A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sexy New "Purple Dahlia" 2-piece Bikini  (Read 2726 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Croshayqueen

I make crochet SEXY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2006 05:50:04 PM »

I "freehand" crocheted this set from my own original pattern in a gorgeous purples varigated  stretchy cotton, keeps it's shape perfectly in the water Wink
I seperately crocheted the dahlia's and appliqued them by hand:

http://images17.fotki.com/v294/photos/6/62477/1136955/urpleHaze2piecefullfrontbikini-vi.jp

http://images17.fotki.com/v295/photos/6/62477/1136955/PurpleHaze2piecebikinifront2-vi.jpg
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013 06:05:31 PM by pinkleo - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

olivian
i<3 love

nothing is real... nothing to get hung about

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006 09:27:30 PM »

do you sell your swimwear? all of your creations are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006 05:04:57 PM »

I think this is my new favorite of yours! That's my favorite stitch and second favorite color.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
Ms.Snit

I knit therefore I am...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006 05:52:15 AM »

That is so sexy... omg... enjoy it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.spunmag.com - Not just knittin' pretty
Croshayqueen

I make crochet SEXY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006 06:23:08 AM »

do you sell your swimwear? all of your creations are amazing!

Hey Grin Yep I sure doooo...  I have a custom bikini business here in Atlanta, and I have been selling them for over 10 years (since I was 22). I am just starting my mail orders, and I am really hoping to have at least a few suits ready to go online for custom orders by the end of this month... then on to my pattern site Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

samuraisqurl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006 11:12:35 AM »

Wow!  You're designs are AMAZING!!  I can't wait until your patterns are up!!  I've been trying to figure out a swimsuit for myself that is sexy, but a little less revealing (I had 2 kids in 2 years and have the stretch marks to prove it).  I'm going to take some pictures of your designs with me to the gym for inspiration!   Wink  Its already swimsuit season here in FL!  I need to get crackin'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Croshayqueen

I make crochet SEXY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006 07:20:41 PM »

Wow!  You're designs are AMAZING!!  I can't wait until your patterns are up!!  I've been trying to figure out a swimsuit for myself that is sexy, but a little less revealing (I had 2 kids in 2 years and have the stretch marks to prove it).  I'm going to take some pictures of your designs with me to the gym for inspiration!   Wink  Its already swimsuit season here in FL!  I need to get crackin'.

Awww, thanks! Grin  I'm working out to, these are so yummy when I'm working on them, it's great motivation to NOT raid the "snack cabinet"  Wink

I am thinking up a design now for a flirty little skirted one-piece with a tighter weave on the tummy. If you used 2 strands together, it would give ALOT of support and hold your tummy under control (she speaketh from experience) Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilMissPink
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006 07:30:50 PM »

Awww, thanks! Grin  I'm working out to, these are so yummy when I'm working on them, it's great motivation to NOT raid the "snack cabinet"  Wink

I am thinking up a design now for a flirty little skirted one-piece with a tighter weave on the tummy. If you used 2 strands together, it would give ALOT of support and hold your tummy under control (she speaketh from experience) Roll Eyes

I almost made a skirted bikini bottom... I say almost because it's in my drawer unfinished, and that's because I tried to knit the skirt and came out horrible because i'm not that great at knitting.   Roll Eyes I don't think I'll ever go back to it, i'm too busy with other bathing suits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
cnp71201
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006 08:05:12 PM »

I LOVE that! Do you sell patterns, too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
jeaniebeanie123
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006 09:08:23 PM »

what yarn do you recommend for water safe swimwear?Huh  Grin These are absolutley beautiful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The mere thought hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind."
Douglas Adams
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Gouache in your Art
How to Choose a Sketching Pencil
Applying Tonal Shading
How to Use Pastels
How to Use Watercolor Crayons
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...