A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 217738 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 25, 2013 05:04:31 PM »

I'm not currently planning, but I'm always up for wedding talk!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Elyssia
« Reply #1761 on: February 25, 2013 05:50:34 PM »

Thanks sweets Smiley I went to my favourite 'everything's 1' charity shop today and bought some clothes made of gorgeous fabrics which are now chopped up and ready to be made into flowers. Going to try a few different designs that i've found tutes for online and see which are the nicest. Will hopefully have some progress pictures ready for tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftermath - noun - The resulting and overwhelming mess that is left lying about after a full session of creative pursuits

'To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.'

"A day without chocolate is not worth living" - Michel Roux Jr., 2 Michelin stars Smiley
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 25, 2013 06:21:35 PM »

Gah, I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylwa

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1763 on: February 26, 2013 09:06:17 AM »

I am planning!

Actually getting panics attacks on daily bases. OUr date is October 5th 2013

I just ordered bridesmaids dresses and then my bridesmaid told me she hates it. I wanted to cry.

There is so much stuff I want to make but not enough time. One thing I will be doing for sure is growing bunch of gourds, pumpkins and strawflowers in my backyard for decorations  Grin

I am trying to figure out if I can grow something else that could be used in the wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 26, 2013 09:34:32 AM »

I am planning!

Actually getting panics attacks on daily bases. OUr date is October 5th 2013

I just ordered bridesmaids dresses and then my bridesmaid told me she hates it. I wanted to cry.

There is so much stuff I want to make but not enough time. One thing I will be doing for sure is growing bunch of gourds, pumpkins and strawflowers in my backyard for decorations  Grin

I am trying to figure out if I can grow something else that could be used in the wedding.

Aww, I LOVE that you are going to grow things that can be used as decorations.  Now that is crafty!

I can't believe your bridesmaid said that. Sad  Do you have a link to your dresses?  I'd love to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylwa

« Reply #1765 on: February 26, 2013 10:32:39 AM »

here is a link of polyvore set my other bridesmaid created ( she actually loves the dress ) http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=73345685
I am just deciding between orange and black shoes right now. I told my "I-hate-it" BM that I will alter the neckline for her - she thinks it looks like it's for old women. Meaning, if it doesnt show boobs it's ugly and for old people  /facepalm

but I love her dearly and I want her to be happy with the dress Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elyssia
« Reply #1766 on: February 26, 2013 02:52:11 PM »

I love your bridesmaid dresses, very sweet and pretty Smiley I also like the idea of pumpkins and natural decorations for an Autumn wedding, super thrifty that you're growing them yourself too. What colour is your dress going to be?

I'm making progress with my flowers, tried out 6 different types. Feeling a bit 'fumey' from melting the edges of some of the fabrics, scary how quickly they melted into plastic considering that they're clothes though  Shocked Also very very glad I decided to keep a bowl of water nearby as it turns out some of the fabric wasn't melty synthetic, and was cotton based and promptly set on fire  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftermath - noun - The resulting and overwhelming mess that is left lying about after a full session of creative pursuits

"A day without chocolate is not worth living" - Michel Roux Jr., 2 Michelin stars Smiley
Sylwa

« Reply #1767 on: March 11, 2013 01:23:34 PM »

I am checking in with some good news  Grin

the bridesmaids dresses got delivered and my BM tried it on and it fits her like a glove - no alterations needed. She still doesnt like it but will wear it without complaining so yay!

I also booked a DJ! I went on thumbtack and got few quotes, mainly in the $600-1000 range and then this guy gave me a quote of $475 for 4 hours of play and lights so I met with him and he is great and actually ended up signing contract for 6 hours of play + lights for $450! I think that is an amazing price and he got excellent reviews.

My dress will be probably cream color, undecided on that yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elyssia
« Reply #1768 on: March 12, 2013 07:47:16 AM »

Glad things are working out for you Smiley I think orange shoes would look great with a cream/white coloured dress

I don't really have anything to report Sad Fabric flowers are making progress but I'm cutting out all the shapes at once, then going to flame the ones that need flaming together, then assemble them together so all I  have at the moment is a box of petals and strips
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 12, 2013 09:39:32 AM »

Ooh, that is great that she will wear it!  One more thing off the list.

Wow, Elyssia, that sounds like quite a process.  I can't wait to see the results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Secret to Applying False Eyelashes
Tips For Wearing Lip Liner
Top 4 Ways to Treat Dry Skin
Body-Positive Communities: A Force For Good
The Biggest Makeup Mistakes Women Over 40 Make
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...