A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love Always, Charlie Swap 2 Gallery!  (Read 10165 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahdipity
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006 04:38:53 PM »

Hi Charlie!

This summer has been rainy hasn't it?  In fact it just started thunderstorming again!  *laugh*  The rain will never end.  But when it does, we'll have misquitoes. 

Your weekend to MN sounds like somethign I would do.  I lived there for a summer and had a great time.  I'm sorry to hear your friend isn't happy.  I think I know a few people at the Mayo Clinic in grad school.  If she needs some more people in the area maybe I can see what they're up to.  I totally know how she feels.  I've been away from home for quite a few years and the only reason I don't have break downs sometimes is that it's too exhausting.  I don't know how long she's been there but if it's been only a while hopefully it will get better.  And if she really needs someone let me know.  I have all sorts of fantasticly welcoming friends in the area.  One time my friends made me this fantastically silly package of random stuff and wrote a letter.  It included a swimsuit magazine and a coconut to make a bra from.  It also had some candy and stuff to cheer me up.  You guys should send her something silly and unexpected some time.

I loved the article!  I hadn't seen it before.  My roommate and I had a great laugh!  Thanks.  I was so glad to hear from you!

Love always,  your friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bracelet_girl
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006 10:38:59 AM »

Some of you will be getting pms from me in the next few days if you haven't informed us of your status for this month, please respond to these as soon as possible so I can get this months wrapped up. July starts soon!!  Grin
Keep updating us!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
shimmers
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006 08:36:03 PM »

Dear Charlie.

holy crap this letter took a long time to get here! haha 23 days!

hopefully my response finds you better than you were a month ago. Of course I care about you and your life even though you're right, you don't really know me and I don't really know you.

I think it's the insignificant things that do make you crack, and if you have "cracked" by this time, I hope you're "mending those cracks" since that time. (yeah.. cheesy much? sry.. bad at explaining things). I hope your mom's feeling a little better and "mending" with you.

I'm sure you're fine at maths and you're just your own worst critic. and even if you truly do suck, hey, everybody has to suck at something, and i don't know about there.. but you can always take math at university here.

I pretty much am the like last person to talk to about relationship advice, because my "workign temporarily" but probably something i'll regret in 10 years technque is just cutting people who hurt me out of my life. So take in mind that my advice sucks crap pretty much, and the advice of ur friends is probably a lot better, but hey.. if your bf hates you for what you might have to do, you know what? he's not the right person for you. you deserve soooo much better than that, no matter how antisocial you say you are and like how sucky you are in your letters, you come across to me as an amazing person and someone who i would annoy to death until you became my friend.

I know that this response probably didn't help at all, but seriously, you come across as one amazing person and i hope your'e doing better by this time. if not, i hope ur coping and know that everyone loves you, otherwise your friends wouldn't say that they'd be there for you.

and don't worry, i woudln't show this to anyone, and it wasn't boring at all, and eww.. i can't belive you have to wear uniforms.. blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i love your drawings.

love always, friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shimmers
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2006 11:10:17 AM »

Dear charlie,

wohoo! 2 letters in 2 days =D ..so surprised when i checked my mail today!

I'm glad you're feeling more positive =D. Sad i don't like tea.. coffee is like a god to me though.. love coffe.. mmm.. coffee

haha your letter made me really hungry. .. i was like hm.. biscuits and ice cream.. and strawberryy.. *drool*

yeah.. i'll totally go see cars when it goes out on video, i watched the incredibles <3<3<3 when it came out in theatres, but i think it's so much better watching animated films when you're at home

I love reading! it's insane.. i like go to the library to pick up a hold and end up getting like 45 books. haha i seriously have a collection of like 20 library bags because i end up buying new ones every time i go. hehe just can't restrain myself. What are you reaidng anywyas?
hm.. recommend over holidays.. haha omg. i can't get over the whole different seasons thing..summer's here here, just have to go pick up my report card =D anyways have you read hte sisterhood of the traveling pants novels? i love those, and hm.. i was reading this really really good book a while ago.. but now i can't remember waht it was.. lalallala let's seeeeeeeee .. right now i'm reading the castle by frank kafka and nellcott is my darling by golda fried i thought was really easy to read and i finished it in one sitting. i love anything by Tracy Chevalier and omg.. hahah i love the shopaholic series..
then there's the fountainhead by ayn rand, which has some interesting theories. my favorite book for a really long time was The House Next Door by Richie Tankersley Cusick and omg.. let's stop blabbing about books for now because trust me.. i could really go on for hours. .haha booknerd Smiley

hey! this is like a week now! so u'll be in holidays now! awesome! i hope ur having a great time!

