A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Color Bar Blanket from Happy Hooker  (Read 6019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006 06:23:13 AM »

Has anyone else run out of White before they finished their 21 squares?Huh I only got 18 squares and it is beyond frustrating because now I can't find the yarn anywhere.

In happier news, I think I have 6 squares left to do, but I've started piecing the squares together and it's not quite as daunting as I feared. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006 02:30:26 PM »

Grin Grin  Woo hoo!!  Grin Grin
I finished this crazy undertaking this afternoon!!

Note the bottomost 3 white squares and their slightly off-whitey-ness, they were quite a headache. More about that on my blog.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010 03:01:08 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006 02:37:55 PM »

Great job! And what patience you have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

addictedtoknitting
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006 12:59:18 PM »

Yeah... i am totally in for this.... i have all 14 squares of black done and like 5 squares of the lighter blue done...i didn't really get my yarn especially for this so i have a different color of blue...i am just using up some of my yarn stash on it ( thank goodness because it was getting bad!) =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cuz one monkey don't stop the show~
GlitteryGashes
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006 03:39:39 PM »

Intro:  I'm new to the Craftster forums, and a new crocheter.  I know how to knit, but I don't enjoy it as much as crocheting.

I'm doing the color-bar blanket, but am modifying the colors to make it a black and white striped blanket.  When I get done with it in about ten years, I'll post the pictures. 

I tried joining a few of the squares together, but I have no idea how to do it neatly.  The description in the book on how to join the pieces confused me, so I don't know what to do.  For the people who have completed the blanket, did you join them "properly" or just wing it?  Does it affect the overall neatness of the piece if you *don't*?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninja_knitter
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006 11:17:08 PM »

I like it, but it's too small. And I'm not sure how to expand it without ruining it Sad

Well, since it's all granny squares, why don't you make an extra layer around each granny square? Essentially, make bigger squares.

that's what i did and it's working just fine and makes the gauge perfect
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChicagoHooker
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006 01:09:22 AM »

I would love to start this blanket, but I can't seem to find the Colonial Blue.   Cry    Hancock Fabrics had every color except that one.  Same with JoAnn.  Did they stop making that color?  Any suggestions for good substitutes?  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kityeyes
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006 10:45:37 AM »

i have SO much yarn..my grandma stopped knitting and what not so gave it all to me and some of it..i sware is from the 70's so i was thinking about making this blanket but not using the same colors...i donno yet..the ones that are up look really good tho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

useratl
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006 11:35:17 PM »

In case anyone's lost on what this afghan is:

http://www.high-techproductions.com/colorbars.htm

I tried joining a few of the squares together, but I have no idea how to do it neatly. 

Try These Joins:

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/flatbraid.htm

http://thecrochetdudepatterns.blogspot.com/2006/04/dudessembly.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006 10:59:59 AM »

i just ordered the yarn for this online last week!!!  i'm making it as an xmas gift for my boyfriend (it'll be a surprise, i figure i can just tell him i'm working on "scarves" whenever he sees me making granny squares and he won't know the difference Smiley).  all of your finished blankets look great!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ban All Native Mascots?
Does Gay Mean White?
Is Objective News Dead?
Smartphones For the Poor?
Is Syria as Bad as Congo?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...