A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paypal for non US sellers - please help!  (Read 882 times)
Tags for this thread: paypal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kaka

brazillian grrrl

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2006 08:13:33 PM »

Hi!!!!
Im from Brazil, and have just finished my website for my handmade bags www.mambaatelier.com.br.
I dont have problems selling my stuff here in Brazil, people contact me and send me money by my bank account, but Im planning to sell internationally. Im considering using Paypal, as it seems the most secure payment system...
Is anyone here from outside US selling stuff internationally and using paypal? Id love to know how it works for you, non US!!! I read at their site they would send me a check (whenever I request it) with my payment (the money I receive from my costumers), but it will take 2 weeks to get here! Is it correct?
thank you!!!!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bobbie2oo4

Show me your website and I will come! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006 09:23:29 PM »

I'm not an international merchant - I'm here in the US but, can't they do an international money transfer directly to your bank? It seems like that would be fastest for you.

I imagine that even if you have to pay for the transfer, it would still be your best option. Also, you have to list a bank account to accept money or make payments - so I'm sure they can do a transfer directly to your account.

You should just sign up and see how it works - the sign up is free so if you decide not to use them then that will be okay.

But using PayPal would be good for you because they are a trusted service here in the states.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a business website? See pageBuzz.com - ultimate do it yourself solution for $9.99/mo- includes everything, even a shopping cart!

Advertise your crafts for FREE? Check out http://craftersbuzz.com
Kaka

brazillian grrrl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006 04:52:13 AM »

thak you for the reply!
I signed up yesterday, and read the whole site, and they cant jst transfer my Paypal money to my bank account here in Brazil (they do it just for the US members,  Angry)
Ill do it anyway, will use Paypal...
HEy people from outside US!!!! How does it work form you!!!!!
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neigung
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006 10:46:33 AM »

I use PayPal and I'm in Canada.  If I sell on ebay I recieve my funds in US dollars, but it's not hard for me to change it to Canadian to put in my bank account.  I see that there's an option if you want to sell to others in Brazil, but you say you can't transfter the money to your bank account? That's too bad.  I wonder why.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alenecouture.etsy.com - updated: 13/04/09
alenecouture.blogspot.com  - updated: 06/01/09
Find Me on Facebook !
Kaka

brazillian grrrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006 07:57:41 PM »

I joined Paypal, but I do cant transfer the money to my bank account.  Angry
If I want the money in my hands, I have to request a check, send by mail, and it costs to me US$11!!!!
Well, what can I do? I have no choice... But I decided that all the money I get from Paypal Ill use on Etsy buying cute stuff and on other sites over the world... Well, in the end, its not to bad, hehe
Thank you for the help, and if anyone outside US wants to PM me to talk about this Paypal issue, feel free!!!!
 Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006 08:14:56 PM »

I use PayPal and I'm in Canada.  If I sell on ebay I recieve my funds in US dollars, but it's not hard for me to change it to Canadian to put in my bank account.  I see that there's an option if you want to sell to others in Brazil, but you say you can't transfter the money to your bank account? That's too bad.  I wonder why.

You should be able to give your buyers the Canadian dollar amount to pay. I'm in the US and just bought something from Britian. When i went to send the money, paypal had a drop down were you could select the countries currency. so I sent 2.50 GBP and it tranferred the proper amount at that day's exchange rate to the seller's account.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neigung
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006 08:38:54 AM »

You should be able to give your buyers the Canadian dollar amount to pay. I'm in the US and just bought something from Britian. When i went to send the money, paypal had a drop down were you could select the countries currency. so I sent 2.50 GBP and it tranferred the proper amount at that day's exchange rate to the seller's account.

For sure.  I'll do that under other circumstances, but as far as ebay goes I usually just use US currency.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alenecouture.etsy.com - updated: 13/04/09
alenecouture.blogspot.com  - updated: 06/01/09
Find Me on Facebook !
thai_suay
Unique Handmade Jewellery Maker!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006 10:43:31 AM »

Hi! I use Paypal for selling my handmade jellwery (as in my avator). Yes you are right it is the easiest way for either buyer and seller. The best advantage point of Paypal to me is its low fees.

Lets me give me an information, I used to send a $100 cheque to my friend in USA, he asked me to cancel it suddently as he needed to wait for claiming money about 6 weeks and also the fees is about $50! I know its unbelieable!

So the best way is using paypal!

I hope this will help (abit)

Cheers
Warin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How To Make Traditional Christmas Cookies
Nutella Reindeer Chow, A Chex Mix White Christmas Treat!
How to Make 3-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
We Try The New Gingerbread And Frosted Sugar Cookie Pop-Tarts
Expert Reveals Must-Have Tools For Holiday Baking
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...