A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,016
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love Always, Charlie Swap 2 Gallery!  (Read 11143 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2006 09:19:43 AM »

Dear Chuck,
   Your letter made it all in one piece-- yay!  I think it was the lock drawn on the back-- the PO knew they shouldn't mess with this one!  lol!
    Pami sounds tiring.  Granted she is probably scared and lonely, but that doesn't make your life any easier.  And it's hard to explain to a person like that why their behavior is annoying without them getting offended and not understanding.  Is she able to get around on her own?  Can she drive?  (other than driving you crazy of course!  ha!)  She's probably at this point in her life where she sees people around her passing away and wonders why she is left alone.  I know that is similar to my grandfather in law-- the number one thing on his mind is planning his funeral and when he will die.  It's awful.  I don't want to be like that when I get old.  I want to fight it.
   What your brother in law (the cretin that he is) did is unforgivable-- I am so sorry.  I wish I could give you a hug!  Your sister is an idiot for not believing you and for lying to your parents.  I am glad that you are finally starting to build a relationship with them again. 
   As for your friend from high school-- some people never grow up!  I know a few people who fit her exact description-- they make life difficult.  Are there any crafting groups in your area?  Maybe something like that would help you meet some new people!  (bonus-- new people who like crafts!  Cheesy)  I feel kind of lonely at times too.  Many of my friends live far away, and much of my family does too.  I think that is why I enjoy craftster so much-- it is so nice to have a social network with people who like to do the same things that I do!
   Speaking of crafts, what do you like to do?  I love to hear what other people are working on!  I am trying to get myself organized and focused so that I can do crafts as a side business, or maybe even a real job some day.  It's what I really enjoy, and it would be so nice to actually do something that I love!  Anyway, that's my dream.  Maybe some day it will come true!
   Thank you again for such a nice letter-- I hope that things start to perk up a bit and maybe you can get some alone time with your hubby!  Roll Eyes  (without getting a phone call from Pami! ha!)
Big hugs,
Sonjaboo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2006 10:22:41 AM »

Dear Charlie 2,
   I just got your second letter-- thank you so much for the wonderful recipe for tiramisu!  It sounds fabulous!  One of my brothers in law (I have 3) loves tiramisu-- maybe I will try making it for him one day! 
   Congrats on your graduation!   You must be excited to have that all under your belt now.  I'm sorry the ceremony was kind of stinky though.  That is disappointing, particularly when you have several years of hard work behind you!  You really do want a little more fanfare than just, "Here you go."  But as long as you know that you have achieved something really great, that is what truly matters.  The college that I attended actually closed down about a year after I graduated!  It was heartbreaking-- I loved my school so much.  It was very small and we were all like a family.  But there wasn't enough money to keep it running, which is a problem with a lot of small colleges right now.  I keep telling myself all that really matters is I still have my degree, but it would be so nice to have an alma matter too!  They have a really lame-o alumnae group, but it's nothing I want to get involved in.  Too much politics.
   Your trip sounds wonderful-- have a fabulous time!  Be sure to keep a journal, whether it is a written one or a crafty one!  I only say that because I never keep journals when I really wish I had-- generally while traveling-- and later on I kick myself for it!  Cheesy  Anyway, safe travels!  And thank you for such a nice letter-- I'll let you know if I make the tiramisu! 
Hugs,
Sonjaboo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JamieInTheAK

<insert witty comment here>

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2006 10:35:17 PM »

Dear Charlie-

I am so glad your meet-up went well!  I also glad to hear about your new pen pal.  I think that will be a great experience for you both.

Isn't it weird how we are like our parents.  I haven't been in contact with my mother for years, but sometimes I do something and think...oh wow -- Mom used to do that.  It's comforting and weird at the same time.

