A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
316 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 223389 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 05, 2009 09:25:35 AM »

At my friend's wedding, instead of having disposable cameras on the reception tables, they had a laptop set up at the reception with a 5-1 in card reader hooked to it.  She had a framed note that asked everyone to upload their photos from the wedding and reception.  She ended up with a TON of photos.

You could purchase a Canon 20D on Craigslist for just a few hundred dollars for her to use, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
LinzSerena
« Reply #1601 on: March 05, 2009 10:51:25 AM »

Oh nice Sweets! I like that idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
---------------------------------------------
"All great achievements require time" ~Maya Angelou
thekster
« Reply #1602 on: March 05, 2009 10:30:19 PM »

I remembered the computer thing, but then realized I wouldn't have the things to connect to everybody's camera. I'll have to look into the 5-in-1 thing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 05, 2009 10:58:01 PM »

5 in 1s are cool.  They accept basically any size card people have in their cams.

I guess the only thing cooler would be a 12-in-1. Cheesy  Here's one.  It's cheap.  http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10299066
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
LinzSerena
« Reply #1604 on: March 06, 2009 07:39:12 AM »

You can get a 5-in-1 or a 12-in-1 and also get a usb cable so you can directly connect the camera.
Here's an example here:
http://www.opentip.com/Electronics-Computers/Ft-Usb-Cable-For-Canon-p-645916.html

If there is a circuit city near you - you might be able to get wicked deals right now. They are only open another 3 or so days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
---------------------------------------------
"All great achievements require time" ~Maya Angelou
thekster
« Reply #1605 on: March 06, 2009 01:43:50 PM »

Wow, both of those are a lot cheaper than I was expecting! I just realized that my computer has a little slot that would probably fit a few different cards. I don't know what everything means, but it says "SD*MS/Pro*MMC*XD" I just use it for my SD card so I didn't even think about that. Should I still get one of those 5-in-1 (pshhh I'd be getting the 12-in-1 if I got one hehe)?
And we do have a Circuit City (or two) near us but the one we went to was pretty much wiped out. Then again, I wasn't looking for camera stuff so maybe I can convince my boy to go with me to look again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

lindseyeatworld
« Reply #1606 on: March 20, 2009 10:34:13 PM »

theKster: I would probably go ahead and get the 12-in-1 reader.  That seems like it would cover all of your bases, rather than just hoping most people have cards that will fit in your computer.  I don't know that much about computers, but from what you wrote, it looks like that would accept 3 or 4 cards at the most.  The 12-in-1 is so cheap it's definitely worth it I think.
In fact, I love this idea and I will probably be doing this as well! Great ideas ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindseyeatworld
« Reply #1607 on: March 21, 2009 02:40:01 AM »

Hey everyone!  I am really excited to post here.  Get ready for a long list, because this girl is in wedding/craft obsession mode!
I have spent hours reading through this post, and I still haven't read it all, but I have been jotting down notes of things I want to try to craft.  The whole wedding is going to be pretty much DIY.  We are getting married at my family's cabin.  It's got a mountain in the back yard and a river running through the front yard.  It is wild and woodsy - it doesn't have a manicured lawn AT ALL, so the feeling will be pretty casual and laid-back, which fits us.  I will post pictures after the next time I go up there.  We are going for a subtle woodsy natural theme.  We are a little hazy on the budget at the moment, so beyond the location there aren't many details that are nailed down, but we're working as fast as we can to hammer out some plans because the wedding is in September! Six months! Eep!
Our colors were inspired by the colors of our eyes.  Mine are blue and his are green and our favorite colors are blue and green as well.  We've always considered those colors special, so of course they had to be the wedding colors.  I am having a hard time deciding on shades though, so I decided to go with two blues and two greens that will all coordinate.  That way, I will have more flexibility.  I decided on sage and clover greens with dusty sky and deep cerulean blue.  I hope that makes sense!
Anyway, here's my list.  If you have any suggestions or feedback I am totally open!