i know what you mean about the crafting.. i've been buys lately.. and havne't crafted anything for the longest time.. but now that sku will be over =D yay! i'll start crafting again

that knit hat would be freaking amazing!!! haha hope you haad fun w/ur ice cream

oo and thx for all the little ideas.. def. cheered up my day =D

love always, friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2006 07:49:37 AM »

Dear Chuck,
   First off, that envelope that you sent your letter in is awesome!  So pretty!  So green!  Your letter made me so happy-- I was feeling kind of down that day and getting your letter really cheered me up!  I wish I could write back more -- maybe after this swap, if you are looking for a penpal still?  And lol about your "secret" FOC.  I laughed my butt off when I first realized that!   Roll Eyes
   Thank God your sister is divorcing that guy!  Maybe she can get her life back on track now.  I'm sure your parents meant well by trying to have you two see each other again-- unfortunately though, wounds like that take an awfully long time to heal.  Did she want to see you?  Or did she just go to annoy you?  Big hugs either way.  I hope things get better.
   Poor Pami.  Do they have those elderly shuttle buses down there where you are?  They have those up here, usually run by town senior centers and such.  They cart them around to the grocery store or library or to the senior center, stuff like that.  Though it kind of sounds like that wouldn't appeal to her.  My husband's grandfather is in a similar situation-- he in no way should be driving but does occasionally (much to the dismay of pedestrians everywhere) and refuses to take the shuttle as he is not "elderly".  I can understand the mind set, but for crying out loud, get out of the house!   Tongue
   I am so happy for you that you were able to be in contact again with Lauren-- it's so good to have friends!  I have a friend that I have had a riff with and miss very much-- I completely understand how you were feeling.  It's so hard and leaves such a void!  I hope she behaves herself now. 
   And big congrats to you and your hubby for his promotion!  That is awesome!!!  I am sure you are both feeling quite relieved!  Health insurance is highly underrated!  And congrats about the other decision too-- my husband and I are also discussing that.  (yay!!)  Yet another reason to be thrilled about insurance!    Wink
   I hope you guys had a wonderful 4th -- did you have a long weekend?  I did-- not long enough though!  I could use another one!  Thank you again for your wonderful letters! I'm sure the mailman will be bringing more things to your doorstep very soon.  lol
Love,
Sonjaboo

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluebubble
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2006 05:46:16 AM »

Hey Charlie, Thanks for your letter. Congrats on finishing college! What were you studying? I hope you have heaps of fun travelling to new york. i would love to go to america! I don't know how you can stand being away from your sewing machine. i know what you mean about not being able to find good fabrics though. i work in a large fabric store but i find it hard to get 'unique' fabric. How is the book your reading going? What is it about, i haven't heard of it before. You sound just like me when it comes to reading, i read books sometimes but i mostly read magazines. I've heard bust magazine, but i've never read it as we don't have it were i live. What sort of stuf is in it? What sort of ezine were you thinking of making? Well have a nice day and i can't wait for your next letter! Love, Friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jehnaier
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2006 10:25:26 PM »

Hey Charlie! Congrats on the job, I think.  Undecided  At least, congrats on getting money. I hope you have fun holidaying. Nice drawing. I would say that uniforms aren't so bad, as I have to wear one for school, but I don't have to wear a dress and apron. And hairnet. I feel for you! How you notice rooms...that sounds like such a craftster thing to do! Especially the mentally redecorating. Oh! I tried reading that book you recommended and I can't. I don't like the style. But I got a new book the other day, so I'll read that one!
Love always from your Friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
parisgirl
I craft for comfort

Alice in Parisland

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2006 01:22:30 PM »

Dear Charlie-

What a beautiful Letter!  Thank you so much for the pictures - I love the landscape and what you call abstract subjects.  I can appreciate the "lonely flower"  In my mind that is how you have described Mexico, with the some problems you mentioned and then from the arid land a bright yellow flower is blooming and it seems to fresh and hopeful.

