A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kangaroo doll?  (Read 5511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lrschic
« on: July 07, 2004 11:19:21 AM »

After I found this section on craftster, I just HAD to post a picture of this kangaroo animal/doll that I have. Just last year I 'inherited' it from my grandma's aunt who died. I didn't even know this lady existed..  Sad and boy was I sad to found out what I'd missed. I went with my grandma to her aunt martha's to help her organize a bit of her stuff left after the estate sale.. and craftsters... SHE WAS AS CRAFTY AS THEY COME!  Sad
I always pictured myself as the blacksheep of the family. NO ONE I know loves crafting like me and SHE did. I was so distraught and I didn't even know her. Her house had been cluttered with dolls and everything else that she had made, but my gram said most sold in the estate sale INCLUDING yarn, tools, and a sewing machine! I could've died! Anyways... here is the kangaroo she made.. it's a funky blue, black and white print fabric with embroidered details for its face, ears, leg, AND baby roo in a pocket. It also has a stretchy band (think leg warmer) around its neck which adds to the "cuteness" of it. Although I never met her.. I'm glad to know that the'craft' gene trickled down somewhere and that I get to keep something she made.  Smiley

p.s. sorry if the image is bad.. probably doesn't do it justice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
a besoin de parler
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004 11:28:47 AM »

I'm glad you got to know your roots a little... that is SO cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004 11:37:44 AM »

It's always nice to find a connection to someone that we never had the opportunity to know. I'm sure she is tickled pink that you found her, wherever she is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Smurfette

lemonlimedesign.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004 07:55:48 AM »

aww how cute is that Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not yet seen

http://lemonlimedesign.etsy.com
merwing

Push the button Frank.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004 12:54:32 PM »

Oh my goodness, my mom had the patterns for these when I was a kid. There were several other animals besides the kangaroo but that's the one I had. (Mine was gray and pink) My mom babysat quadruplets (yes, 4) when I was a kid and she made us each one. I think there was a cat, dog, maybe an elephant, I don't know for sure. I don't have mine anymore. Sad I love this one! The turtleneck on him is cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittybitch
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004 09:46:55 PM »

I'm a lurker here, have been for a few months, but just had to say that a few months ago I told my mom I was getting into sewing and the first thing she gives me is this exact pattern. I have the original pattern. How bizzare. I had no idea  these patterns were so popular back then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deadpixel

Even Lois Lane loves Edward G. Robinson.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004 09:53:26 AM »

when my mum was teaching me to sew, she used that pattern.  i made the dog, out of blue gingam.  i wonder if i still have it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can see a lot of the world from railings."
- Ringo
carolynjane
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004 12:53:47 PM »

Oh my god!!! I gasped when I saw that incredibly precious kangaroo -- it brought tears to my eyes. Honestly!!

I used to make these for my nieces. Oh the sweet joy and simplicity of a homemade stuffed animal. Why in the world would anyone buy something in a store when you can make something as precious as that kangaroo?

Thanks so much for sharing your kangaroo. Hold on to that treasure forever!

Carolyn

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is just one grand sweet song, so start the music."
MtyAphrdti
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004 09:53:41 PM »

on the other end of the spectrum i have a crochet pattern book from the 60s-70s called needlecrafter and it's got a HIDEOUS kangaroo crocheted including a pouch and baby...the pic has the thing almost the size of a small child!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stringofpearls
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009 10:14:10 PM »

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Barbecue Shrimp With Maze Jackson in Chicago, IL
6 Tips For Grilling Perfect Burgers: Labor Day Cooking Essentials
Recipe Twist: BBLT Sandwich
Lobster Corn Dog Recipe
The Secret to Perfect Buffalo Wings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...