A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 213718 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

star_inmypocket
« Reply #1550 on: November 19, 2008 03:51:28 PM »

Sunnydays I love the invitation! It's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination? -Jung

http://LuluMcCleary.etsy.com
http://thelifeoflulubelle.wordpress.com
http://pinterest.com/lulumccleary/
elottino
« Reply #1551 on: November 20, 2008 04:13:00 PM »

So, I haven't posted in awhile because it was so hectic right before the wedding.  We got married a month ago now, but we got pictures back yesterday, so I have to show you what I ended up making.

Masks (favors)

I molded 160 masks, and my family and friends helped decorate them.

Origami Lotus Centerpieces

A couple of friends, my sister and I made 40 of these, with 22 petals in each flower (880 petals).

Table numbers and seating cards

Flower girl dresses

I really enjoyed doing the work, and it helped our budget!  I ended up cutting my list in half, but the things we didn't do (like menu and program) weren't missed.  At one point I thought about doing the cake myself, but I'm glad I decided against that! 

If you can include your friends and family in the work, it helps.  We had two parties for decorating masks, and it was so much fun.  If you think you can't let go of control over your projects, just make sure that the basics are what you want, and everything will be fine.  I had to laugh when my father-in-law took a pretty mask and made this:

I'm going to post more pics on the Love your Wedding thread.
And we have non-crafty pics on flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dusty_fry/sets/72157608461170516/show/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008 04:17:39 PM by elottino » THIS ROCKS   Logged

deenabean
« Reply #1552 on: November 23, 2008 07:06:42 PM »

awesome, awesome, awesome.  i don't know what else to say.  would love to see pics of the actual event. - Tracy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take time to make time for yourself.
moobicus
« Reply #1553 on: December 10, 2008 02:10:12 PM »

Hello everyone.  There are some great ideas in this thread, thanks everyone for sharing  Smiley

I'm getting married next year.  We haven't set a date yet but it will probably be either the end of September or the beginning of October.  I'm really excited about all the crafting I'm going to be doing for it  Smiley
Does anyone have any cheap and easy ideas for seating?  As we are on a very tight budget I think we'll end up having the reception at our flat and I want everyone to be able to sit down whilst they eat and drink.  I looked into hiring chairs but the quotes i've been given so far are pretty expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherryvixen
« Reply #1554 on: January 25, 2009 02:44:42 PM »

elottino: I am in love love with those masks....

I just got engaged this xmas and am planning to get married whenever we save some cash.. haha hopefully sooner than later:)
I have an idea for a bb-q carnival wedding.
~I am planning to go with dasies or lilacs or both and have a deep purple/yellow colour scheme, but I am not picky about things matching and would love a really colourful wedding.
~I want to have favors that are like fake moustaches and little piggy noses and funny glasses, etc. I even thought about funny headband ears and wings...masques?
~pinatas with candy and maybe mini liquor bottles?  (an adult and a kids pinata?) Plus candy in glass jars and Mini cupcake stands for center pieces.
~Trivia about the bride and groom with prizes for the winners?
~Invites will be made by me....
I have so many ideas and have only starting making lists. any fun ideas for me? Our wedding will be indoor/outdoor with lots of FUN and simplicity. we want our guest to walk away at the end of the night talking about how relaxed and enjoyable it was. Buffet-style picnic with lots of colour and pictures (via disposable cameras) to remember the day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~she said 'I'll throw myself away; they're only photos after all' ~*
Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1555 on: February 04, 2009 09:24:52 PM »

So, now that my wedding is over, I get to craft for my bffs wedding. She was the MOH for mine.

First:
Invites. Please feedback me! These are my 3 favorites. They are going into black folders with red matting.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3457/3255126950_1edc13e46e_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3302/3255126692_855776846a_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3061/3254297207_60ca986335_b.jpg

Which do you all like best? What should I change?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013 08:49:53 AM by rackycoo - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
Jewels1223
« Reply #1556 on: February 04, 2009 09:35:36 PM »

Personally, I like the bottom one the best - the font is clearly legible and the background flowers are gorgeous.

I also like the background of the top one, but the font doesn't seem to be as clearly readable (maybe just because it's smaller than the paper copy would be and its on a computer screen).

But all in all, I think the bride should choose Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #1557 on: February 04, 2009 09:55:08 PM »

My feelings on these:
The back ground in the first one seems too cluttered, maybe it would be better if the two sides of text were equal in width. The second one is super cute and more whimsical than the others. I think the last one has a beautiful background but the simple text (the names are okay) is too simple and kind of boring, especially since the right side of the background is white. So I guess my favorite is #2 but I don't know how it'll look with red and black matting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
thekster
« Reply #1558 on: February 05, 2009 01:42:38 AM »

I like the second one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1559 on: February 05, 2009 03:06:25 PM »

My favorite is definitely the second one.  These caught my eye since my sister's name is Tara Nicole!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Stars Looks For Less From Celeb Boutique
Capes No Longer For Superheroes
Prabal Gurung For Target
Celeb Inspired Funny Halloween Costumes
Target Announces Prabal Gurung Collaboration
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...