A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,857
Currently Running With Scissors:
852 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love Always, Charlie Swap 2 Gallery!  (Read 9483 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2006 12:12:58 AM »

hey guys, i havent forgotten about you! 
i have been utterly busy and last weekend i was hangin with the other mods in chicago!  anyhow.

i am hoping to really get this sucker wrapped up soon...

i will try to take more care of this, this coming weekend ok? 
thank you for your patience...i really appreciate it.
taloola
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2006 05:16:52 AM »

Dear Charlie,

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to write you back.  I recieved your letter a weeks ago but have been going through a family crisis which turned into a personal crises and I was not doing so well.  But now I am better. 

It just seems weird that this will be the last letter, and I wish that I could say something profound, but alas, brain not working that good early this morning. 

As for your kids growing up, trust me, God gives us the teenage years so that we can let go.  I currently have two teens and one preteen and I keep asking them when are they going to move out.  I am ready to have a life.  Boy/girl issues,?  I do understand!! 

I do have a craft space but it is my dining room, and before it was craft space it was a playroom because two of my girls could not have toys in their room.  But now only crafts, and then my closet is half full of crafts and my sewing machine is in my bedroom with a dresser full of craft stuff, then my daughters sewing machine is in the office, and we all eat in the living room.  So yea, I have a craft space but it is still all over the house.  LOL. 

Oh, do you know how I knew who you were?  Because we talked before about the "band" influence in your life and the kids.  Remember? 

Yes the boards were slow, seems that not many people were as active in this swap as you and I were.  Hmm.  Wonder what happned?  I know what you mean about manners too.  I agree. 

Well I hope that you and your family are doing great and all is well.  Not too stressed out by the upcoming holiday season  Undecided, yep, Im stressed.  Anyway, God Bless You, Love Jamette. oops "your friend"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2006 01:39:45 PM »

Yes, dear friend, I was afraid that you probablly had me figured out pretty early in the swap, but that's cool because it was still tons of fun for me and I hope that everyone else had fun too. It really is kind of a social experiment of sorts. Don't you think?
Now I just need to figure out who my Charlie was. I'd love a chance to write back. you know?

Any word on whether we will be getting proper feedback for this? I am not too concerned because I am not swapping here lately, but I am just enough of a perfectionist that it bothers me to have a half completed feedback on my record.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
sarahdipity
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2006 06:22:42 PM »

My Charlie was totally surprised!  *laugh*  I spent lots of time trying to not be too obvious in replies to my charlie.  Charlie who were you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2006 10:03:43 PM »

The reason I figured out my Charlie was because the only other person I know in this swap (outside of Craftster) was sending to her! Tongue (Coincidently, my "friend" was her Charlie...)

But yeah, how is this going to work out? Because I only received 1.5 items from my Charlie...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2006 05:35:45 AM »

Kitschycoup, I just recently got the "Charlie" story on CD the other day.  I ordered it while in Mexico but it never arrived so they were kind enough to send me another copy.  I have only listened to a small part of it "while crafting of course" it is kind of funny. 

So Wed. night I took my son and his "new girlfriend" on his first official date.  It was good and I like the girl.  He has been giving in to peer pressure and been "going out" with girls at school which I told him was totally rediculous because he was not going anywhere with them.  Well he says that he really likes this one so he did it right and told me about her and had me go out with them.  There is a dance at her school that she wants him to take her to.  None of my kids have ever been allowed to go to school dances.  Finally I told him he could go and offered my younger friend and her husband to go as chaparones.  He doesn't like it but I told him if it was important to the girl that he should give her the option.  So he did tell her and she is mad at him because she says that if he would quit getting in trouble, doing stupid stuff, and giving in to peer pressure then I could trust him to go to a dance.  I think I like this girl.  Just FYI he is almost 17. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sobe
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2006 04:55:21 PM »

I sent a few letters, but i only got one back, and one reply so i kind of stopped sending. Cry but i believe i was sending to one of the organizers, and i am pretty sure one of them was sending to me.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006 04:57:10 PM by sobe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
taloola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2006 05:02:13 PM »

hey guys.
i really want to get feedback updated for you all.  could each of you send a pm my way giving me this info.

1. who your partner was if you know already
2. if they sent all their letters

this is a really difficult swap to sort out unfortunatly.  i was trying to give plenty of time for folks to follow through with the last sendout. 

if you guys can come up with an easier way to deal with this i would really appreciate it! thanks so very much for your patience.
taloola

please post here your situation....as sobe stated above, she never recieved letters and such so she stopped sending....i am thinking of finding a simpler way of dealing with this situation.  i do want to give all the folks that properly sent out their letters the proper feedback...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006 05:14:26 PM by taloola » THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2006 05:26:41 PM »

ok, i have sent out pm's to those that i know i havent heard from.  i will be changing feedbacks for those that i do know for a fact that they sent.  i will take each situation and determine proper feedback individually....tha nk you so much again and again for your patience.
tal

eta:
feedbacks are updated for these folks:
rainbow_art (-)
bracelet_girl (-)
lisiepeasie (+)
teraspawn(+)
jehnaier(+)
teapotdnky(+)
sarahdipity(+)
mommabear1963(+)
kitschycoup(+)
peachsorbet(+)

i will update others as i hear from them.  if i dont hear from them i will assume after a time that they are negatory...i am also looking to get ahold of one of the organizers (mad detective skillz yo!) to see if they can give me a list of the partners. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006 05:35:03 PM by taloola » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2006 09:32:04 PM »

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2012 MTV Movie Awards Fashion Fails
1990s Fashion Trends Revival
White House Dinner Fashion Fails
Twilight: Breaking Dawn Stars Fashion at the 2012 Comic Con Red Carpet
How to Make Your Own Pair of Dip-Dye Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...