A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where I live Swap Gallery  (Read 7231 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goatgoddess
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006 03:01:44 PM »

Some packages that are going from county to county may take a while to get thru customs and such - hopefully they won't get hung up too much  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jilybrat
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006 11:44:01 AM »

I received my parcel from soadchik today!! it is soooo awesome.  She made me a beautiful brown bag, and post cards and magazines, and papers...and there's lots and lots of candy, and pecans...the pecans are soooo sooo good.  i'm trying really hard not to eat em all in one gulp.  My sis has my camera right now, so i won't be able to take pics, until i get it from her...

oooo soooo good!

jil
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soadchik
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006 11:51:16 AM »

YAY!!!! Smiley  I'm glad you got everything okay!!!!  I took some pictures before I sent, so I can post those when I get home from work if you cant take any pics  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006 12:04:51 PM »

I received from sharc today!!  Check out the amazing stuff she sent me:

Here's everything:

Close-up of the bag she made me - which, by the way, kicks so much butt I can't even begin to describe it:

Sweets (Pecan roll, Chocolate dipped key lime coconut cakes - they were delicious  Grin - a couple of bottles of tamarind flavored soft candy, and some guava paste - yum!):

Shell bracelet, dolphin cookie cutter, and seahorse bookmark:

Three hand beaded stitch markers, a small sand dollar (the big one didn't make it  Cry ), A ring made out of shell (I think), and 3 shark's teeth:

A bag of shells from near her home, a postcard with a Pecan pie recipe, and some fabric that I absolutely adore:

And a flamingo Beanie (I collect flamingos) in it's new home on my monitor  Cheesy :

Plus, sharc IM'd me this weekend and said that something she had ordered came in late, so she would send it along anyway.  She absolutely spoiled me!!

Thanks so much, Sharc!!  And thank you, Goatgoddess, for organizing!!  This swap rocked!

PS...The pecan roll is really good, too!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
soadchik
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006 03:50:45 PM »

Here is what I sent jilybrat!

I made some sugared pecans and spicy pecans.  I also bought some jack daniel's pecans and a chocolate covered pecan candy (with a chocolate MS on it) from the Indianola Pecan Company (it's a statewide store that has pecans in like every flavor imaginable!!)

a whole bunch of candy and some MS tomato dip mix.

Kudzu Jelly & a Mississippi Magazine

the purse I made

I also included a MS shot glass, postcards, a local weekly entertainment paper, a mixed CD with some local bands, a southern cookbook, and some little flyers with more information about my state.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006 03:52:38 PM by soadchik » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jilybrat
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006 06:50:04 PM »

soadchik was the best swap partner ever in the history of swap partners!  i'm sooo full from eating all that candy and pecans...mmmm....just a question though, what is the jelly?  "Kudzu Bloom Jelly" i've never heard of it before.  the description on the back of the jar reads:

"suggestions: great with toast, bagels, buscuits, taste just like crabapple to me,
     i hope you like it.  i waded through the snakes for you.
     Made with tender love and care"

I waded through the snakes for you?  i find this sooo funny!

oooo, and there were also little notecards with knitting girls on them!!!! tooo cute...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006 06:55:32 PM by jilybrat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
soadchik
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006 07:09:03 PM »

Kudzu is a plant that has kind of taken over the southeast US.. They used it a long time ago to stop erosion in the delta region of MS and up and down the MS river.. BUT the climate here is too perfect for the plant, so now it's all over the place.  If you drive in those areas of the state, the hills are covered in kudzu.. you cant even see the grass.. and the plant also grows up the telephone/light poles.. it's crazy how much of it is around.. since it grows in humid areas that are close to water.. that would explain the snakes they are talking about Wink

I've actually never had the jelly before I did this swap.  I found it in my search for muscadine jelly (which is SUPER yummy).. but the local gift shops didnt have it (or they had huge jars).. and the local farmer's market didnt open until the weekend I had to send everything off Sad  Anyhoo.. hopefully you will like the kudzu jelly.  I thought it was pretty good.

here's a link about kudzu http://www.alabamatv.org/kudzu/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meowari
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006 07:16:05 PM »

We had kudzu in South Carolina, too. I guess they still do, I just don't live there anymore. They (meaning state agriculture agencies) used to spray it with chemicals and gasoline when I was younger to try to kill it... I've always wanted to try kudzu jelly, and now I want to try muscadine jelly! Mmmm... muscadines...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soadchik
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006 07:29:09 PM »

kudzu is pretty indestructable.. they've been trying to get rid of it here for decades.. and it still hangs around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2006 08:54:16 AM »

I just love both of those packages - very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 24/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 17/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 21/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 26/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 25/26
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...