A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love Always, Charlie Swap 2 Gallery!  (Read 9790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teraspawn
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006 02:43:58 AM »

Dear Charlie,

I got your letter a few days ago but haven't had time to make a proper reply until now Wink

You got the Charlie/Friend thing the wrong way 'round!  (I think).  It's meant to be "Dear Friend" ... "Love always, Charlie".  Am I right?  But never mind Tongue

Your sexuality is definitely not a problem for me - don't worry about it, you can mention it as many times as you like in your letters.  Good luck moving in with your girlfriend!  Do tell me about that, I really hope it goes well.  I'm so jealous of your job!!  Working in a bookshop sounds awesome, and it must be so cool to have your own jewellery business.

University debts are a big problem, I guess the OU is a much more sensible way to go, cost-wise.  My school paid for me to do a short course on genetics with them a while ago, they give you some really great resources (the textbooks are a bit patronising, though).

love,
your Friend Wink

ps.  Your Finding Nemo paper is BRILLIANT!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006 06:25:41 PM »

Dear Charlie,

Your letter has arrived in Oklahoma.  So sad, I am in Florida.  But I am having it sent on to Mexico and hopefully it will arrive safe and sound there.  I have been told that they really do still deliver mail by burro.  Huh
Anyway, I look forward to recieving it there and please use the Mexico address until July 15th.  After that go back to the Oklahoma address.  Thanks.  Love your friend. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jehnaier
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006 11:50:10 PM »

Dear Charlie,
Your letter arrived today, but the envelope was half open. As a result, I got one sticker. Oh well..

It's great that exams are over for you! I look forward to receiving a lot more letters. It's good hearing about you. I love art too, or at least I did. My tastes and likes have sort of changed recently. I love the sound of your unusual date.

It's ok about the mix CD. Though I knew like none of the songs or bands on there...Oh well. I look forward to getting more letters! Oh yeah, I love how you write...it's really cool.  You cheer me up!

Love, Friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006 08:40:24 AM »

Dear Charlie,

I hope this is not too late, but please don't send your June letter yet until you hear about the address you should send it to. (If you have already sent, no big deal, I'll just get it a little later). I've PMed the organizers to let them know what address to send it to.

Thanks and sorry about the last-minuteness of all this,
Friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbow_art

taste the rainbow

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2006 08:30:31 AM »

Hey there  Grin 

Today as im sure you are all aware is 1st of June so of course that means send out date time!  Please check in with Bracelet_girl or myself as to how your letter is coming and of course if you have sent/received.  Im still getting people asking if people have received the letters they have sent so please write in the gallery when you receive as well as PMing one of us organisers, it would make our job for this swap a hell of a lot easier!  Hope your all enjoying the swap and having fun!  Cheesy

Rainbow_art  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2006 08:46:02 AM »

Dear Charlie 2 (I will call you Charlie 2 as you are my second Charlie and I don't want Charlie 1 to get confused! Cheesy),
  Thank you so much for such a lovely letter!  I am sorry to have taken so long to respond-- it has been a crazy month.  We had flooding in our town that was pretty insane, and I was sick for about 2 weeks, and then my husband's aunt went into the hospital-- insanity!  Things are slowing down now, so I promise to be more on track with things!  Cheesy
   I totally know what you mean about wanting to live either on or near a sheep farm or a vineyard!  I can't decide which would be more fun.  I think I would spend more at the sheep farm though-- I am newly addicted to felting and am hoping to learn how to spin this summer!  Of course I should probably learn to knit or crochet better to use the yarn I spin!  Sigh, yet another craft to work on... what a burden.  lol
  Vineyards are so beautiful too-- my father's side of our family lives in Virginia, and whenever we go to visit, we go to some of the local vineyards.  There is one particularly on top of a mountain in the Shenandoah range-- so beautiful!  My dad's family tends to frown on wine and drinking, so my Mum and I do the tours and such and don't tell them where we went for the day!  What they don't know won't hurt them.   Wink
   I enjoyed your letter so much-- thank you so much for taking the time to share with me!  I apologize again for my slowness in responding! 
Hugs,
Sonjaboo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimmers
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2006 03:21:37 PM »

dear charlie, can i just say that you are pretty much the most amazing person ever? i loved the button bracelet + the cd + i thot the book was bot it was so good! thx so much for them and for your letter!

your letters always smell nice.. i love sniffing them

but my interenet at home's screwed up so i'm just typing this at school, but now they're kicking me off, so i'm really really sry that this isn't a good response but i'll respond when *hopefully* my internet becomes unscrewy!

love always, friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueEyedMary
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2006 08:07:29 PM »

First of all I'd like to say that i am really sorry for being a jerk and not replying to your letter(i didnt realize we were supposed to do that and have been studying for the SAT's all last month)
so i will reply to the one i recieved yesterday.

Dear Charlie,
Again sorry for my absence!! I absolutely love music. I'm obsessed. all my friends are always borrowing my cds to copy. I love Bright Eyes! I saw them in concert last November but i wasn't too impressed. Conor was drunk off his ass like usual and at the end he stumbled into the drums and knocked everything over. His albums are amazing though and the show started out well and kinda drifted...He didnt play my favorite songs. Anyway good luck with your job at the supermarket. I wish i could get a job that fast! Schools been out two weeks and i cant manage to get a job anywhere but i have spent quality time staring at the cute boy who works at the library. And by the way 9.40 an hour?? Lucky! my last job payed 5.50 an hour, watching spoiled little brats in a fancy athletic club. i quit fast. So far this summer i havent been doing anything except hanging out with my friends and reading. As far as tv goes i like Greys Anatomy, Gilmore Girls and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Oh and sometimes i watch 360 with anderson cooper on cnn because hes pretty. I often get excited about something and then get bored ten minutes later. I start sewing something and then something comes up and i never finish. I would really like to write a novel, i wish i had that ability, to be able to write something that is relatable and that tons of people feel in their hearts and understand. That would be great. I'm an enviornmentalist so i understand feeling guilty! For my senior project i hope to make biodiesel for my car. I'm really excited about it because i feel soooooo guilty driving my car! i hate it but i live so far away from town buses dont go out there and our buses stop running at 8 anyway. I wish my town had a better public transportation system. Anyway I'm finally done,

Love always,
                                                                       your friend

p.s. Sorry this was so long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God bless the daylight, the sugary smell of springtime, remembering when you were mine in a still suburban town...
bracelet_girl
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006 03:33:40 PM »

If you haven't checked in with me or rainbow_art yet please do so in the next few days. We haven't heard from very many people and we need to know your status for this month.

Thanks.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
Tinted
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2006 03:50:39 PM »

Hey Charlie,
I am so sorry you lost your power. I loose mine a lot too in the winter, it makes you appreciate it much more when it comes back on Smiley Hail is pretty neat as long as it isn't destroying things. Your friend sounds a lot like me in some ways. I always have felt like a tom-boy and seem to get a long better with the guys. But at times I secretly wish I was more of a girly-girl.
I love making my own stationary, but it is still fun to buy some. I am addicted to paper products, and could spend hours and lots of money in the scrap book section.
I think that your 'family' sounds pretty neat, and would be a lot of fun to be around.
Oh noes...mice Shocked
till next time,
your friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Critique Images
Composition in Photography
Camera Reviews
How to Photograph Children
Outdoors Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...