A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,668
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fat Bottom with Noro?  (Read 2445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

astronogirl
« on: April 05, 2006 07:01:02 PM »

My Mum was very good to me today and bought me a whole whack of yarn for little projects that I am making for her.  She also got me The Happy Hooker and two skeins of Noro in this beautiful colour:

I want to make the Fat Bottom bag with it, but I have some questions....  Do you think two skeins will be enough?  I have about 200yd and the pattern calls for a skein of 236yd yarn.  Also I'd like to do this mod for it:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=85662.0

Hopefully I have enough yarn... what do you guys think?  Can I stretch two skeins of Noro Kureyon that far?
Did you have much left over when you made this bag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swappies!  Just PM me!

I'm also looking for a date to the winter dance...

Wisties!!!! - www.wists.com/astronogirl
vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006 08:13:08 PM »

aaw, I'm so geeked that people liked my alteration. Since I used yarn for the strap, as well, it took more yarn (plus, mine was a different gauge, smaller weight, and larger than the original pattern so it took a LOT more yarn). I think if you crochet looser and then line it, you may be fine but I'm not entirely sure. I'd say give it a try and if it doesnt work out, frog it. You could always make the bag a teensy bit smaller than it calls for to save a bit of yarn. I'd try getting another skein if possible, to be safe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
astronogirl
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006 10:58:44 PM »

Thanks for replying!  I totally love your allteration, I was actually thinking of doing this, then I saw your allteration and was like, "WOW!"
I don't think they actually had any Noro left in that colour, but I'll probably take a skein to the yarn store a block from my apartement (!) and try to match a solid colour for the handle.  I'm going to line it anyway, so I think I'll be ok for the base of the bag if I do crochet it a bit looser.

I'm woking on a ballet sweater right now, knitted in a different Noro colourway, so this'll be a nice break from the endless garter stitch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swappies!  Just PM me!

I'm also looking for a date to the winter dance...

Wisties!!!! - www.wists.com/astronogirl
Sock_Tan
Argyle Dutchess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006 09:42:21 AM »

oo, please post pics of the noro fat bottom when you're done! I actually hated that bag (it's just not my style, the wood circles and all) until I saw that mod and the idea of it in noro!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh well we sometimes feel we're to blame in some way for what our gran's become. I mean she used to be happy here until she, she started on the crochet.
 Now she can't do without it. Twenty balls of wool a day, sometimes. If she can't get the wool she gets violent. What can we do about it?"
ddefebbo
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007 12:49:39 PM »

I just finished a FBB with Noro Kuryon #40 and I needed about 2.5 skeins.   I did not alter the pattern.

Here is a pic:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1128/534966793_44dc7bda2f.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007 05:45:55 PM »

I just finished a FBB with Noro Kuryon #40 and I needed about 2.5 skeins.   I did not alter the pattern.

Here is a pic:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1128/534966793_44dc7bda2f.jpg

It looks great! Love the colors!

aaw, I'm so geeked that people liked my alteration. Since I used yarn for the strap, as well, it took more yarn (plus, mine was a different gauge, smaller weight, and larger than the original pattern so it took a LOT more yarn). I think if you crochet looser and then line it, you may be fine but I'm not entirely sure. I'd say give it a try and if it doesnt work out, frog it. You could always make the bag a teensy bit smaller than it calls for to save a bit of yarn. I'd try getting another skein if possible, to be safe.

I've never seen your alteration before. I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watercolor Painting: Preserving Whites
How to Paint Skies with Watercolors
Watercolor Painting Basics
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Blacks
How to Paint Flowers with Watercolors
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...