A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery - April 2006  (Read 7951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2006 06:51:34 PM »

This swap gallery is intended as a way to recognize all the wonderful personal swaps that are done in this community!

Folks who have participated in a personal swap and wish to share pictures of the items they have sent and received may do so by posting in this gallery.

Please note that this gallery is meant for those who have had a good experience with their personal swaps!  This is not the place to air your grievances about being flaked on!  Lets keep things positive! Wink

Each month, a new gallery will be started.  If you have received from a personal/private swap, within the month, feel free to post pictures here!   Grin

March 2006 Gallery:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=85430.0
Idea for this thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82928.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
astronogirl
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006 11:02:36 PM »

kristieb and I decided to do a craft swap, as we know eachother in real life (gasp!) and are aware of eachother's craftiness.  This was both of ours first swap, and it was great!!!

For some reason I have few pics of what I crafted for her, but I took lots of what she made me...

We decided to each do a painting for eachother, as we both paint, but in very different styles..

Mine for her:

Hers for me:

I also made her an owlie pillow, a crocheted and felted flower pin, a felted wristband with star sequins and I did a quick stencil on the bag I gave her the loot in.
I only have pics of the owlie pillow though.  It's crocheted and then the owl was hand-painted on felt then sewn to the pillow.  The back is a pretty yellow fabric with brownish leaves on it.

She made me a CUTE robot kitty out of fimo (I think), which is currently watching over my boyfriend's house, a bracelet with beautiful wooden beads, an adorable pink and yellow pouch which currently has my iPod in it,   a sweet painting, and the bestest knit bag in the world, with a SQUIRREL on it!!!!!!!  I LOVE SQUIRRELS!!!!

The pouch with a pink hippo button (!), which looks wierd 'cause it's stuffed with my iPod, it's perfect in real life:

And the best bag ever!!!!!  The handles are actually wood-coloured, but my camera thinks they're orange, and it looks a bit wonky,but that's 'cause it has my wallet in it.  I absolutely love this bag.  It's knitted with THICK wool so there's no way I'll lose stuff out of it, and the squirrel is fuzzy and colourful and squee!

Pheew!  That's a lot of pics!  Hope you guys enjoyed it, and trust me, whomever swaps with kristieb is a lucky craftster!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012 09:28:00 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swappies!  Just PM me!

I'm also looking for a date to the winter dance...

Wisties!!!! - www.wists.com/astronogirl
knottydottie

Live with no regrets.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006 12:33:13 AM »

oh my gawd i need that owl pillow!  it is 70's retro goodness!  it just needs some olive green shag carpet and a nice sectional sofa to perch on...hehehe.  great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristieb

Compulsive Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006 08:20:24 AM »

I loved this swap. It was so fun making stuff for someone I know fairly well.

That owl pillow is just as awesome as it looks and I *heart* the painting so much. I suck at stencilling, so I total freak out when other people make such cool ones.

I will have to steal my roomie's camera tonight and take pictures of all the goodies Kati made me because they are all so awesome.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

radal16
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006 06:09:18 PM »

Your owl painting is great, cute squirrel bag too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingerquilts
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006 07:00:59 AM »

Great paintings.  Everything is nice but I absolutely ADORE that IPod pouch!  I am getting and Ipod for my birthday next month and I can hardly wait!  Nice job craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006 05:42:50 PM »

Great paintings.  Everything is nice but I absolutely ADORE that IPod pouch!  I am getting and Ipod for my birthday next month and I can hardly wait!  Nice job craftsters!

You know you're a Craftster when....
You're excited about getting an iPod because you can't wait to outfit it with handcrafted accessories!   Cheesy

Great job, you two.  Those things are fantastic.  kristieb, the painting you did really stands out for me.  Does the girl have an electrical plug?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
astronogirl
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006 07:05:15 PM »

Yeah, it does.  I love it!  It's like me, but only an abstract robot me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swappies!  Just PM me!

I'm also looking for a date to the winter dance...

Wisties!!!! - www.wists.com/astronogirl
cybilverbeana

mmm...lipstick....mom's good lipstick....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006 08:20:58 AM »

How very cool...a robot likeness...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist list!
http://www.wists.com/cybilverbeana

willing to do personal atc swaps! PM me if interested....
Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006 12:24:28 AM »

Me and papergirlproduction s did a personal swap.

I sent her felt and palstic buttons. and in return i got tarot cards, paper empherma and a few buttons.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/28638Bb.JPG
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/28638A.JPG

the tarot cards are so pretty. thanks papergirlprod.!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012 11:27:46 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: http://pinkdinosaur.blogspot.com/
Wists: http://www.wists.com/pink_dinosaur
------------------------------
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Life-Changing Makeover Revealed
Tricks to Dressing Slimmer
Tricks to Dressing Slimmer
Plus-Size Style Tips
Jill Martin With Marlo Thomas
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...