I had this pair of backless converse-lookin' shoes hangin' around for awhile. I got them last year, but I didn't really wear them much because they were kind of annoying. I saw this challenge and, even though I've never done one of these, I thought I would give it a try. It gave me the incentive to actually do something with a pair of my shoes (I have SOOOOOOOOOOOO many pairs of shoes!!!) I was really revved up about this challenge, but then, before I really started planning out my shoes, my grandpa passed away. So the challenge totally went on hold. I've been quite busy lately and all, and to my dismay, I looked at the calendar a few days ago and
it was time to turn in challenge entries! So I had to hurry and throw this shoe together. I'm still very happy about it. Though, I could only finish one shoe in time, I plan on revamping the other one. In my rush, though, I forgot to take a picture of the shoes before I started messing with them
. Once you see the pictures, you'll probably understand how they looked before I revamped them.
This is the top of my shoe. As you can see, I took out the plain shoe laces and also cut out the tongue. I embroidered a polka-dot-type-thingy at the top, as you can see, which represents the sun. The "laces" are just an EXTREMELY long "friendship bracelet". That was the most time consuming part of the whole thing.
This is the inside of the shoe. Those are star beads that I've attached to the shoe through the holes that were on the side. Also, the "lace" also acts as a strap to keep the shop on my foot. I had a problem with these shoes sliding partly off when I walked. It's a little hard to get off over my heel (oh the joys of having really big feet
), but it's worth the short struggle, because I think it looks really nice.
this is the outside of the shoe. There are three butterfly beads sewn onto the shoe.
Voila! That's my shoe! I wish I could've/would've spent more time on it, but I still love the results! I can't wait to finish the other shoe so I can actually wear them in public!