I too am on the hunt for a new sewing machine!  My bobbin is acting all loosey goosey. It's killing me!!!  I took your suggestion and checked out Freecycle.  How awesome!  Thanks for the advice!  I love those old singers!! You might want to check your local fabric stores and see if they have a guy/gal that comes in and fixes machines.  The guy at my store (I have a part time job at Hancock) will oil, align, tweak and perform magic on your machine for about $40 bucks.    Grin

I would love to see any pictures you took on your walk in the cemetery!  Wow 100 years old!  The whole day sounded lovely!

YEAH FOR PARK PASSES!!!  That is an awesome!  Sound like you have a summer of fun planned for you and your kids!  I work for the National Park Service, so if you ever venture to Acadia National Park, I might be able to hook you up with the trail guy there or get you some information...just let me know  Grin

You letter made my day. I can't wait for the next installment.  I hope June brings you happiness and love. 

-Your friend
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006 10:50:02 PM by JamieMarieBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They don't pay me to be normal." David Bowie
parisgirl
I craft for comfort

Alice in Parisland

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006 08:34:58 AM »

Charlie -

I can't keep up with you - you are an amazing PenPal!  Your post cards have been arriving and I've been reading them with curious wonder...I haven't been on a rustic vacation for years!!!!  I'm so please that you have seen your family and some amazing historic places.

I would love to visit the Alamo too someday, and I look forward to your stories of adventure as you cross the boarder.  I hope that you are confortable, though I'm sure the weather is hot.  Have you been able to enjoy the local food?  I like to visit different places just to try new dishes and sample foods that I can't try in my home town. 

Do you visit gardens?  Seems like I have "rounded a corner" because I can't get enough of gardens - especially when I'm on vacation.  That's it!  I'm an adult.  As long as I don't start watching birds I think I'll be okay...so gardens.  If you stop and at a beautiful garden, and you have time for a quiet stroll - please take a deep breath and think of your dear friend. 

Don't concern yourself a bit about a letter.  Your cards from all of these places are fantastic!  Thank you for thinking of me on your trip!  -your friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jehnaier
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2006 12:07:30 AM »

Hey Charlie,
Thanks for the stickers! And for the masking tape seal on the envelope!  Grin  It sucks that you had to go back to school.  Ok...what you talked about. Chemistry! Yay! I like it too. And physics. Maths...er...isn't good. It'll probably take me a helluva lot of work to pass as well, but I don't have enough motivation to do the work required. It sucks... Ok, English. God I really really hate english. Seriously, I'm not going to write what I think of it on here. It involves a lot of swearing. Yes, anyway. Recommend a book...hmm. Matthew Reilly. Totally. He's an Australian author and writes action books. But not everyone likes that style. But still, I'm recommending it.  Um...There's a book called Sly which is pretty good. Not sure of the author. And Pirates by Celia Rees. They're not my favourites, but they're not bad. At the moment I'm reading Terry Prattchet's Death Trilogy- I'm up to Reaper Man, having just read Mort. I've never read Terry Prattchet before and he's quite good. I think I'll stop with the book list now. Ok, let's see. I think I'll comment on your ways you've changed. Coffee is the devils drink. Haha...I like tea much much more. And I don't wear make-up, I don't see the need. And knitting is good. Huzzah, I'm going down your list. Exams...there's not much to comment on. I'm sorry about the first friends thing and congrats on the second one. I'm very anti-social. Craftster! Yeah! And your relationship, that's great. Yeah, I think I've commented enough. Again, you cheered me up. I look forward to your next letter.
Love, Friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2006 07:09:53 AM »

