A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,478
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tropical Rainbow in the Sky  (Read 3604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kraphtee87
« on: April 04, 2006 08:48:41 PM »

I had this pair of backless converse-lookin' shoes hangin' around for awhile.  I got them last year, but I didn't really wear them much because they were kind of annoying.  I saw this challenge and, even though I've never done one of these, I thought I would give it a try.  It gave me the incentive to actually do something with a pair of my shoes (I have SOOOOOOOOOOOO many pairs of shoes!!!)  I was really revved up about this challenge, but then, before I really started planning out my shoes, my grandpa passed away.  So the challenge totally went on hold.  I've been quite busy lately and all, and to my dismay, I looked at the calendar a few days ago and  Shocked it was time to turn in challenge entries!  So I had to hurry and throw this shoe together.  I'm still very happy about it.  Though, I could only finish one shoe in time, I plan on revamping the other one.  In my rush, though, I forgot to take a picture of the shoes before I started messing with them  Embarrassed.  Once you see the pictures, you'll probably understand how they looked before I revamped them.

This is the top of my shoe.  As you can see, I took out the plain shoe laces and also cut out the tongue.  I embroidered a polka-dot-type-thingy at the top, as you can see, which represents the sun.  The "laces" are just an EXTREMELY long "friendship bracelet".  That was the most time consuming part of the whole thing.

This is the inside of the shoe.  Those are star beads that I've attached to the shoe through the holes that were on the side.  Also, the "lace" also acts as a strap to keep the shop on my foot.  I had a problem with these shoes sliding partly off when I walked.  It's a little hard to get off over my heel (oh the joys of having really big feet  Roll Eyes Tongue), but it's worth the short struggle, because I think it looks really nice.

this is the outside of the shoe.  There are three butterfly beads sewn onto the shoe.

Voila!  That's my shoe!  I wish I could've/would've spent more time on it, but I still love the results!  I can't wait to finish the other shoe so I can actually wear them in public!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010 06:11:49 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sophroworth
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006 01:16:02 PM »

wow they're very bright + colourful, i like the lace idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is my intention to raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weaselly black guts out....
fluffysam
i love whales.

sewing, sewing, sewing some more

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006 01:32:25 PM »

Thta's a really clever way to keep it on your foot! Those kind of shoes always bothered me because they fell off.. now I have a solution! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!
http://www.fluffyland.com

Fluffyland Craft & Sewing Blog
Photos & Tutorials & Haiku!
http://www.fluffyland.com/blog
kraphtee87
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006 01:36:36 PM »

Yah I know.. No matter how tight I tied them, they still slipped off... let's see them slip off now  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Deirdre Imus Talks About The Essential Green You
Christopher Rice Talks About the Moonlit Earth
Pete Cerqua Talks About the 90-Second Fitness Solution
James Valentine Talks About the Past Is Gone
Elizabeth Rosner Talks About Blue Nude
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...