A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,788
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 225616 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

march
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2007 05:48:23 AM »

I have to say I've had several nightmares about the wedding. Normally it starts off nice, but then suddenly there's so many things wrong.

And I've never had a dream wedding in the right place! We're getting married at this really quirky, old, beautiful mansion, but in my dreams it's always my parents field or this weird church I've never even been to...

On that note though, I have only done ONE thing on my list!! Gasp. I need to get cracking or my nightmares truly will come true.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Murphy88

My Mom made and designed my dress!!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2007 08:36:14 AM »

I sympathize with all you nightmare havers. I dreamt that I forgot to write my vows and had to make them up on the spot. I also dreamt that I was wearing a boxing outfit instead of a wedding dress and my dad was giving me a pep talk before I was to walk down the aisle. I had another one where my parents planned the whole wedding because I was too busy and they ordered gold tuxedoes and a blue and red lace dress and we got married in an Evangelical church instead of ouside at an estate. It was so weird and not me at all so I cried... in the dream.

I only have two months left and a million things to do. At least school is almost over so I can completely dedicate my time to crafts!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rocknrollfun

i live in the church of craft & everyday's sunday.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 11, 2007 09:05:50 AM »

I am March!  I bought some shantung silk 2" wired ribbon to loop through & tie a bow on the day.  It's really pretty against the pearls, plus that's what my dress is made of!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2007 09:34:22 AM »

TheBon - All your crafts look so professional. I think with mine you can tell they're hand-made. I posted a pic of my placecards and nobody said anything so I guess that tells me they suck! Sad

I can't remember most of my wedding dreams but a big theme in them seems to be my sleeping through the entire reception. When I wake up (in my dream) everyone is leaving and telling me what a great time they had. I was pissed off so I started planning another one! Oh the Stress of it all. I'm getting married this July and I have SO much to do. I'm starting to get a little stressed which I thought would never happen to me. OY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2007 09:37:46 AM »

TheBon - All your crafts look so professional. I think with mine you can tell they're hand-made. I posted a pic of my placecards and nobody said anything so I guess that tells me they suck! Sad

Sucks to be a nobody. Sad

Whoops...I meant to put my updated placecards here but its a page back. Sorry.  Shocked

Your placecards are lovely! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chrissiemags
Chrissie's Custom Creations

Is there such a thing as too much fabric or ribbon

« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2007 09:41:10 AM »

oh, beautiful wreath..I love that it isn't flowers, very unique!  Great job, well worth the 8 hours LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chrissie's Custom Creations
~Offering Laser Cut Scrapbook Embellishments~ Trendy & Classic Hair Accessories~ Cute as Can be Bottle Cap Images~Bottle Cap Jewelry
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2007 10:24:06 AM »

I meant to tell you they looked lovely, but things get buried really quickly in threads that move like this. You can always start a thread with all of your wedding projects in one place for more attention.

And I think I said this in another thread, but my crafts look "professional" for three reasons: 1. I take decent photos [sometimes spending way too much time taking said photos] 2. I am ungodly anal about projects and 3. I have a degree in design and have worked as a graphic designer for 4 years. Trust me, if I was trying to sew something, they'd not look professional at all. I just have a lot of time into training myself and building skills.

OH! And I think I've decided I'm going to try to rope my band of local craftsters [fyberduck, ewe_spinster and yarnmafia] into helping me attempt to paint the lanterns with watercolors. And if not, we'll just use less lanterns I think.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007 10:28:44 AM by TheBon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2007 11:11:05 AM »

YAY compliments! Thanks guys! I only took those two pics so they don't look as good as in real life, plus they're not finished obviously. I don't have the table layout yet so I can't make the seating plan until I get it (hopefully tonight).

That makes me feel SO MUCH better TheBon. I was wondering how the hell you are so talented (the shawl is gorgeous) and still be pretty young. I can't wait to see pics of your wedding. I'm sure it will be breathtaking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
midnight7649
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2007 12:40:04 PM »

oh thats so pretty!! I wish I woulda thought of this for the front doors for my wedding! :O)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2007 05:18:02 PM »

Alrighty ladies... I'm officially adding myself to the Crafty Wedding Craftalong list! Hubby and I are actually married already - long story short = we did the quickie court house thing for travel/work reasons and are now planning the "real deal" for summer 2008. My DIY to do list looks as follows for now:

- Save the dates
- Invitations
- Programs
- Menus
- Seating cards
- Centerpieces
- Gifts for maids and groomsmen
- Favors
and possibly (depending on the dress) felted flowers for me, maids, hubby, and groomsmen.
I would LOVE to do this, who wouldn't want felted calla lillies and orchids? But am afraid that a felted bouquet may not look right if I go with a very fancy gown... This would definitely be the most time consuming project, since most of the list is paper work and I am confident in my paper skills! We'll see if I decide to take this on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Unique Braid and Messy Bun
Britney Spears Inspired Hair and Make Up Tutorial
Carrie Underwood Inspired Hair and Makeup Tutorial
How to Create a Hair Side Braid with Ribbon
Tinkerbell Fairy Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...