My news.  Well, we have a little girl in our family now.  We call her Ella and she arrived healthy and strong.  Everyday she grows more precious to us all.  My sister went back to work Monday and cried and cried after she dropped the baby off with a friend for the day.  I'm off a day during the week and I might take care of her if it makes my sister feel a little better.

You news.  You are writing a book!  That's wonderful...I like to write poetry so I know what you mean about the idea of writing a little bit everyday.  I want to know who does that?  I have to write when I'm inspired and when I can concentrate or when I lose my concentration, if that makes sense.  What is the your book about?  Have you been published before?  I haven't.  I celebrate my procrastination and you should too.  Why bother to attempt if you have to put muscle into it?  Wait and slide smoothly into your projects!!!

I wish I had some insight for you about the church you are visiting.  I do not attend a service regularly.  In fact in the last few years I haven't been traditional at all with my faith.  I have friends who belong to fundamental independent type churches and it seems to bring peace into their lives.  But for me - I find it hard to relate to a God who seems to focus on sins so much.  I pretty much know the sermon on the mound and try my best to live with that in mind.  I don't even really "pray" in a traditional way anymore.  I think it is in Romans that something is said like God hears our prayers and knows what we cannot say when we are not able to speak.  So I often find myself sitting somewhere alone and quiet.  I close my eyes and take deep breaths while I open my heart and offer those feelings.  Othertimes when I am sad or anxious I just take a few minutes to close my eyes and release my fears.  Maybe it's not the same.  Maybe it isn't holy - but somehow I feel heard.  And when I look at my little niece my heart is filled with so much thankfulness I say little prayers in spite of my moods.

Oh, and I do say a little prayer when I see an ambulance or firetruck on route.  But don't get me started on the role of a "Christian woman" because I can't contain my rage when I hear it abused like you've explained.  I bet you were swelling with indignation during that part of the sermon.  I could taste that bitter flavor in your letter.  Remember that you are a guest so you can't kick the Reverend in the face...but you should imagine it anyway for your own relief.

It's nice you like the land lady.  I hope that she is cheerful and fun and gives you lots to keep you creative now and in the future.  I like what you said about coming back from trips changed in some way.  Perhaps these experiences will help your daughters to grow and evolve.  From everything in your letter it sounds like you are growing through your travels as well.

Thanks again Charlie and take care out there!  -Your Friend. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluebubble
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2006 12:05:03 AM »

Hey Charlie, It's cool that you have relatives your age in town and they are creative! Not many of my relatives are creative. I know what you mean about cooking. I love to bake but hate the idea of having to cook meals for a family. Especially when i move in with my partner because he is a really fussy eater! I love soup aswell. We really need it here at the moment because it is freezing! If you have any good recipes could you please send me some? Especially the brocholi and cheese soup. That sound so good! I agree with your comment about living in a time where international food is easy to come by. I don't much like sushi like you do but i LOVE italian! I'm making myself hungry and it's not even dinner time yet!! lol I hope you have a great day and i'm looking forward to your next letter. From Your Friend  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisiepeasie

greetings. fish i am.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2006 06:50:08 AM »

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for your postcard! Your town looks lovely! Very -historical- and grand! Smiley

And its summer all year long here! Actually, we're having a monsoon season right now and it's been raining, cats, dogs and half of the animals on noah's ark. But it probably isn't as bad as the flood that you had though.

I LOVE rainy days. Well, I don't really like it when I never wear my "rain-shoes" out, and my feet get wet and mushy. That's gross. Hahaha. But I love sleeping in on a rainy day. Also, I love sleeping, period.

I just looked up Ipswich on Wiki and I got the English town! Okay, trying again..

Ooh, your town is famous for clams! That must be awesome! I love seafood, do you? I can honestly say that we might have the BEST crabs here.. We cook them in chilli (which is what our country is known for), in black pepper, and in butter + oats..All separately, of course. mixing them together would be really strange.  Maybe I could send you a pre-made chilli mix once this swap is over! (That is, if you're not allergic to crabs and are able to get them where you are..)

Oooh, I also found my town on Wikipedia. You can read about where I live here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasir_Ris.

Okay Charlie, thank you for your postcard! Please keep sending me stuff! I love receiving mail from you!

Love,
Your Friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steal all the chandeliers down your street and call it romance.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Oriental Shrimp Soup
How to Make Nouvelle Pad Thai
Low Carb Lotus Root and Pork Sandwich
Kung Pao Chicken
How to Make King Crab Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...