A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tissue paper envelopes *Tutorial added*  (Read 29627 times)
Tags for this thread: tissue_paper , tutorial , envelope , gift_wrap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006 12:38:09 PM »

I still haven't had a chance to try the grocery bag thing.  Here's the site I got the idea from (<--- click me Wink).  It's only a one page article and a fairly quick read.

*edited*
 to say thanks for all the nice comments everyone!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006 12:40:13 PM by night_owl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
princessblueberry
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006 09:27:25 PM »

Did anyone else have a problem with the freezer paper not sticking to the tissue paper?  For some reason I could not get this to work  Undecided 

LOL, maybe next time I'll try a higher heat setting instead of tossing the project out  Cheesy must be PMS. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006 10:18:38 PM »

very cool. thanks for the tute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006 10:26:45 PM »

Very pretty.  I'm going to have to make some of these to put the cards I make in.  EXCELLENT tutorial!  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006 03:21:35 PM »

I was so excited when I saw these that I got all my supplies together today and made some! I did two sizes, the business sized envelope and then the smaller one (correspondence sized? i think thats what it's called..) Anyway I think my tissue paper must be smaller than yours because I could only get 2 business sized out of a sheet of tissue paper OR three of the smaller size. Maybe I'm just not placing them in the most efficient way? Either way here they are:

That's one of each of the colors I did. The colors are a bit different (sorry for the bad pictures!) but there are 2 fuchsia colored ones, an aqua blue one, a purple/periwinkle colored one, and (my favorite) the lime green!

There's a close up of the back of one of the smaller envelopes.

There's a close up of the front of one of the larger envelopes.

Thanks so much for the tutorial! My older sister saw them and love them so much that she's having me make them for the invitations for her graduation (from high school!) party! I better get to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006 03:32:59 PM »

Yay!  Somebody used my tutorial!! Grin Grin  You just made my whole day! Kiss

They look great!!  Good luck making a bunch for your sister's invitations!  I sometimes wish my sister would ask me to make her stuff.  When I show her something I've made she usually just shrugs and says (in a very nonconvincing way) "cute".  Oh well, not crafting for family gives me more time to craft for myself (and swaps Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006 05:43:32 PM »

Yay!  Somebody used my tutorial!! Grin Grin  You just made my whole day! Kiss

They look great!!  Good luck making a bunch for your sister's invitations!  I sometimes wish my sister would ask me to make her stuff.  When I show her something I've made she usually just shrugs and says (in a very nonconvincing way) "cute".  Oh well, not crafting for family gives me more time to craft for myself (and swaps Wink)

Oh I'm so glad!  Cheesy

My sisters are quite the moochers lol. They love that I craft because they can always get me to make them something. Honestly, it does get a little annoying because then I get limited time to craft for myself so maybe you're lucky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft_t_chic
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006 06:08:14 PM »

I keep meaning to try this...I want to, but I haven't had much crafting time for myself! I did just get some fun tissue paper, so maybe I will try it tonight! I love the colors you used, shewilldieyoung!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006 06:19:19 PM »

Thanks!

And you guys were right, it IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! I've made 25 so far and I'm still working on them!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pacasha
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2006 06:50:14 PM »

this is a GREAT craft! now i can do something about that HUGE stash of wrinkled tissue paper! thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Five Essential Make-Up Items, from Katia Beauchamp
The Next Big Make-Up Trend, from Katia Beauchamp
Tips For Dry And Sensitive Skin In The Winter, from Katia Beauchamp
A Trick To Making Your Eye Shadow Pop
Tips For Dry And Chapped Lips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...