Invites - I am a little nervous about these, but we made our own Graduation Announcements a few months ago.  They turned out wonderfully and everyone loved them, so I think we'll be able to pull this off.
After-Party Invites - These will be easy and simple - probably a colorful design on plain white paper.  We are having a dry wedding and reception to please our families, but we are throwing an after-party for our friends.  Of course we want to party on OUR day!
Recipe Cards for Guest Book Alternative - I got this awesome idea here on Craftster!  We are going to tuck little recipe cards into each invitation and ask the guests to give us a favorite recipe, piece of advice, or quotation.  Then we will collect them all in a cute recipe box.  My fiance is an amateur chef so we thought this would be really special and unique.  To simplify this, we may just do fancied-up index cards.
Programs
Archway - My fiance will be building this, as well as a stage-like platform.
Welcome Board or Video - Since it is outdoors, we may go the non-technology route and do a scrapbook-type Welcome Sign with pictures of us and our family.  Or, we may make a video and borrow my fiance's brother's projector and screen.
Flower Girl Basket
Ring Pillow
Flowers: Bouquets, Corsages, Boutonnieres
- I am excited to do this myself!  I love working with flowers and I am not afraid of imperfection.  I like bouquets that are more "casually thrown together" and less "perfect."  I am probably going to use the roses and hydrangeas Wedding In a Box at growersbox.com.  I will likely use white roses and blue hydrangeas.  I may also incorporate evergreen boughs and other natural items (twigs, foliage, etc.) that can be found in the backyard of the cabin.  We'll see how that goes...
Centerpieces - I am debating about using my antique depression glass plates as the base of the centerpieces, but that could be dangerous.  I am also thinking about incorporating evergreen boughs and river rocks straight from the backyard.
Card Box or Basket
Cake Topper
- DONE!  I made these little ones out of Sculpey Clay and I LOVE them!

Favor Alternative - We are not doing favors.  Instead, we are making a donation on behalf of each guest to the American Cancer Society in memory of my stepdad who passed away from cancer a couple of years ago.  We'll be putting out frames with a small picture of him and an explanation.  Should I put them on each table or just on the guestbook or gift tables?
Wedding Party Gifts - We are thinking of giving the guys a nice pocketknife - perhaps monogrammed somehow.  This is a very expensive idea, though!  For the ladies, we are thinking of picnic baskets with various nice handmade items and/or handmade jewelry.  The problem is we have a LARGE wedding party, so keeping costs in check is a biggie.

Whew!  All this, plus we may be doing our own food and cake! But my fiance and my dad both cook and we have a friend who used to work for a catering company, so he can helps us plan and maybe even hook us up with a wholesale food connection.

Please note that all of my ideas have either been blatantly stolen or at least took inspiration from ideas on this forum. I am sorry that I didn't offer credit for each thing, because I have been gathering these ideas over several days so I can't remember where they all came from.  Thank you all for sharing your amazing and beautiful ideas!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009 02:56:35 AM by lindseyeatworld » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1608 on: March 22, 2009 07:34:43 AM »

lindseyeatworld- my husband was a groomsman in a wedding last summer and his gift was a leatherman micra. Tiny and available for twenty dollars on amazon.com. That thing is so awesome and handy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
thekster
« Reply #1609 on: March 22, 2009 09:30:39 PM »

I'm married!
There were a lot of crafted things that got forgotten (forgotten to be used, or couldn't be found) but all in all, it was a pretty fantastic wedding, if I do say so myself.
We ended up having four people taking pictures, two with professional(looking) cameras. So hopefully out of all of them, we'll end up with some good pics. I still need to pack but hopefully we'll have some pics by the time we get back.
WOOOOO MARRIAGE!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Healthy Hair Care and Styling Tips
Hair Loss Treatments for Women
Exciting Advancements In Hair Care and Hair Loss
How to Fake Highlights in Your Hair
DIY: Texturizing Sea Salt Hair Spray
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...