A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post your picture of your UNIQUE STORAGE SOLUTION  (Read 3497 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stirfrybunny
« on: April 05, 2006 10:26:47 AM »

Hey all you crafty gals

The time for spring cleaning is upon us and I have just realized how much crap I have.  So I'm curious, what kind of unique, innovative storage solutions have all of you come up with to organize your cluttered houses?

Personally, I have little floor space, but LOTS of wall space (high ceilings).  Oh, and the kitchen has almost no cabinets.  So the roommate and I put up pegboard to store the pots and pans and things on the wall.  Then we spraypainted it to make it pretty..er, well less ugly.  I'd put up a pic but I have as of yet to master the art of getting pictures off my camera phone. Huh  Gotta wait til I can borrow the roomie's digital.

Nothing terribly creative on my end, but I know some of you out there must have some good ideas I can steal!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006 10:30:35 AM »

Are you talking craft supplies as well?

EDITED TO ADD:

Before I put the shelves up, my little crafting corner was a complete mess!

I have a pretty small desk, which is good and bad! It helps me clean up after I'm done, but there isn't alot of space to work with. I put a shelf over it, and that holds my knitting needles in glass soda bottles (they are sorted by size), zippers, scissors, jewely tools, pom poms, ribbon, bottlecaps, and sequins. I keep all my little things in jars away from the dust and all organized Smiley Under the shelf is an old measuring tape and I use that to hang up things that inspire me (I use clothes pins). On the left you can see  the alphabet magnets.. I painted part of the wall with magnetic paint so I could hang stuff up, so far I only have those magnets. The little shelf on the right is meant for CDs but I use it to hold all my glues, stamps, and paints.

Here's the magnetic wall! Under it is a small bookshelf with old sheets for fabric, my sewing machine, idea binder and junk box.

Here is my other shelf next to the window. It has all my writing utensils, sewing box, beads, embroidery stuff, thread and buttons... Those all organized in tin cans (from soup) decorated with  scrapbooking paper, tackle boxes, and my sewing box, is my mom's old one fron 7th grade Smiley Underneath is a pretty large shelf full of fabric, I organized it all by color Smiley

Anyway, don't know if that helped you, but I always find pictures of people's workspaces inspiring, so yeah Smiley

- Lauren 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006 03:20:01 PM by lamamarco » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stirfrybunny
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006 11:02:01 AM »

Yeah, especially craft supplies
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006 12:06:52 PM »

Well, for me, ive got floor space but not much. Ive got tons of under the bed boxes holding craft suff. Ive got a old toy chest that holds school stuff, a cube nightstand that conventlly doubles as a board game hideway, and my latest project, the bench. Did you know you can turn old shipping crates into benches? Ive got a large one thats 3 pillows long and a smaller one that makes a nice low end table(also storage). another storage peice is my fish tank stand which is actually a dresser/desk. I am also blessed to have a huge enteriment stand. It came with no doors but has been "crafted" now to have three and curtains. one side houses books and the other crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Ana_Ng

There is more to life than increasing its speed.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006 05:45:41 PM »

My house was built in 1926, so it completely lacks any storage space.  I guess people just didn't own as much crap as we do now.  

Anyway, my bathroom has a tiny closet, but it doesn't have a vanity or any storage space that is out in the open.  So to organize my wee things like cosmetics, essential oils, perfumes, etc, I put up that old interior decorating icon of the 80's: the shadow box.  I had it when I was a girl, to display little knick knacks in.  It is made of wood but it used to be stained a really dark brown and it was gross.  So I painted it white to match the wall, and put it up.  I was originally planning on it being temporary, but I have been in the house eleven years and haven't taken it down yet.

Mmmmmm....Colors... ..smells like boys in the 80's........

P.S. Lauren~I love your space!!!  
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010 07:28:40 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dance_dance

I am not anti-establishment, I'm pro-peace.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006 10:57:32 AM »

i had an idea for my room, but i'm not sure it would work. i'll try it out and see, but you know like cube shelves? instead of buying wood squares and making them, but using those plastic shoebox totes and painting them to your specifications? i think it might work. but, like i said, when i get around to actually trying it, i'll most assuredly put a pic or two up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take me to a midnight show.
foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006 05:54:07 AM »

My storage solution was with some empty computer cases. Type in "Computer Case Storage Rack" in the search bar to check out my post. not sure how to link to the post directly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006 07:10:34 PM »

Sorry, here you go. My unique storage solution. Again, old empty computer cases with plexiglass fronts and backs. Enjoy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
papdefer
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007 03:29:13 PM »

I consider this to be one of my bigger strokes of genius:

I blew out the subwoofers on a pair of salvaged 30-year-old speakers, but I still love the speakers so I removed the subwoofers from the cases and painted the insides black. The top speaker and tweeter still work perfectly and i bought another subwoofer so my system still sounds great (in 2.1 surround sound *w00t!*) The one featured here stores my N64 games and my video game controllers, the other speaker houses various small electronic thingies and wires.

As for other storage, I find places like under the bed and armchairs great places for low storage containers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellen_a
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007 03:49:17 PM »

I have a lot of bags and not a lot of spaces to store them--so I hung an old curtain rod on the wall and used drapery rings to clip them up.

I also have a lot of purses--so I screwed those cheap under counter hooks (like you would use to hang coffee mugs from) into the bottom of a little white end table.  I spaced them out to allow the purses to hang easily, and can store about 15 underneath it. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Telephoto Photography Techniques with Don Gale
Sue and April at the Carnival Photo Booth
Portrait Session Outdoors with off Camera Flash
Photography Workshop with Tamron in Austin, Texas
How to Photograph Moving Objects
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...