Dear Charlie,

Two very exciting things have happened this week.  One the day before yesterday I recieved your letter.  It only took two weeks from where you sent it to arrive here with me.  Two, I got internet hooked up yesterday so now I can respond to your letter.
     Thank you for the congradulations card.  As you can see I enjoyed the boys very much.  Some congradulations is owed to you also.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY late, sorry Tongue
     I am sorry that you had such a hard month.  I do understand some of what you are going through.  I have been through some and I work with people who deal with some of it as well.  Sometimes "in" is the best place for a few days to get regulated.  But, yes, when you have a family to care for it is often hard to do what you need to do to take care of you.  But if you don't you can't take care of them either, so you get into a trap.  I am also writing a book about some of what you are talking about.  Maybe when this is over you will get the first autographed copy.  LOL.  I would like to recommend a book for you to read though.  It has been highly recommend by some people that I really respect and I just started reading it.  So far it is pretty helpful and very interesting.  It is Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma, by Peter Levine.  I am not much into diagnosis.  The diagnosis is irrelevant unless you deal with the underlying trauma(s). 
     I am going to order the Charlie book online today, if I can find a used copy.  Postage will be a mess probably.  When I turned 30 I cried all day.  When I turned 40 it was no big deal.  I am 43 and finally figuring out who I am and what is important in life.  I would not choose to go back and be 18 for anything, not even for the body.  LOL.  We have to learn to enjoy the changes in our life and accept and appreciate the natural transitions.  But, I still try not to make a big deal out of birthdays.  hmmm.  I am sorry about what happened to you around the birthday party as well.  I believe that people mean well when they keep secrets but it does not do any good.  When things are brushed under the carpet or put in a closet they grow into something uglier.  I am very open and honest with my children for this reason.  About things we go through, things they go through, who they are and where they came from, etc.  But our parents and grandparents came from a generation where you do not talk about family stuff, you don't make a big deal out of stuff and that way maybe it will go away.  Well as a society we have discovered that it does not go away, we just pass the trauma on down through the generations.  OK, well a short soapbox there! 
     I can't wait to know what your big crafting projects are.  I am having problems with supplies right now.  And I was having serious internet withdrawels but that is fixed now.  Oh, and I loved your confessions.  They made me smile.  Right after that my daughter said that she was changing her shirt.  I asked why and she said "because this shirt makes me look fat", I said "well its not the shirt".  She got mad but then I read her that little part of your letter and told her she was not fat and the shirt looked fine and she was ok.  In my teaching I teach on honesty a lot and I tell my class if I ever ask you if an outfit makes me look fat you better not tell the truth.  LOL.  But I never ask that because I already know that I am fat and it has nothing to do with the clothes. 
    Yes I love having baby grandchildren, but a friend that I grew up with and is my age is pregnant.  I told her "better you than me", she says that all her friends tell her that.  Well she is happy so I am happy for her.  It will be an interesting journey though.  She just got her first and thus far only child out of the house.  hmm. 
     The grandkids will refer to me as TUTU.  That is how the first one knows me.  It is Hawaiin for grandma.  I did not feel like a granny and the other "mom" is grandma, my mom goes by granny, so I had to come up with something different.  Well, better go, this is another long letter.  The neighbor is coming shortly to show me how to get to the post office. 

Love your friend. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2006 07:27:45 AM »

Oh and Dear Charlie, please write again.  It was so exciting getting mail.  Love your friend. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2006 05:57:35 AM »

Dear Charlie,
I got your letter yesterday. Again, you are a most creative Charlie. I liked the packaging alot.
Your message regarding your father could not have come at a more opportune time. My parents were visiting me this week and my father was totally stressing me out. He is a BIG stressor for me. Not to sound corny or anything, but it made me feel good to see, in writing, what you did about your Dad while I was up to my arse in it. He was across the room from me and I just looked up over the envelope at him and smiled. My Dad too could be a hero when needed, but I do not know if it outweighed all of the BS. Is it too late for you to move away before they get there?  o_O  My relationship with my father makes me feel like one step forward - two steps back, in terms of my "life's journey".
I indeed do have a girl and a couple more folks around here too. I have a full house. (Can't give too much away here - lest my Dear Friend figure ME out) They are awesome playmates for an immatrue old crow like myself. I am still trying to figure out when I will be an adult, because I need to be soon or they will have no guidance when necessary.
I love your stories and hope that you will send me more in the future. I would write more, but cannot give too much away here. : ( 
Are we alowed to write back to Charlie's return address?
I am so glad to hear that certain things are getting better though. It sounds like a bum deal, but believe me it is just a way of getting to where you ultimately belong realtionship wise.
Take care of yourself and don't go doing any flag carrying for the 4th of July.
Love always, your friend

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
lisiepeasie

greetings. fish i am.

