A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
817 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Wedding Craftalong!  (Read 216630 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding , martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elalew

www.lucybeancouture.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006 08:56:23 AM »

Ugh, I just made a long post and now it's gone Sad

Anyway, wanted to update with the crafts I've been working on!

I started on my pomanders for inside the gazebo and from the surrounding trees (cat shown for scale):

And we got the invitaitons finished and printed-- now I just have to address the last two envelopes and assemble stamp and mail the invites (ugh).  Here are the proofs (I haven't got pictures yet).

The paper "sash" that holds the whole packet together is simulated here-- it's actually made from a really pretty embossed, handmade paper I bought online. 

Kristiface...we have the same wedding date!! Its a great date isnt it? How do you make the pomanders? I would like something similar hanging where we will be dancing.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006 11:10:53 AM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristiface
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006 06:48:47 PM »

Kristiface...we have the same wedding date!! Its a great date isnt it? How do you make the pomanders? I would like something similar hanging where we will be dancing.

Thanks!!
[/quote]

It's such an awesome date!  The pomanders are EXTREMELY simple.  I bought about $100 worth of silk mums on sale, and that will make about 8 or 9 pomanders, I think, using 6" floral balls.  I clipped all of the blooms off of my silk flowers about 2-3 inches from the bloom.  I just pushed the stem into the styrofoam; I think I will use hot glue to secure them as I go along just to be on the safe side.  Then, I'm going to tie clear twine around the balls and then hang them with a ribbon.  If you use the greenery to fill in spaces on the pomanders, you could probably make the flowers go a lot longer.  I'm just not having greenery in my bouquets, etc., so they would look out of place in my pomanders. 

How much do you have left to go for projects and planning?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
elalew

www.lucybeancouture.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006 10:26:45 AM »

Thanks!!

It's such an awesome date!  The pomanders are EXTREMELY simple.  I bought about $100 worth of silk mums on sale, and that will make about 8 or 9 pomanders, I think, using 6" floral balls.  I clipped all of the blooms off of my silk flowers about 2-3 inches from the bloom.  I just pushed the stem into the styrofoam; I think I will use hot glue to secure them as I go along just to be on the safe side.  Then, I'm going to tie clear twine around the balls and then hang them with a ribbon.  If you use the greenery to fill in spaces on the pomanders, you could probably make the flowers go a lot longer.  I'm just not having greenery in my bouquets, etc., so they would look out of place in my pomanders. 

How much do you have left to go for projects and planning?
[/quote]

Well we are having a small wedding in our garden, so its mainly getting that in order and flowers planted or in planters. My entire porch will be turned into a morocan looking ceiling/walls ( I have a covered patio/porch) and that is where we can have dancing. It will be in the evening so its going to be a Chamgpane/Dessert buffet. I just ordered the paper for invites ( thanks to help from your links) and it should be here at the end of the week. I only have about 18 invites to make, so it shouldnt be too time consuming. Then I am going to make programs into fans since its going to be outside in Aug,  kind of killing 2 birds with one stone so to speak. Then its a matter of decorating inside and ordering the food and such. My sister loves to bake so she is doing some of the finger desserts. Everything else we have designed, just needs to be printed and put together, which I think will be the most fun. Most of the guests are from out of town, so the bridal shower is going to be on the thursday before the wedding while my fiancee and his men go get their tuxes and go to Dave and Busters for lunch. Other than that, we have the girls dresses, my dress, flower girl dress, I still need to buy the ring bearers suit which I found on ebay for $40 new ( can you believe it) rather than renting for $150. Just a few DIY projects left that, as the items come in the mail, I can do. I ordered just about everything online, so as it comes, I make it or get it ready. Its been such a blast and because we are having it at home, we were able to use some of the money to redecorate the livingroom with new furniture and accessories.

How is yours going?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristiface
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006 06:57:05 PM »

We have an early RSVP date for our venue's head count.  So I have to get our invites out by the second week of June and no later, which means that I need to get my MOH over to my house and start assembling (they're all addressed, but I need to get a return address stamp for the back flap).  I have a TON of really small, short, easy projects to undertake in the next month, then meet withou my vendors.  But we have just closed on our house in the last week so we'll be busy working on that in our spare time-- I have no idea how I'm going to fit this all in... and then dress fittings, vendor meetings, etc. to finalize plans.  My wedding is a bit bigger than yours (~125 people will come, with about 207 invited)... though I think I would have been happier with something smaller.  Anyway, that's where I am right now with the planning. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Charles Du Bos
ermellina
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006 07:53:37 PM »

Our big day is November 11 2006

The list of crafts thus far:
Save the date
Tiara
Veil

Ring boy and sampler pillow

knit purse for matron of honor
wreath for door
place cards
table cards
programs
our engagement album
favors
thank you cards

My betrothed gets all the credit for the save the dates. Go to my blog and click on January 2006

my veil and tiara and ring boy pillows are under February 2006
The sampler was made for me by a coworker. I sewed it up into a pillow and made another using leftover fabric from my dining room valances....good thing it's has our wedding colors in it  Grin

I had posted the pictures, but the links seem to break too easily.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006 05:44:08 AM by ermellina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyceAnna Memory Works Independent Consultant #462
http://designdolcezza.etsy.com
cawfeehowse
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006 12:41:30 PM »

Anyone get anything has any updates on their wedding crafts progress?

Erin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristiface
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006 08:30:58 PM »

I updated a few days ago-- but as of tonight, I have ALL of my invitations (minus 2) assembled, stuffed and ready to go into the mail as soon as I erase my pencil lines off the front of the envelopes (easy peasy).  Eek!  Invitations go out next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Charles Du Bos
kristiface
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006 09:13:06 PM »

Okay... more progress.  Invitations were mailed out yesterday-- I've already received a phone call from a friend saying she LOVED them Smiley  Yay! 

I just finished my reserved seating cards for the first two rows at the wedding.  Hooray!  Next to-do is to finish the pomanders and make the card box.  Zipping right along ... 2 months and 1 week to go!

Sorry for the craptastic photos.  I did what I could Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Charles Du Bos
kristinp36
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006 10:05:50 AM »

Here are some of my DIY items:

CAKE TOPPER

REHEARSAL DINNER INVITES

INVITES

HAIRPINS

CENTERPIECES

UPCLOSE OF CENTERPIECE

CD FAVORS

THIS ROCKS   Logged
hurricane_sc
Oh, Kara.

The people all call her Alaska.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006 10:43:21 AM »

Those are the most gorgeous invitations I have ever seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! Just ask me about them! I have tons of fabric to trade for maybe other fabric..or knitted or crochet items!!!

For swap partners:
http://librarianintherye.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Nicole Scherzinger Updo
How to Do a Curly Updo Inspired by Rihanna
How to Get Voluminous, Curly Hair at Home
How to Hone the Bohemian Minimalist Hair Look
The Best Bangs to Flatter Your Face Shape
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...