightmare last night.  Pretty good considering we've been planning it since January and it's in August.  In it, I was late, didn't have my hair done, didn't have my makeup done, didn't have any shoes (!), the dress was dirty, there were no flowers, etc.  Ironically, my biggest fear that the dress won't fit wasn't in the dream.  Oh well.  I hope I don't have one of those again.  That was not fun.

I wonder if everyone has these nightmares because you described the basic issues in the two or three nightmares I had a couple of months before my wedding. And I feared my dress wouldn't fit too even after it got altered and I tried it on. And it did fit, so try not to think about it until right before the wedding. Smiley

greyshadeofblack Congrats! Good luck with your to-do's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2007 08:48:56 PM »

Whew, so I'm kinda jumping in at the last minute. Lord knows why, I've been reading this this thread scince before I got engaged.
So, Im getting married in 5 weeks. Im 20, and feel a little self concious for being so young, but ya'll make me feel better.
I'm making our centerpieces, my hubbys buttonier, the flowers, my shoes, my jewlery, and all of the linens. I'm thinking I'll screen print everything with our monogram.
Sarah

Lots of people try and change your mind when you get married "so young". The truth is, you two are in love, and starting a married life at a younger age is a gift. I believe that it will allow you to bond much more, and (if you decide to have children soon), you can even enjoy the empty nest at the prime of your life!

I've thought all of this through  Wink I'm getting married in 2008, and I'll be 21 then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #265 on: June 01, 2007 07:12:52 AM »

Sarah

Lots of people try and change your mind when you get married "so young". The truth is, you two are in love, and starting a married life at a younger age is a gift. I believe that it will allow you to bond much more, and (if you decide to have children soon), you can even enjoy the empty nest at the prime of your life!

I've thought all of this through  Wink I'm getting married in 2008, and I'll be 21 then.

i'm going to be 22 when my wedding day comes around, and i'm still getting the "wow, you're a baby!" stuff when people find out i'm engaged (i'm 21 now, so not really a baby at all...) - i just try not to worry about it and remember that when it's right, it's right, and it doesn't matter whether others think you're old enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2007 10:51:31 PM »

My Invitations: I got all the paper materials from http://www.paper-source.com.  Sage green cardstock with cream (soft white) paper.  I laid them out using Adobe Illustrator, and the flowers and RSVP are all rubber stamped.  I changed up some fonts and decided against using the gold, as posted below under RSVP.  They went out last week and I got my first confirmed guest RSVP today!  All my wedding crafts are being kept in this post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=150323.0

Outside:

Inside:

Closeup of Invitation card:

New RSVP card:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007 10:52:17 PM by halblingefrau » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

*MAR*
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2007 07:05:59 AM »

Halblingefrau, your invitations, rsvp's and pocketfolds are absolutely stunning. So, how many did you make? I totally love them! Fantastic work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2007 10:08:02 AM »

Gorgeous invitations! Amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

« Reply #269 on: June 02, 2007 11:44:55 AM »

Halblingefrau, your invitations, rsvp's and pocketfolds are absolutely stunning. So, how many did you make? I totally love them! Fantastic work!

I made a total of 50 invitations (assembled), and I probably have enough materials (already printed and stamped) to make about 10 more.  It definately took a long time, but it was worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Scrapbook Cover
How to Make a Soda Bottle Rocket
How to Make a Scarf Out of an Old T-Shirt
How to Make a Sturdy Tote from Plastic Shopping Bags
How to Make a Spring Daisy Chain
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...