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2006 05:26:27 AM »

Dear Charlie,

HELLO THERE! I just received your letter in the mail today! Yes, the postal service  must have lost your other letter, because this is the first letter that I've gotten from you. I've been having bad luck with the postal service lately, especially when it comes to craft parcels. Been losing parcels left right and centre.  Some days I feel like I live in the Bermuda Triangle.

But nevermind that!

Wow, the flood sounds horrid. To lose that number of magazines is heartbreaking!  Sad I'd cry too, if I were you. We recently had some heavy thunderstorms in our area recently. And it caused our little vinyl gazebo in the backyard to collapse under the weight of the water.

Your small town sounds great. It reminds me of all the Gilmore Girls episodes I've watched, strangely enough. Is it anything like that? Well, considering that its set in Conneticut, and that your state isn't too far away from it.. Smiley

Flight delays are a pain, aren't they? Just yesterday (wow), I was going to check in for a flight back home when my airline said that they were overbooked and needed people to volunteer to take the next flight scheduled to leave about 9 hours later. Smiley I volunteered and it was pretty sweet. They put me up in a Hilton hotel which was 2 minutes away from the airport, gave me a small monetary compensation and even upgraded my seat from economy to Business class! Whoo hoo.

Hawaii sounds awesome. I went there when I was a wee one, but I don't remember ANYTHING. Isn't that sad? But the submarine ride sounds awesome  seeing marine life upclose.

As for crafting, I picked up sewing last year after my parents bought me a machine for my birthday. I bake as well, and do a mishmash of other smaller crafts. I'm going to learn how to crochet, though! (I hope). The most popular craft that I've seen around here is jewellery-making and scrapbooking. What crafts do you do, Charlie?

Please write soon Charlie! I love hearing about your life!! Smiley Till the next letter!

Love,
Your Friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steal all the chandeliers down your street and call it romance.
shimmers
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006 11:31:41 AM »

dear charlie,

argh.. i'm such a bad responder, sry! exams have been going on and i've been working a bunch, so i havne't had any time to make a response worthy of ur letters. I also forgot to recharge my camera batteries Sad but i'll definitely post pics of what you sent me when i recieve ur next letter.

hehe I love international mole day, i have like 2 friends who were born on that day.. and me being the lameass that i am.. go hahah ur a mole! even though it's a different kind of mole.. yeah.. haha i suppose you can run away now

+ of course everyone loves mix cd's.. after listening to one artist on one cd.. all the songs kind of sound the same don't you think? I love the fact that you included aussie music.. it has such a unique and like unproduced sound

I'm glad your friends are a lot better and oooooo i'm so jealous of ur laptop b-day present!

THere are so many times that i"ve felt like going burying myself in bed and just crying my eyes out, and i have done it too many times, because bleh.. i suck at not doing it. Who cares what ppl. say. Screw them, if you want to mope, mope. that's the only thing that helps somtimes. I hope you've been feeling better since may though.. *kicks herself for responding so late*

ps. I love your crazy rambling.. that's like me and my random talking.. haha this response probably ddin't make mmuch sense either

Love Always, Friend
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Four Everyday Makeup Tricks from Cupcakes and Cashmere
VF COLLECTIONS: No. 21 - Fall 2015 - Milan Fashion Week - Runway & Designer Interview
VF NEWS: Milly - Fall 2015 - NYFW - Backstage, Runway & Interviews
The Real Deal on Skin Products
DIY Coffee Scrub to Smooth Cellulite
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...