A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 305,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 279769 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

star_inmypocket
« Reply #1540 on: October 23, 2008 01:07:52 PM »

It might be cheaper to just buy them, I'm not sure. You can use your craftiness to decorate them. I have seen some cute votives wrapped in vellum and ribbon and such.... you might be able to find something here: http://www.diybride.com/index.php?s=votives

or tone down something like this... http://www.todays-weddings.com/crafts/archives/vellum_votives.php

Sorry I have been on a wedding planning role!

My favors are finished. We bought them straight, knotted them and labeled them "Marc and Lindsay tied the knot! 01.03.09":

I have made my photographer list and ceremony/reception list
Finalized the caterer plans
Bought all the candles
bought the marbles for the vases
Received my willowstems from flowerrus.com
Booked my trial hair appointment as well as final appointments with the priest, musician, and the cake lady
Borrowed and bought vases:
These were at IKEA for 2.50. They were at Michael's for 4.00

I also bought my square mirrors at IKEA (12 or 14 inch, I don't remember) 4 for 8 dollars when the cheapest I found them were at least 3 dollars each not counting shipping!
My invites are coming today, so I need to finish assembling them and send them off
I have our reception napkins that I need to match the ribbon to
Print monogram squares
Treat willow branches
Assemble centerpieces

I also saw these super cute crepe paper flowers on Martha Stewart online and I love them. I think I am going to try and make white peonies for the reception. We'll see how that goes.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008 01:13:43 PM by star_inmypocket » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination? -Jung

http://LuluMcCleary.etsy.com
http://thelifeoflulubelle.wordpress.com
http://pinterest.com/lulumccleary/
beehart
« Reply #1541 on: October 29, 2008 12:25:27 PM »

i found little wedding favor boxes on clearance at walmart (50 for $8!!  sweet!) and now i'm thinking about just using scented tealights (cheaper) and putting those in smaller holders.  i've seen some pumpkin spice ones for the fall season and when they go on clearance i think i'm going to just buy them up.  we'll see if i change my mind by then though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kneser
« Reply #1542 on: November 02, 2008 06:11:09 AM »

I love this thread, first off.  I just got engaged last weekend and spent most of the week reading/skimming through this entire post.  We are planning on getting married next year in September sometime and the wedding will be on the beach.  This is what I think I may craft:

-Save the date (cards?)
-Centerpieces
-Guest favors
-Veil
-Bridesmaids gifts (possibly knit wraps for them)
-Programs
-Card box
-Ring bearers "pillow" (I'm thinking a seashell filled with sand and set with wax)
-Table numbers
-Bouquets?
EDIT: - also I'll be barefoot, so I want to make an anklet/toe connector from beads

Also after reading these posts, I'm tempted to make my own invitations/thank you cards, but I'm a little intimidated about buying and using a gocco.  I haven't picked out what colors I want yet, so I haven't thought about starting anything yet either.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008 07:59:24 AM by kneser » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1543 on: November 02, 2008 08:39:59 AM »

Don't be intimidated about the gocco! It is so easy  and fast and I loved how my invites turned out. Even children can use a gocco! I say go for it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
kneser
« Reply #1544 on: November 03, 2008 04:45:02 AM »

I guess what I'm really intimidated about is designing the cards themselves.  Picking good coordinating colors, finding a nice pattern to make it interesting.  Picking a good font.  I'm still debating, but I at least know where I can get some (ebay, here I come!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1545 on: November 03, 2008 10:14:49 AM »

You can always do what Banga did and hire someone to work up the design and then you can print it yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1546 on: November 03, 2008 04:16:55 PM »

You can always do what Banga did and hire someone to work up the design and then you can print it yourself.

Exactly... I think I have someone I can recommend!  Wink Cough cough TheBon cough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Nostrum
Australian made and owned.

Don't dream it, be it.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1547 on: November 17, 2008 12:04:33 AM »

Hello there, luvverlies!
My brain's in a bit of a stink, and I dont think I can handle going through thousands of posts searching for invitation ideas.

I've been put in charge of a large majority of my brothers' wedding, and his Wife-To-Be wants to make super-cheap invitations [read: I'll be making them], I'm rather the crafty type, so this is no problem.
Have any of you seen wedding invitations that make you go "Oh my Lawdy, I do declare!" that have been done on the cheap?
We're thinking of a folding invitation, almost like a self-containing envelopecardthingamajig. She claims to like "swirly arty things", and the theme of the wedding, as it's in summer here in Aus [March 7th!] is a fairly white-'n-colours kind of theme. If you can call it that.

One of the other things I have to keep in concideration is that they were thinking of doing email invitations to a majority of their friends network, leaving invites to family members, and close friends. So the look of the invite needs to be translatable into a 2D jpeg, bearing similarities, but not being identical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep smiling - It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Looking for Australian personal swaps! [For now. I'll branch overseas when I can afford it!]
sunnydays914
« Reply #1548 on: November 18, 2008 03:19:03 PM »

Were you planning on making the invites digitally and getting them printed or printing them yourselves or more of a papercraft approach?

My invites were folded/self-contained and my DH made them in photoshop.

This is the basic idea. I can get more specific if needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nostrum
Australian made and owned.

Don't dream it, be it.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1549 on: November 18, 2008 04:37:36 PM »

Oh that's gorgeous!! Shocked

We plan to print them ourselves, but it'll practically only be the writing that's printed. I'll likely make up some stamps to use, and at the moment I'm refining my methods of watering down the ink so that the stamped image can be written over without cluttering everything up too much.
I already have one or two swirly designs up my sleeve, but it's fantastic to see it all put together. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep smiling - It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Looking for Australian personal swaps! [For now. I'll branch overseas when I can afford it!]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Dry Skin Remedies Found in Your Kitchen
Master the Cat Eye with a Gel Liner
How To Apply Deep Red Lip Stain
The Perfect Red Lip
The Ultimate, Customizable Cosmetic Case
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...