A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tissue paper envelopes *Tutorial added*  (Read 30196 times)
Tags for this thread: tissue_paper , tutorial , envelope , gift_wrap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006 12:49:48 PM »

I've never used anything that sounds like that....I would just be sure it doesn't have anything in it that would melt onto your iron (very important to check for stuff like this; Mum once tried to iron tyvek Shocked). 

The only problems I've ever had are the layers not sticking together (or comming apart when I fold them into envelopes) and sometimes the dye from the tissue paper gets all over my iron and ironing board.  The former is easily fixed by ironing more/again and the later isn't a huge problem, I just clean my iron and board cover Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
padray
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006 01:05:51 PM »

I've never used anything that sounds like that....I would just be sure it doesn't have anything in it that would melt onto your iron (very important to check for stuff like this; Mum once tried to iron tyvek Shocked). 

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure this stuff would melt. Undecided  Maybe I could try 'melting' it on paper with a hair dryer instead of an iron?  Or something. *Rats.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vintagechick
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2006 06:37:44 AM »

I usually just lurk on the paper boards, but I LOVE this idea!!!  You inspired me to make some envelopes this weekend.  I didn't have the stuff to try the tute, but I did make some envelopes out of cardstock and vellum.  I'm going to pick up the supplies and use your tute next week.

BTW, I use my heat gun to soften the glue on the envelope I want to use as a template.  It comes apart a little bit easier than when it's cold.  Hope that helps someone!!!

PS:  I made an envelope out of vellum and the seams split really badly.  All I did was very lightly score the seams to make them fold smoothly.  Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
padray
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2006 09:09:46 AM »

Night_owl, did you ever try making envelopes from plastic bags?  Just was wondering how they turned out if you did.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2006 12:20:51 PM »

padray:  Not yet Sad

I was going to try it last week but my brain has been totally consumed by my latest knitting project (my first sweater!!).  And this coming week I'm going camping. 

But next weekend I should be able to try it!  I'll let you know how it goes (or if it even works Wink)

vintagechick:  I've only used vellum once (not w/tissue paper, just all by itself) and didn't have any problems.  I didn't score at all; maybe that's why??  Sorry I'm not much help Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
pacasha
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2006 07:15:19 PM »

I have been looking for WEEKS for butcher paper! i can't find it anywhere! i'm I just stupid? Anybody have ideas?

I guess I'll buy it online (sigh)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkladymajesta
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2006 08:00:16 PM »

Undecided I tried using wax paper and it didnt work... but I will definately have to try using plastic wrap later... Do you think it will smell bad?? Does it smell when you melt it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2006 09:26:46 PM »

I have been looking for WEEKS for butcher paper! i can't find it anywhere! i'm I just stupid? Anybody have ideas?

I guess I'll buy it online (sigh)

I've never used butcher paper before;  I use freezer paper and it's usually with the baking stuff.  You could try using plastic wrap (second method)

Undecided I tried using wax paper and it didnt work... but I will definately have to try using plastic wrap later... Do you think it will smell bad?? Does it smell when you melt it?

Yeah I tried wax paper and it didn't work for me either.  When I use plastic wrap it doesn't smell at all.  Just be careful not to get any on your iron Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

vintagechick
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2006 07:09:20 AM »

Thanks night_owl.  I'll have to try it without scoring and see if it works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
birthoween

amazingly hardcore is I

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2006 12:30:57 PM »

EEEEKKK AMAZING!!!!!!!

Yours Truly,
~*~Hugaholic<3~*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Spot a Retouched Photo
How to Draw a Cockroach
How to Increase Company Creative Capability
The Most Powerful Sharpening Tool in Photoshop Elements 11
How to Draw Benson from Regular Show
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...