A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Procrastination Station: Get Motivated! Never too late to join!  (Read 89263 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chelsea
« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2006 01:07:46 PM »

- Finish baby blanket
- Finish christmas cross stitch
- Embroider onesies or bibs for baby  Finish 1 bib by 7/17  I think I might make it!
- Make frames for nursery 
- Buy and paint wooden letters to hang on wall for baby's name

Got tons of work done on the blanket, maybe 15 rows, that's now about 100 sts each row, almost halfway done!  It's knitted diagnonally, so once I get to 126 sts I get to decrease each row, so I'm almost at the top of the hill Smiley

Just now transfered the designs I'm using onto the bib.  Now let's see if I can get it embroidered by tomorrow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheShan
« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2006 02:44:29 AM »

I did no knitting today. I am a bad preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'person....whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.')
OK... Saturday night, I DID sew my Capri Sun knitting bag, and will post it as soon as I make the handles for it<G>.
Voice in Shanno'ns Head#1:You do realize that there are two unfinished purses here, don't you?
Voice in Shannon's Head #2: Shut-up, bitch!

OK... now my mom saw the knitting bag, and wants me to sew her a lunch bag out of the same juice pouches.
Her's will take alot less than the 28 I used on my bag. (I need to get my cousin to start saving me her daughter's pouches!!!!!

Also, I had bought a toddles pair of jeans from Thrift Town awhile ago. The waist band is regular, not all elastic-y. I plan on cutting the legs out, and probably the crotch, too, and making a clutch. Must buy a zipper.
Sounds like another unfinished project waiting to happen.

New list.....
Knitting-
finish Mom's scarf
finish my one bootie (, then start other one)
Sewing-
Put handles on Capris Sun bag
put zipper in One Skein purse
make Mom's lunch bag
sew jeans clutch
recon black-sweater-with-white-shirt-collar-and-cuffs into black sweater, only

OK.... I haven't really FINISHED anything this week, but.. come one!!!! I've started and remained in the middle of projects..... tha must count fo ra half of a gold star..... or, at least.. a cookie?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2006 01:37:46 PM »

You did some work, at least.  I'm at the stage of staring at my project in hopes that it'll craft itself....

I think you should push for the cookie.  Claim the sugar will act as crafting-fuel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2006 05:01:20 PM »

"On the lam", huh...with lots of yarn and crafting supplies...is this some weird crime-spree you've got planned?  We're all about getting motivated to do things, but...try not to be too motivated Wink Tongue Cheesy

Haha...no crafty crime spree was committed.  Just so much heat and boredom up in Chicago that I decided to come home a day early.  At least I got to see the band I went up there to see.   I also learned that I won't be participating in the aforementioned craft fair due to a 3-day concert that falls directly on the same weekend.  But I did finish those two wallets, a bunch more cat toys, and two monster hats.  No pics this time though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
TheShan
« Reply #274 on: July 18, 2006 09:55:18 AM »

Alias.....

YES>>>>>SUGAR!!!!!!!!!

OK, I finished the one bootie.......

hate it. It doesn't help than I decided to loosen my guage midway. WHAT WAS I THINKING?Huh!!!??!!!

I guess I may do the unthinkable.,....unravel....again!!!!!

I wanted to move on to something new..... but I guess I am stuck in crafter purgatory.

Oh yeah, I did recon that one shirt.
It is one of those black sweaters with white shirt cuffs and collar. I whacked those suckers off so fast......
It was my great-aunts funeral yesterday, and I really felt like I didn't have anything suitable to wear. So, last minute, I whacked off the cuffs and collar, and did a quickie hem on both areas. (Fortunately, the front of the black sweater part was already hemmed into a nice v neck.)

Later, I want to redo the hems, but it worked fine yesterday.
Today Leah is going to be in AUstin for the book signing, and I might wind up misisng it. DAMNDAMNDAMN.

I need to learn to say no to my friends... or at least, not now.

SHEESH

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsea
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2006 11:04:26 AM »

- Embroider onesies or bibs for baby  Finish 1 bib by 7/17  
- Finish baby blanket
- Finish christmas cross stitch
- Embroider Jason hockey mask onesie or bib
- Make frames for nursery 
- Buy and paint wooden letters to hang on wall for baby's name

I actually finished the bib.  Shocked  Started at 2pm, picked out the patterns, ironed them on found the colors and worked by butt off.  We had to leave later on, but I finished at midnight Sunday night, so I actually met my deadline.  The entire thing took about 6 hours. I'm actually amazed at myself.  Usually it takes 6 hours to pick out the colors Smiley

I can't post a picture yet though, we got a new computer yesterday and I can't find a photo program that re-sizes pictures. We should be getting Photoshop installed soon though.

My husband wants me to embroider a bib or a onesie for the baby w/ a Jason hockey mask on it.  Now if I can only find a blank bib or onesie that ISN'T pastel colored  Undecided 

Hopefully I'll make some more progress on the blanket or the cross stitch today. Although I'm dying to do some more embroidery, I don't have any blanks sitting around. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2006 11:52:07 AM »

I can't post a picture yet though, we got a new computer yesterday and I can't find a photo program that re-sizes pictures. We should be getting Photoshop installed soon though.

Chelsea,

You can use paint to resize photos.  Click on Image then stretch/skew and that will allow you to resize photos.  It does not give you the quality of photoshop but in a pinch it works great!

PinkyK
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chelsea
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2006 02:09:31 PM »

Ooh, thanks.  It worked.  I've been looking around at different programs it came with, but none of them re-sized pics, unless I just couldn't figure out how.   I have no idea where our scanner/printer or our camera software went  Cry 

Finally.  It looks a little tan (on my computer at least) but that's just because I didn't use the flash. It's a white bib.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2006 02:23:57 PM »

Oh I LOVE the monkeys! I put them on boxer shorts for my husband for Valentines Day!

They are super cute on a bib!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingerpeachy
Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2006 02:35:38 PM »

I have quite a few knitting projects that need to be finished.  I'm not allowing myself to buy ANYMORE yarn until they're all done...which is going to be tough because I have a bit of a yarn "addiction."  Here they are:

1.  Baby blanket for new nephew  - finish by the end of next month

2.  Grey ribbed scarf (about 75% finished) - finish by the end of next week

3.  Wrist warmers (1 of 2 finished) - finish by the end of the month.

There's LOTS more than that, but those are the top three.  I'm sure I'll post more later Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Snow with Watercolor
How to Create Realistic Tree Trunks in Watercolor Painting
How to Create Bricks with Watercolor
How to Create Fences in Watercolor Painting
How to Draw Monkey D Luffy from One Piece Manga
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...