A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where I live Swap Gallery  (Read 6642 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Streifenhornchen
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006 02:17:59 PM »

Where is everyone's stuff? Huh I was so excited to see everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ce qui embellit le dsert, dit le petit prince, c'est qu'il cache un puits quelque part...

i guess i'm jumping off the bridge:
www.wists.com/streifenhornchen
soadchik
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006 08:30:44 AM »

I recieved from jillybrat!! Smiley  I'll post pics tonight when I get home from work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jilybrat
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2006 12:27:45 PM »

I'm sooo glad you received your parcel soadchik....now i just hope you like it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2006 01:55:40 PM »

All right, Sharc's been pretty busy, so I figured I'd post pics of what I sent her.

Stuff:

Yeah.  So there was a woodburned box, marble magnets, a moose T shirt, a souvenir pin, keychain, and sticker, some blueberry jam, maple syrup, and maple candy, plus a Hannaford dark chocolate bar, a bottle of Poland Spring water, and a small book of facts about Maine, recipes, and famous people.  (Did you know Patrick Dempsey is from Maine?)  lol

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006 02:01:10 PM by kahluakiggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
soadchik
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006 06:08:14 PM »

Here's my package from jilybrat!! Smiley  She tried to send me the beach, but sadly it broke  Sad  But I did manage to get out some of the shells and a cool piece of coal (she says it's all over the beach where she is).  My little sister collects shells, so she's already trying to steal them from me.  Tongue  I got a cape breton magnet, a bunch of postcards, and some really cool pictures of the beach.  I also got some keychains and CDs of local bands.  She also made me a really cool wallet from her tartan colors! Smiley  It kind of matches the purse I take to concerts & shows, so that rocks.  She also made a really cute hemp necklace.

Thanks jilybrat!  Smiley  The package was really cool!  My husband wishes he could go there and fish after he's seen all the pictures of the area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soadchik
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2006 06:13:35 AM »

Where is everyone?  This swap got quiet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2006 06:26:43 AM »

We had kudzu in South Carolina, too. I guess they still do, I just don't live there anymore. They (meaning state agriculture agencies) used to spray it with chemicals and gasoline when I was younger to try to kill it... I've always wanted to try kudzu jelly, and now I want to try muscadine jelly! Mmmm... muscadines...

We have kudzu here in Tallahassee Florida too. Know how they keep it under control?Huh Goats! Yup, Goats! They bring in a heard of goats and have them eat it! I swear I could not make this stuff up! The city bought a heard of goats and just moves them around the city eating up the kudzu! It is the craziest thing you have ever seen! But it is good for the environment and good for the goats so it is a win win.

I totally forgot about the kudzu eating goats until I read these posts about kudzu. I should have included something about them in my craft your city swap package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2006 09:33:58 AM »

I love the wallet!  That's a great package!  I recieved the other part(!) of my package from Sharc a couple of days ago:  Cookbooks!  One for the kids, along with a nutrition activity book, and one for me!!

Thanks, Sharc!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2006 12:15:40 PM »

We had kudzu in South Carolina, too. I guess they still do, I just don't live there anymore. They (meaning state agriculture agencies) used to spray it with chemicals and gasoline when I was younger to try to kill it... I've always wanted to try kudzu jelly, and now I want to try muscadine jelly! Mmmm... muscadines...

We have kudzu here in Tallahassee Florida too. Know how they keep it under control?Huh Goats! Yup, Goats! They bring in a heard of goats and have them eat it! I swear I could not make this stuff up! The city bought a heard of goats and just moves them around the city eating up the kudzu! It is the craziest thing you have ever seen! But it is good for the environment and good for the goats so it is a win win.

I totally forgot about the kudzu eating goats until I read these posts about kudzu. I should have included something about them in my craft your city swap package!

Calif uses goats for brush control also - while they don't have kudzu they do have terrible wild fires - the goats help keep the brush under control.

Every so often on the goat lists I'm on they (texas peoples) start talking about growing it as a cheap feed, everyone that has it growing out of control in their state all say NO NO NO don't even try to grow it - if you start growing it you can't get rid of it - it grows by the foot during the summer I've heard. And yes a win win for the goats and the environment - goats leave behind by products <G> and their hoofs don't tear up the the soil like trucks and people would.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nix kisses
mischief maker

like butterflies in the Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2006 12:49:05 PM »

Calif uses goats for brush control also - while they don't have kudzu they do have terrible wild fires - the goats help keep the brush under control.

I live in california and I didn't know that... well, I knew about the wildfires but not the goats. Rad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Carpet Glam for Less
Hayden Panettiere and Her Makeup Artist Launch Online Beauty Series
Daily Habits That Are Ruining Your Skin
Glam Nomad Makeup at Bibhu Mohaptara NYFW 2014 Show
Shiny Mirrored Nails at the Delpozo NYFW 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...